"The Bridge of Remagen" Beta Shots!

(Dr.Diode) #481

:bash: :bash:

(Akir) #482

lalallalaa, will it be released by the end of the year, i would like to play it this year if possible. From the screenies and the overhead map it looks like it could be the best ET map IMHO. If I liked the alpha, this is gonna blow my head. :P:P:P
i been playing ET a year now and i heard of this map when i first started, u have taken ur time and done your research so i really think it was worth the wait.

(BXpress) #483

hmm… i should just release this map and see what people make out of it… hopefully a good script^^

(Ifurita) #484

I thought your map objectives were pretty straight forward - what help do you need with the script?

(BXpress) #485

i just need the script :smiley:

(Ifurita) #486

So you have NONE of the scripting done or just need it to be cleaned up? Specifically:

What scripted events do you have in your map and at what stage of completion is the script:

1. Capturable spawn flags
  2. Command post
  3. Returnable Objectives
  4. Game win script
  5. Moving vehicles
  6. Other script movers (doors etc)
  7. Constructibles
  8. Destructibles
  9. Objdata and limbo cameras
  10. Any custom VOs and .sound files

(]UBC[ McNite) #487

So u have been mapping on a map for 13 months and have never been able to playtest it (alone or with others) to check on playability because you simply haven’t done any scripting, so you couldn’t play ANY part of the map? omfgMEGALOL
(sorry for not being constructive but this seems ridiculous to me, and I ve only been mapping for 2.5 months now)

(]UBC[ McNite) #488

Ok, now something constructive:

I can help scripting flags, multiple spawnpoints, destructibles, constructibles, command posts (even neutral ones), takeaway-objectives (that s what I use in my map). So maybe i can help a bit (while finishing my map) (which won’t take 13 months) (how did u keep motivation up that long anyway?)

(nUllSkillZ) #489

Just take a look here (it’s on side 16 BTW):
http://www.splashdamage.com/index.php?name=pnPHPbb2&file=viewtopic&t=2634&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=473

(Ifurita) #490

Yeah, I remember that - thanks, what we really need to know is what has been scripted and tested?

(BXpress) #491

[quote=]UBC[ McNite]So u have been mapping on a map for 13 months and have never been able to playtest it (alone or with others) to check on playability because you simply haven’t done any scripting, so you couldn’t play ANY part of the map? omfgMEGALOL
(sorry for not being constructive but this seems ridiculous to me, and I ve only been mapping for 2.5 months now)[/quote]
yea, hell … everyone is thinking that i am sitting on front of my computer and am working on this map 24/7 … and this for the last 14 months… but i wasnt. i had a lot to do, been busy with the real life u know?
i dont have to finish this map for all of you, im just doing this for myself… i wanted to test me if i get to do a map like this. and i just did. ive been to remagen, ive made pics, ive been just everywhere in the towers and the tunnel… i collected so much experience with mapping etc.

and now, back to the script thing… no, theres just NO scripting done yet… ive been working on the performance all the time, and thats how i tested it… i am just shure that this map will work with the script ive told on the page before. i dont know if im gonna release this map… hell, everything is pissing me off… its my thing when i release this map :wink:

BX

PS: www.BXpress.info.ms

(Ifurita) #492

I wouldn’t get too worked up. My questions were more directed at what scripting is done, so I know what you need help with. As I recall, you said that Drakir was helping you finish the map, so I was under the impression that someone was helping you get the script put together.

(thore) #493

BXpress wir lieben dich doch!

don’t be mad with us, poking you again and again, asking when the map will be done…
the one and only answer that can be true is known by sooo many ppl… it’s done when
it’s done
. i’ve distanced myself from farm for a couple of month yet, started another idea
named japanese relic… just to get a clear thought and relax… it isn’t healthy to worry
about one and the same map for too long, so i can understand you taking a break here
and there… just as you got some real life work to do (who hasn’t)… but a final wish still
is alive: i wanna play that damn freaking map! :smiley: take your time… but pls promise me
you won’t lock away the map when it’s that close to release… YOU have the power of
making sooo many ppl happy… just don’t give up now :wink:

keep it on, keep it on! mapping is so much fun :rolleyes:

:notworthy:
awaiting gamestate…

(BXpress) #494

i luv you too :slight_smile:

(]UBC[ McNite) #495

Yea, lets all have a BIG HUG :moo:
and then we can think about the scripting issue. BX, i think u ll get BAGS of help with the scripting if u ask around.

(BXpress) #496

i am shure that i will^^ …but the time… the damn time

(fattakin) #497

Ask Drakir nicely and i bet he’ll have a look at it, even tho he’s retired

(Red*Uk) #498

Bx dont want help with the script he wants someone to make it for him!! (Spoon feed i belive that is called :P) Shit i waited so long for this map throw it over and i’ll do your damm script!
This thread is soooo long tis getting gay!

nice tuts for D3 btw Bx tnx :stuck_out_tongue:

(BXpress) #499

hes right, i want some slave to make me that script… im too lazy to learn how to do scripts… i just can make nice maps (as u say :wink: )

(blushing_bride) #500

hes right, i want some slave to make me that script… im too lazy to learn how to do scripts… i just can make nice maps (as u say )

hehe i feel exactly the same way as BXpress, i like designing and making the map with texturing and stuff but i find i have no desire to do all the scripting stuff. its not fun and its more like work. i think you scripting genius’s out there who actually like scripting should set up a scripting service website or something where we can order scripts and pay you in buildings or textures etc. good luck with the map BX looking forward to playing it