servers list down today ?

(Smurfer) #41

masturbating

(Patriotqube) #42

well i added all our servers now Paul, your doing a nice job as it seems

have a few thoughts

if this is what we have todo to get our game running again, wouldnt that be a great time to remove tracking to 2.55 servers and remove all the downloads we can find that are 2.55, we must all have some in our download sections i think.

afterall as i see this solution where there has to be made a change in et.exe, we all would have to reinstall again or atleast download that new et.exe

i think it would be a good time to make a clean break and finally get all players on 1 version only the newest ofc.

cant really see any bad things about doing that.

and yeah we have 2.55+ servers also, but that would take me half an hour to upgrade them.

and if we then all only have 2.60b games in our download sections im sure that would work

(macbeth) #43

[QUOTE=Paul;391247]In the mean time, I’ve coded a replacement master server. Just need some tests now to see if it’ll stay stable. Then change the adres in ET.exe and people can use it again :slight_smile:

If you already want to include your server in this list, just add this in your server cfg

set sv_master3 "master0.etmaster.net"

[/QUOTE]

you mean instead of this line?
set sv_master3 “master0.gamespy.com

then i added our silent and etpub server if they are adding later in the main servers list i will do the same for our nq server

thanks you Tom

(OldMan2011) #44

Nice job Paul ! :slight_smile:

i think it would be a good time to make a clean break and finally get all players on 1 version only the newest ofc.

cant really see any bad things about doing that.

and yeah we have 2.55+ servers also, but that would take me half an hour to upgrade them.

and if we then all only have 2.60b games in our download sections im sure that would work

Perhaps it would be better to make a version jump to the example et2.70. And a note when joining. As with et2.60b.

The server file but need be adjusted. :rolleyes:

(Paul) #45

Àlmost ready :slight_smile:

(cheesy) #46

Make those changes for what…so you can keep a few players and/or update your clan members? About 50% (and that is conservative) of the ET player pool are simple people who do not know to make such edits. They download the game and click ET.exe and whatever is there…is there. Everyone thought that all players would magically know to upgrade from 2.55 to 2.60b and look at what a failure that was. If it is not automated…it is a cluster-screw. That is a gaming fact.

I honor your attempts…but if that list does not come back up, many servers are going bye-bye. And it may be a clan-ender for many smaller clans. But the good news is that the big clans like F|A and their trackbase friends will probably only lose half of their business over the next year or so.

I will give it a couple weeks, if it does not come back up, well…its time to trade a couple of my ET servers for Call of Duty.

(Mateos) #47

Nowadays the gamers usually look for updates for their games, but about the PB and other… Well, they go on forums. Far Cry 2 and other games known this issue with PB, and you can see all the accounts created these days just to ask why there’s no list of servers.

But it’s true a majority of players will skip the game because they’ll see it as “dead”. But if they come here to fix PB, maybe they’ll notice the thing about master server issues, and fixes.

(Peter Peterson) #48

[QUOTE=cheesy;391618]Make those changes for what…so you can keep a few players and/or update your clan members? About 50% (and that is conservative) of the ET player pool are simple people who do not know to make such edits. They download the game and click ET.exe and whatever is there…is there. Everyone thought that all players would magically know to upgrade from 2.55 to 2.60b and look at what a failure that was. If it is not automated…it is a cluster-screw. That is a gaming fact.

I honor your attempts…but if that list does not come back up, many servers are going bye-bye. And it may be a clan-ender for many smaller clans. But the good news is that the big clans like F|A and their trackbase friends will probably only lose half of their business over the next year or so.

I will give it a couple weeks, if it does not come back up, well…its time to trade a couple of my ET servers for Call of Duty.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth.

Seeing the by far most popular version of ET being 2.55 there isnt much sense to argue about it.

(GIXLORDGIX) #49

Most new players downloading et wolf for the 1st time. {host that have the game- www.download .com - http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com} to name a few… use the 2.55 base one. in the UK -Germany- Slovenian- those parts of the world- people play et for the 1st time use 2.55. So all the talk about 2.6b is useless. the people who have the download files {1st release 2.55} are the ones who need the new EXEC. If there is to be one. Making ones for you’re select few is good for you and your friends. But for everyone else. -not-. Do you really think people come to this site to see what the problem is… :stuck_out_tongue: that is almost laughable. So yes you have to think on a larger scale, not just to seek fame in this er… webpage.
As far as the list coming back up anytime soon- well that’s up-to the “cloud” now isn’t it. ZenMax takes care of the et wolf thing now, You ask your self… what have you done… Ive spent this Friday, calling these people on the phone, to see whats the deal. I found out that - no brainier here- et wolf makes them zero - coin- If anything it costs them large coin to maintain - that ID software- is under going -restructure change- . So I doubt that they are overly worried about a few thousand et wolf players at the moment. They are aware of the problem tho. when will it be fixed… good question.
maybe during this restructure process someone unplug the server eh :smiley:

(cheesy) #50

Most new games have an update option built into the game, or it does it automatically.

(hunterthebest) #51

True this can also be updated, but since idsoftware has all the rights… Can nobody do that.:wink:

(Joe999) #52

any news yet? has it been shut down by bethesda, activision, id, cleaning maid unplugged a cable, etc?

(Tankey) #53

I’m also interested in this.

(Major Pains) #54

I’m glad I found this forum, I also have no servers in my server browser list, Until I found this forum I thought I had a problem on my end.
Just waiting for it to be fixed, Soon I hope ;^)>>

(Destroy666) #55

Hello? There is already a fix:
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31768-Unofficial-Server-List-Fix

(Major Pains) #56

[QUOTE=Destroy666;391770]Hello? There is already a fix:
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31768-Unofficial-Server-List-Fix[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I did the fix and ET loaded up the server browser so I’m sure it worked, Thanks Destroy666 ;^)>>

(cheesy) #57

This is not so much a “fix” as it is a new trivial problem and patch that players have to go hunting for.

If it is determined that the list is never coming back up, maybe we can petition to have id add this 3rd party “fix” to their download, otherwise it is still going to result in a dramatic decrease in ET traffic.

My bet is people are going to reinstall the game a few times thinking something is wrong, before just uninstalling the game altogether. What will be left are the hardcore ET gamers and clan members.

But honestly, this is a really good effort to keep ET going.

(Major Pains) #58

[QUOTE=cheesy;391787]This is not so much a “fix” as it is a new trivial problem and patch that players have to go hunting for.

If it is determined that the list is never coming back up, maybe we can petition to have id add this 3rd party “fix” to their download, otherwise it is still going to result in a dramatic decrease in ET traffic.

My bet is people are going to reinstall the game a few times thinking something is wrong, before just uninstalling the game altogether. What will be left are the hardcore ET gamers and clan members.

But honestly, this is a really good effort to keep ET going.[/QUOTE]

I uninstalled it myself but being rather stubborn I just kept looking and then I found this forum…That ROCKS!!! ;^)>>

(badman) #59

Please continue discussion here: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31768-Unofficial-Server-List-Fix