Team-Aero SHOUTcast Radio!

(.Chris.) #41

Avi to cast, sometimes :slight_smile:

(Shelly) #42

awesome, looking fwd to it =)

(Crytiqal) #43

Due to public interest our previous shoutcast recording will be made available on our next event

(Crytiqal) #44

Coming soon:
http://www.team-aero.org/e107_team/aero_tv.php

(r3fleX) #45

nice, im glad you decided to pick up the project again, should add more fun to these games :slight_smile:

(Ecano) #46

I`m glad too, looks really good :wink:

(Gvardman) #47

gl with it =)

(Crytiqal) #48

Live SHOUTcast
This means people connect to the TV server with their etqw client, and tune in on the radio broadcast at the same time.
(They will have to synchronize the radio with the tv by pausing the radio untill it catches up with the TV and then press unpause).
I recommend hotkeys on your keyboard to pause/unpause your media player.

Pro’s: Free spectator experience, full control of what you see.
Con’s: Synchronizing with radio (it’s really not difficult to pause and unpause tho :D)

Live broadcast
This means people connect to the website and view a live stream which has both audio and video.

Pro’s: People can watch the game and chat with people and do other stuff in the meantime aswell.
Con’s: No full control for the viewer, the stream delay is afaik not 90 seconds but actually live, which is against regulations and can be misused.

VOD (Video on Demand)
The broadcast is recorded and can be played back later on the website.

Pro’s: People can watch it whenever they want
Con’s: It is not live obviously and you miss the “community” experience

Both Live Broadcast and VOD cost a lot of resources.
Radio shoutcasts can be made publicly available afterwards aswell. A serverside demo or a vod would make sense if you want to listen to it again.

(Gvardman) #49

VOD is the best way imo

(onYn) #50

Can´t you do an VOD stream? xD

(Crytiqal) #51

Yea, its possible to live stream and record it for vod later

(jopjop) #52

Id say the stream would be nicest you can record it really easy too atleast own3ed provides this on their site… I tried it and it worked nicely excepting the fact that my pc is too crappy for decent quality… my q6600 wasnt enough for smooth framerate and my 2mb upload was the second bottleneck. Imo the resolution should be 1280x720 or minimum 1088x612. Fps should be 25 minimum and xsplit quality factor atleast nr.6. 16bit sound with 32000 seemed also okayish.
Stream also allows the casters to be on the tv server… so actually live is ok. There is a small delay (some seconds) so it even might be possible to put stream on and go on the tv server then youd get the freedom + the shouting!..

(onYn) #53

A video and audio stream, including a recording would be of course the most awesome thing :wink:

(Kordin) #54

I think Live streaming would be the best. I dont see a disadvantage that u only got the casters view of the game. Its rly annoying if the caster talks about sth and u just dont know where he looks atm. Also i think u would get some more viewers, maybe some none promod players will also turn on the live stream to watch some matches. And the problem with the “no delay abuse” isnt one because for example when u stream with own3d.tv u can put a few minutes of delay on your stream if u want that.

(light_sh4v0r) #55

I always miss live events for some reason, so VOD would get my vote.

(jopjop) #56

Any news on the stream? Matches are starting… would be really nice if this stream + shoutcast happened

(Crytiqal) #57

Streams are automatically recorded aswell and can be made available for later use as VOD’s.

However, i have to attent to some real life things, aswell as that i don’t have a co-host partner.

(jopjop) #58

So is this on or off? If its a just a matter of finding a co-host I think you should ask around more in irc… hmm maybe one (or more) of the team NML girls could help you. It’s more pleasant for the viewers to listen a womans/girls voice rather than for example me sounding monotone and oh so excited :smiley:

(Apples) #59

What if yummi casts, and she doesnt say a thing? :slight_smile: