The COOP mod is under construcion, but need some ltittle help.

(fretn) #41

there is some basic info in the wiki about joining a server. (on windows if you want to connect to a local server, connect to the ip 127.0.0.1)

There is no documentation at the moment because its not ready (but I’ve just updated it with the above info)

the config is written in your appdata because nowadays, computers are multi user, so you don’t want your settings be mixed up with other users their settings

coopconfig.cfg is always overwritten, the same counts for wolfconfig.cfg and wolfconfig_mp.cfg
if you want to make your own config, put it in the main folder and make an autoexec.cfg where you execute your new config

have fun :slight_smile:

(Staatmeister) #42

Computers always was multi user, but that changed, when microsoft released DOS, and they returned to multi user with Windows NT. :wink:

Serverbrowser now works, at least in the local network, but still no luck with the coop game. After joining i get nothing but a black screen, with flickering text about the game mode, that text, known while joining a Quake III game.
Soloplayer works so far.

(fretn) #43

you need the pk3 files from other_files
and you need to type /playerstart in the console after the loading screen (if you to a non dedicated (listen) server)

(Crytiqal) #44

Could someone release the windows binaries? I don’t have experience with pulling the svn host and compiling everything… :frowning:

(Mateos) #45

That’s why Google can give some tutorials for compiling :slight_smile:

(fretn) #46

if you want to play it with bugs that spoil the fun, then you have to compile it
else you will have to wait until I’m satisfied and release binaries :slight_smile:

(Staatmeister) #47

[QUOTE=fretn;387613]you need the pk3 files from other_files
and you need to type /playerstart in the console after the loading screen (if you to a non dedicated (listen) server)[/QUOTE]

I have the pk3 files in the “main” folder, and connect to a dedicated server, tried both local, and a dedicated server on another machine.

I am no programmer, and have no experience with this stuff… but…

Get Visual Studio Express C++
Get an SVN Client
Pull the source via the SVN Client to your machine.
Download SDL development libraries
Extract the SDL stuff
Add the SDL stuff to the path in the VC project.
compile

(fretn) #48

New screenshot:

There is now a teamoverlay like in the multiplayer.
The first character is the player weapon, K (knife), P (pistol), S (submachinegun), E (explosive), R (rifle), H (heavy weapon).
The location is provided by a separated .ents file. I have to generate all the locations for each map, if you have inspiration for location names, let me know :slight_smile:

(Crytiqal) #49

Maybe use a weapons icon instead of the first character like H,K,P?

Also i have a question :wink:
Do cutscenes still work and are they shown for all the players?
Would be nice if they did ^^.

Maybe make it a dedicated server setting to turn them on or off ?

Still looking forward to this mod.
I don’t hope you change too much from the original game tho ^^

PS: Isnt the player holding the Heavy Weapon (Panzerfaust) using the wrong animation? It’s like hes holding a Thompson?

(fretn) #50

I don’t know if there are small icons available, I need to look it up

cutscenes can be turned off on the server, they get boring after a while :slight_smile:

see this page for all the new cvars and cmds: http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/wiki/HowTo

Its possible that some animations are still not 100% correct, but marvin already did a fantastic job in fixing them (at first I only had animations for running forward and holding a gun :slight_smile: )

The only gameplay changes I will do are to make it playable in coop

(Mateos) #51

I know in some games that a players have to wait for the others to skip/end the cut scenes, is it the case in your mod when they’re turned on? Or does all spawn and the ones viewing it rest behind when others can/do play?

(fretn) #52

if you enable the cutscenes, you have to watch them until they are finished, so its better to disable them :slight_smile:

(Indloon) #53

I’m gonna try this.

But…

Do I need full version of RTCW before this? : P

(fretn) #54

yes you do :slight_smile:

(Staatmeister) #55

Not in the game, but i guess it should be easy to create some small icons, and put them into the sp_pak_coop_ui.pk3.

(fretn) #56

I think it will be hard to make the icons really clear, because they have to be very small, I’ll give it a try

(Mateos) #57

In ET mods it looks fine in Fireteam, even in low resolutions, so it should be possible… For the dimensions of the icons you can have a look at NQ for example.

(KeMoN) #58

As continuation from the moddb-page

>>I’ve disabled this feature[…]I also tweaked the skill levels<<
That’s great because in vanilla wolf it was really easy to win against the germans :slight_smile: Nevertheless I think you should add more enemies in order to give the team a bit more sense as a team. To create a slight feeling of tactical approaching to a large group of enemies and not just 5 players running around attacking 2 germans.

You somewhere said you have different weapon types. Will there also be (ET-like) different classes linked to those weapons?

For your question about the project 51:

Youtube Walk-throughs by madukasstanda:

I posted three of the imo best mission parts:
Part 1
Part 5
Part 6
Part 9

(fretn) #59

No new weapon types, just the weapons that are in the single player game.

The mappack looks nice (on the screenshots), but I still need to find some time to watch the videos, thanks for the info !

(Staatmeister) #60

Project 51 is really great, but for a coop campaign it have too many cutscenes, in my opinion. For a more challenging game, the Stalingrad mod is nice, but unfortunately a little bland regarding the maps.