Steam Greenlight is here

(Mateos) #1

Hello,

Just to let people know Greenlight is up, and it is as fun as “Steambook Beta”: Gaben Newell: Space Episode 1, Happy Wheels, Deer Hunter 2005, some mods… Maybe WolfET? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have a project and want to share it, maybe you can discuss it in General Discussion part; I posted here because I would like to see ET on it, and maybe if enough people wants so… Maybe…

Spread the word!

(Ceres) #2

I don’t see why Enemy Territory shouldn’t be on steam. After all, it’s a free to play and even with its developers abandoning it MANY years ago, it’s still alive and kicking with tons of casual players and many LANS per year for competitive players.
With that being said, ET should be given a chance for players on steam to download and try it.

(acQu) #3

1trickphonyaccounts ^^ Epic tag :smiley:

I just hope there won’t be that, you know, ONE PERSONE WHO SAVES ET aka “the saver of ET” and we should all thank him for that. It will make me puke really hard, believe me. Don’t even try, i know some people who read this will try to use this to their advantage. DONT. I N T E R N E T P O L I C E will catch you :slight_smile:

(rorgoroth) #4

Have fun beating a dead, rotting horse corpse.

The games a mess in so many ways. Certainly in no state at 2.60b to be put on steam, or anything for that matter - The chance of SD or whoever actually fixing it properly and dropping the years long dead PB support? 0.

I suggest you put this energy in to hoping SD’s next game is actually worth playing.

(CoD4Fun) #5

1trickphonyaccounts haha ^^ Epic tag cloud :smiley:

Though, i see that one person who spams this thread with multiple accounts, i still like the idea. However i just hope that there won’t be that, you know, ONE PERSON WHO SAVES ET aka “the saver of ET” and we should all thank him for that. It will make me puke really hard, believe me. Don’t even try, i know some people who read this will try to use this to their advantage. I N T E R N E T P O L I C E will catch you :slight_smile:

Rather let persons get in contact who are real fans and handle this in the interest of the game, not of their own persons and their oh-so-huge e-dick …

ETlive would be my favourite also :slight_smile:

(sMiRZz) #6

if their is one game that deserve to be known and on steam ITS WOLFENSTEIN ENEMY TERRITORY so submit this awesome game now or i will do it even without the rights

(your_mother) #7

not one person with multiple accounts but an etpro community :stuck_out_tongue:

thx to Gabri22

(Gabri22) #8

Its not a single person, its the etpro community: http://www.crossfire.nu/journals/146093/save-et

(Artstar) #9

what are you talking about? :d these are all different users, someone made a journal topic in one of the ET community websites and people came here to support the thread.

(Ruben0s) #10

I would love to see W:ET on steam.

(tokamak) #11

Yeah that would be one hell of a way to undermine Warchest. And I really hope a W:ET redux is in the pipeline if SD wants Warchest to become anything at all. And I really hope they will end up owning their own game one day.

There are millions of players who would flock back to W:ET if it was presented on a more modern platform.

TF2, portal and CS aren’t free/cheap just because they generate revenue, they also generate a customer base, the real sales comes from the Valve fans also buying third party games. You need a high quality freebie to lure them in.

(muessli) #12

@Mateos,
whats about ET on Desura? http://www.desura.com/games/wolfenstein-enemy-territory
wkr muessli

(RASHOMON) #13

ET on stream! The only game I’ve ever played, don’t let it die and support it!
My 2 cents (and no, we are not one single bored person making accounts :D)

(Mateos) #14

Desura is less known atm but has some potential; It has some games, like Postal 2, that Steam doesn’t want, and some other cool and cheap indie games :slight_smile: It is a good platform for mods (Even if on release it supported STALKER SoC, but no mods… Maybe too difficult to handle mod support).

When it was added to desura I asked they went through the PB support thingy but no answer… Haven’t tested it there yet

There’s even still my tutorial for EasyGen xD

(Dragonji) #15

BTW, it seems there is a typo in the title: Geenlight

(Mateos) #16

I can only edit first post title, not thread title :confused: If some moderators goes around, feel free to repair the mistake x)

Thanks Dragonji :slight_smile:

(your_mother) #17

Really? Geez ET community is quite separated : /. There should be something which will connect this forum, crossfire.nu, et.splatterladderr and other communities together somehow.

(garfu) #18

Would be cool to get ET on steam

(montage) #19

Yes,save ET! add the game to steam aka greenlight!

(kAzaje) #20

Wolf et is still alive, lan parties , cups we cant lose this game!