The COOP mod is under construcion, but need some ltittle help.

(fretn) #21

Chat works already. Voice chat is under consideration

(.Chris.) #22

Any experienced mappers want to work on a set of missions or something for this mod?

(dutchmeat) #23

Looks smashing Fretn, good work!

(jacKfIsher05) #24

Wow, guys, amazing job. :eek:

(-SSF-Sage) #25

Btw guys. Here is a map scene I was working to go in Capuzzo mission, but then I realised I want to keep Capuzzo as Capuzzo, not add Tobruk in it. So now I’m planning on a Fort map for Capuzzo. This is a 2 map set, it is based on an old unfinished project from ET. First map is ready (except for shader overflow bug. And ignore the error, AI is fully functional, just not compiled). Second map is quite unfinished. The vis is good tho so could have tons of bots. Map is not the longest tho. Few pics.

(ronboy) #26

Great design, Sage. But shouldn’t this post be on the Capuzzo thread, instead of the coop mod thread? :o

(-SSF-Sage) #27

Well I thought I would not put this into Capuzzo afterall. So basicly I have currently no use for these 2 maps. Ofc I can think about 2 map tobruk pack after Capuzzo. Tho I must admit I sometimes dream about a massive African campaign, but the reality is that it would never be finished.

(.Chris.) #28

ronboy, think he’s offering to use the map for the coop mod, not advertising. I think he’s right in what he said before that the missions in RTCW will be really easy with coop, wouldn’t it be nice to launch with a least one new mission that shows off the potential of what can be done with maps built with coop in mind?

Sage, be good to collaborate on some African mini mission with your two maps? Need some little project to get warmed up for Wolf MP mod. :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #29

Seems I misunderstood. Sorry, Sage. :o

(fretn) #30

[QUOTE=.Chris.;405969]ronboy, think he’s offering to use the map for the coop mod, not advertising. I think he’s right in what he said before that the missions in RTCW will be really easy with coop, wouldn’t it be nice to launch with a least one new mission that shows off the potential of what can be done with maps built with coop in mind?

Sage, be good to collaborate on some African mini mission with your two maps? Need some little project to get warmed up for Wolf MP mod. :)[/QUOTE]

yes please, make custom maps !!! :slight_smile:

(-SSF-Sage) #31

Well Tobruk could use a pair of fresh air. :slight_smile: Chris, we can try. :slight_smile: Time is not my strongest atm. Atleast my work ends in Friday so I basicly have nothing to do for the rest of the year, but you know how life is… takes up your time. Btw this is based on the Project I Co-oped Avoc with years ago, map called Heat. Most of the original design was created by him.

The idea in the map is that you start from behind the enemy lines. Tobruk is separated in 2 “sides”. You are on a kind of sabotage mission. Poison their water supplies, destroy communications and such. On the first side you have to meet your local friend to give you poison. Then find a way to get to the second side (find keys). On the second side you’ll do all the sabotage.

As I said, first map is basicly ready. Only need to get the shader overflow bug fixed. Am quite close to the limit, but still could not figure out what to get rid of. Then the AI has to be turned for COOP mode and stuff like that. The second map is barely converted, has to be re textured and many parts be redone and replanned, the core is there thought.

I can pack the map up and show it to Fretn and Chris. Do note I will not compile light, as it is currently bugged. You will see how it works, not how it looks. Looks you see in the screenshots above.

(.Chris.) #32

Yeah I’m same but have been aching to do some mapping again recently, have so many ideas for coop buzzing in my head and also for the Wolf:MP mod. I’m away on long weekend this week (fri-mon).

Sounds awesome.

Was thinking about the mod in general, perhaps there should be something that the mapper can put in mapscript or where ever it be best, to specify the maximum number of players? Some mappers may build small maps where you only really can fit in two players working along side each other and if 8 people played on it, it would be ruined almost so they enter the limit of 2 players and it wont get ruined.

(-SSF-Sage) #33

Oh yeah. Btw. I added COOP entities to my radiants entitylist (GTK 1.5.0), and it seems to work. Would need to test it with COOP mod, but atleast it shows up correctly in radiant, map and bsp file. I don’t bother checking how it is stored in 1.4, but if you want it in 1.5 (use with your own risk)… Follow:

Go to …/My-GTK-Folder/wolf.game/main. Open wolf_entities.def. Scroll to the very bottom of the file. Add the following below:

/*QUAKED coop_spawnpoint (0 0 1) (-18 -18 -24) (18 18 48) startactive
Potential spawning position for COOP. Target with coop_spawnpoint_trigger or tick the box startactive to activate the spawn.

"targetname"		If targeted by coop_spawnpoint_trigger
"angle"			Facing direction

*/

/*QUAKED coop_spawnpoint_trigger (.5 .5 .5) ?
Captureable flag. Target it to coop_spawnpoint.

"target"			Target it to coop_spawnpoint
"model"			Add model ( models/multiplayer/flagpole/flagpole_reinforce.md3 )
"angle"			Facing direction

*/

And if you are missing target_location on your list, add this too:

/*QUAKED target_location (.5 .5 .5) (-8 -8 -8) (8 8 8) ?
Works only on MP or COOP
"message"		Name of the location
"count" 		Set 0-7 for color.
0:white 1:red 2:green 3:yellow 4:blue 5:cyan 6:magenta 7:white

*/

Cheers.

(fretn) #34

the coop_spawnpoint_trigger has to be linked to spawnpoints with target / targetname

(-SSF-Sage) #35

That is what I wrote. In your mapping info it works just like a basic spawn. This is what I read from the ent script example you created: Correct me if I’m wrong.

Spawnflag 1 makes it active, spawnflag 0 deactive, so you can set it on/off at startup, correct? (using the box “startactive”)

To toggle the state ingame you can use coop_spawnpoint_trigger (and basicly almost any other entitity or just script), correct? (basicly it gives you the flagpole and alerts the spawn point when touched)

You don’t need coop_spawnpoint_trigger if you have a spawn that is always active, correct?

(fretn) #36

hmm I don’t know how I managed to look over this :slight_smile:

what you write is correct, except for that you can script spawnpoints to enable

There’s one thing thats not in the wiki yet: you can give a target_location also a “targetname”. The targetname has to be set the same as the “target” of a “coop_spawnpoint_trigger”. When this is done, the location name is printed on the screen when a spawnzone is captured:

-SSF-Sage has captured the upper bunker spawnzone

if no target_location is connected to a flagpole, then the text is

-SSF-Sage has captured a new spawnzone

(-SSF-Sage) #37

That’s exactly what I wrote. Unless you mean that can not. And if not, that would not make any sense. :smiley:

That is cool with the target_location. :stuck_out_tongue: Then it would look like this:

/*QUAKED target_location (.5 .5 .5) (-8 -8 -8) (8 8 8) ?
Works only on MP or COOP
"targetname"		Can be linked to coop_spawn_trigger to activate with a new spawnpoint.
"message"		Name of the location
"count" 		Set 0-7 for color.
0:white 1:red 2:green 3:yellow 4:blue 5:cyan 6:magenta 7:white

*/

(fretn) #38

*cannot script spawnpoints to enable

well I never tried it, so it might be possible :stuck_out_tongue:

(-SSF-Sage) #39

Well as far as I could believe it should work. As you just change the spawnflag like in any other entity. And the trigger just alerts the spawn entity, so it should work with alertentity command (possibly have to link with a target_relay thought). Thought I don’t know exactly how entities are coded in the game, so maybe it does not work like I imagine. Well it does not really matter anyway. And I did not mention about it on the entity info.

(Staatmeister) #40

I am waiting for this really. I have compiled the latest build successfully, but no success in joining the server. I guess, there is much more to do.
Single Player works fine so far. I wonder, why the config is saved under %APPDATA%\Wolfenstein\main now, this should be mentioned anywhere in the documentation. A little bit annoying is, that the game overwrite the file, so you have to set it read-only to prevent overwriting of stuff you edited by hand.

But great work for now, keep it up.