Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

(.Chris.) #121

Its just teammate info of someone on the ground waiting on revive as his crosshair passes over it.

(Aristotle) #122

No that’s before what I am talking about, there is no body near his crosshair for the dots I am talking about, the one body he passes is before you get to the dot and the players name and everything has already faded.

(.Chris.) #123

Yeah I see now, they are mines.

(Seanza) #124

MoH beta finished tonight anyway. 1 week until the full game is out!

(Apples) #125

Another actifail game? keep your etqw cup going first man…

(r3fleX) #126

Ah okay looks like im getting my pc back on Tuesday now :frowning: due to a faulty PSU :confused:

(Rex) #127

I hope you didn’t stint on your PSU. :rolleyes:

(brbrbr) #128

can’t wait to see solid-state capacitiors-equipped PSU’s on market.
most weakest part of this subsystem.

(Seanza) #129

MoH is loads of fun. I don’t have time for cups right now, sadly.

(Proteas) #130

+1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHPZQo5qc44 :tongue:

(r3fleX) #131

Oh thanks alot to whoever stickied this :slight_smile:

(r3fleX) #132

Heres a great article for anyone interested in improving their aim/reflex’s that i have come across written by Hendrik ’Anderson’ Kinks (RELOAd): http://game-on.intel.com/eng/games/0c6ac9e1-6f37-4068-af0f-57941d01e0e8/default.aspx

Also got my pc back today yaay! :smiley:

(edxot) #133

i have a suggestion for your tutorial.

you should explain that net_clientprediction is suposed to be set as half of the players ping value.

if you tried to play with 0 prediction and it felt better than 20 proves nothing. example: if you have 10ms ping, prediction 0 will be better than 20 (but you should have used the value 5 for it). because when you use 0, your shots will come out 5 ms after, and with prediction 20 the shots will be 15ms sooner than suposed.

(brbrbr) #134

[QUOTE=edxot;258011]i have a suggestion for your tutorial.

you should explain that net_clientprediction is suposed to be set as half of the players ping value.

if you tried to play with 0 prediction and it felt better than 20 proves nothing. example: if you have 10ms ping, prediction 0 will be better than 20 (but you should have used the value 5 for it). because when you use 0, your shots will come out 5 ms after, and with prediction 20 the shots will be 15ms sooner than suposed.[/QUOTE]

don’t worry about that TOO MUCH.
because ETQW anti-lag will TRY(!!) to counter increased lag[both caused by connections issues on ISP-level, intentional tampering by “player”, and uplink or CPU saturation]by spiking prediction up to value in “net_clientMaxprediction” cvar.
so if you saw unhit ninja player, moving, like you in slow-mow[1.4x -2.5x times faster] its it - high-fps “config” and netflow mangling.

(edxot) #135

dont you find, at least, curious that guys talking about net_clientprediction 0 are the same ones that talk about unhitable players ?

i wonder

(edxot) #136

still about this prediction issue.

i have noticed some servers imposing a restriction about the prediction value. all these servers seem to use the same rule: net_clientprediction must be between 20 and 25.

i think the rule is ok, to avoid some smart scripting with prediction and decoys.

however i think the range is too smal. almost never i get pings lower than 50. many times i get kicked because i change prediciton to 40, or whatever value required. it is not good for players with pings lower than 40 also.

why not change it from 0 to 100 ?

EDIT: by this time i did not have knowledge about a certain type of macros:

so i assumed it was done using prediction. i mean, a script would raise prediction, fire decoy and turn prediction to the previous value. that was the only possible explanation i could figure out, by that time.
note: when you use rocket launcher or obliterator, people using these macros are noticed right away. because you get the feeling that the rocket and decoys are fired at same time.

(r3fleX) #137

Ah nice to see this thread still active and over 6,000 views :eek:

Erm @ edxot - I think server admins have very little knowledge about clientprediction and so they just restrict it to values very close to default so everyone is on a level playing field if you understand and doesn’t give an advantage to the more experienced tweaking players.

Also would like to share this useful link to anyone who wants to get the most out of their mice and aim… although it is linked with CS most of the things they describe you can apply to any FPS: http://www.overclock.net/mice/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html

(Rex) #138

Hi, I read your guide carefully, but I still suck. :rolleyes:

Where is the problem?

(Dthy) #139

Was the guide the right way up? Happened to me first time i read it. It didn’t make any sense till i noticed in the page numbers where upside down.

(r3fleX) #140

@ Rex - Please describe the nature of your problem or where you feel you are “stuck” at. :stuck_out_tongue:

And dthwsh say whaaaaaaaaat?