Sony Confirm Splash Damage Working with Next Generation Console Technology

(badman) #1

A new blog post has been added:

Sony Confirm Splash Damage Working with Next Generation Console Technology

At last night’s “See The Future” event, Sony provided an early look the next PlayStation, including specs, features, and a few of the games. Also announced was the line-up of developers supporting Sony’s new console, and Splash Damage is one of them. What we’re working on we can’t reveal yet, but we’re excited to be part of the developer community for PlayStation 4.

What are you hoping for from PlayStation 4?

(Dragonji) #2

Uh, still no real PS4 specification given… People wanna know if it really will be a next generation machine. I heard PS4 is going to have 8-cores AMD processor but I guess it’s false info :smiley:

(Dthy) #3

I heard it has 256 MB of RAM

(Rex) #4

Enough for the next CoD :smiley:

(SockDog) #5

I’ve yet to hear Sony announce hardware without it failing to live up to the hype. PS2 was realtime Toy Story wasn’t it? PS3 the Cell was going to be like the matrix or something. PS4, it’s got 8GB ram and by dammit it’ll let you upload 10second clips to facebook with all of it. LOL

Grats to SD though, I was thinking the silence was due to announcements pending on next gen. Hope we get to hear more at E3 once MS pulls its finger out.

(Darksider) #6

It was revealed to the press during the event, Specs below are OFFICIAL

(SinDonor) #7

[QUOTE=badman;429538]A new blog post has been added:

Sony Confirm Splash Damage Working with Next Generation Console Technology[/QUOTE]

Kickass! I’m looking forward to your next console game. Let me know if you need any help Alpha testing it too. I’ll need you to send me a PS4 though. Thanks in advance!

(Mustang) #8

Why you sneaky… :tongue:

What genre game is it?

From what Sony are saying the PS4 will exceed my expectations.

That’s a pretty bold statement seeing as I haven’t told them my expectations yet.

So I’ll kick things off by letting them know I expect it to have 4K support at a rock solid 120-140 fps in all games.

It they exceed that I will be queuing up to buy one on release day, and I haven’t even played a console game for 8 years or something.

Meh what the heck, I might even buy one just to support SD’s super secret project.

(en2ie) #9

I actually noticed the splash logo when i was watching the press event! :wink:

I loved the whole Gaikai integration they had going on, will be interesting to see if Microsoft will have anything like that.

(jacKfIsher05) #10

Who cares about this Old-Gen Japanese S*it and all about consoles? :o

(Loffy) #11

Gratulations Splash Damage. This is interesting and promising news.

(leifhv) #12

What are you hoping for from PlayStation 4?

-That it’ll allow us to use mouse+keyboard for FPS games
-That it’ll give us better PC games since it’s basically a non-open mid-end PC

(tokamak) #13

Please be a third person acrobatic shooter.

(Dthy) #14

So BRINK 3rd person?

(tokamak) #15

But with more over the top smart. If you lift Brink’s smart to a third person then there really isn’t anything special about it. What Brink did right was make the parkour feel right form a first person point of view. With third person you receive a lot more liberty.

(SockDog) #16

I’d love for it to be a primarily single player FPS just so SD had a shot of doing something different. I think that Brink would have been so much better if it was allowed to live and breath through a tradition single player campaign.

(wolfnemesis75) #17

Awesome news. Good to see Splash Damage on the Next Gen list for console. You guys rock.

(Nail) #18

me big fan of Splash doing a single player game

(Rex) #19

Excited to see what it will be. But if it’s going to be ETQW 2 I will eat myself! :smiley:

(Loffy) #20

I bet it is a single player.
a) SD should do a single player, just so they can tick it of the list. It’s a natural evolution for a company with ambitions.
b) Some of their key writers have been quite silent for a relatively long time. I think they are focusing on this project.

So, what will it be? Surely a shooter. Will it have a multiplayer component? Yes, I think so. I mean, they know that part of game development. :slight_smile: But what will be game be about? What is the story, what is its setting in time and geography?

Given the huge risk, I guess SD is playing safe, since it is their first single player. So, forget space, squirrels, and portals. It will be an easy-to-understand, easy-to-remember backstory, and an intuitive game. Pick up you gun and play. Still, in true SD style, it will have depth and replayability. And it will be something completely new, i.e. a new intellectual property, owned by the guys. (In other words, no sequals or identical clones of previous games.)

For the protocol: I am just brainstorming here. I have no facts or other evidence to justify my claims above.