servers list down today ?

(GIXLORDGIX) #21

I know a few bored lawyers who are happy to look into stuff like this. - cost - to us the players -server fees… I have found that most “rich” gaming company’s start to get the ball rolling if they are about to get sued, off hand the rich don’t like being “poor” :smiley: with that said. maybe whoever thinks they can “force” Et Wolf players not to play the game by “dumping” the servers list… better “rethink this”

(Sobi) #22

POLAND - etmaster.idsoftware.com - Offline :frowning: 4 days.

(badman) #23

Don’t have an update yet but we’ll see what we can find out regarding where things are at.

(Tankey) #24

Great. Thanks for you efforts, badman.

But geesh, I wish the ****ing ID team work a bit faster to get it back up. They are ****ing ruining the game. Let them fix the downtimes for good, instead of another downtime 2months later.

Omfg. And that team is a company? They get paid for doing anything? They are eating out their noses probably.

(hunterthebest) #25

It takes a bit too long if you ask me… ;

There are 2 options :

1. A big problem.
  2. They dropped it.

(hunterthebest) #26

Quote from SD : “The Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory master server is still offline - the good folks at id are aware and looking into it.” // 30 minutes ago.

(Patriotqube) #27

Yeah and my guess is thats what SD knows and are acting after
I just think its taking to long with to many “old” games involved. have a bad feeling about this :wink:

(stealth6) #28

How long have has it been down? From what I’ve been reading it’s been down for a few days. You guys make it sound like a few months. I guess patience isn’t everybody’s strong point.

(Patriotqube) #29

True on both statements :slight_smile:

well i hope im wrong

(acQu) #30

Probably since Friday/Saturday. That would be what? 4/5 days?

(Tankey) #31

That sir, is a fact. But think about the amount of new players? THey think like omgosh no servers -> baibai. same for existing players who aren’t so smart to connect through IP

(stealth6) #32

Don’t think so. Most of the player base that is left is friends of friends or something similar. Not like people are randomly picking up the game like “W:ET what is this?”

Therefore I imagine their reaction is more like “hey it isn’t working, let me call so-and-so and ask what’s up” they’ll then tell them what’s up or try to resolve the problem.

Also 4-5 days isn’t very long I think after 2 weeks you could start worrying.

(Destroy666) #33

[QUOTE=stealth6;391239]Don’t think so. Most of the player base that is left is friends of friends or something similar. Not like people are randomly picking up the game like “W:ET what is this?”

Therefore I imagine their reaction is more like “hey it isn’t working, let me call so-and-so and ask what’s up” they’ll then tell them what’s up or try to resolve the problem…[/QUOTE]

Don’t think so, agree with Tankey, there are still many newbies who will wonder ‘where the duck are servers?’ and leave the game. Many people aren’t in clan / don’t use XFire or other gaming chat / don’t know sites where they can ask about it.

(Paul) #34

In the mean time, I’ve coded a replacement master server. Just need some tests now to see if it’ll stay stable. Then change the adres in ET.exe and people can use it again :slight_smile:

If you already want to include your server in this list, just add this in your server cfg

set sv_master3 "master0.etmaster.net"

(OldMan2011) #35

If you already want to include your server in this list, just add this in your server cfg
Code:

set sv_master3 “master0.etmaster.net

Very beautiful. Added to my server.cfg

(Smurfer) #36

Do you think you could make it work for all versions? :stroggbanana::stroggbanana:

fumbling with server cfgs

(Smurfer) #37

It seems to be working fine

(Paul) #38

[QUOTE=Bastard;391258]Do you think you could make it work for all versions? :stroggbanana::stroggbanana:

fumbling with server cfgs[/QUOTE]

If you meant 2.55/2.60b difference. That’s the goal, currently it’ll just respond all the servers on the getservers request. We’re still working on getting it to work ingame as well. The side between gameserver<>master should already be working at the moment.

(OldMan2011) #39

Also with me

Resolving master0.etmaster.net
master0.etmaster.net resolved to

:cool:

I hope you do not forget Linux clients :rolleyes:

(Paul) #40

I can confirm fetching the serverlist in Enemy Territory works.

For both ET 2.55/2.60b on windows, linux will do tomorrow. I’ll also synchronise the masterlist with the already-existing servers that haven’t set up the additional masterserver yet. Gotta sleep now, will continue tomorrow.

[b]In this picture it resolves to masterser0.etmaster.net, it needed to be the same lenght as the original, to get your server on the list add “master0.etmaster.net” to your config master. Like

set sv_master3 "master0.etmaster.net"