Reputation Points

(shagileo) #201

I think so too
I got rep from someone with a relative high post count (= my alternate spam account on these forums, aka Herandar … xD ) and the rep I got wasn’t really that high compared to those with high reps themselves and lower post count

(ps: Herandar’s rep is blue gold, so the story depicted above is not about him - for those who might be confused)

(Nail) #202

people with high rep give more points than people with low rep, afaik, the only thing post count does is show post count

(DarkangelUK) #203

I’m not convinced. Maawdawg is just below Shagileo, and he repped me today and I got 7 points but from Shagileo I get 10, Joe999 has very low rep and his gave me 10 points as well.

(Herandar) #204

To confirm, Nail & DAUK need to rep this post. We’ll see who gives more.

At 344 as of posting. I’ll need whoever does it second to wait until after I’ve compared the first score.

Not even close, DAUK. Rep is 372, so you dole out 28 per. (For science, dammit!)

Tok supplies 16 rep currently.

Just waiting for Nail to rep now. (Science!)

(DarkangelUK) #205

haha that’s one way of getting rep :wink: Though I suspect we’ll both give 10 as I think that’s the limit… i’ll give you it anyway… for science… you rep monster.

(tokamak) #206

I think it’s rep rather than post. Post count would be even worse.

(DarkangelUK) #207

See my previous reasoning. Joe999 has 1,758 posts and very little rep and gives 10 points, Maawdawg has 301 posts and a few rep levels higher than Joe and gives 7 points. Maaw and Shagileo are on the same rep level (so roughly same points) and Shag gives 10… he has 1,427 posts.

(Herandar) #208

DAUK - 2,923 posts - 7 stars Splendid One (600-650 total rep) - 28 rep.
Nail - 5,697 posts - 5 stars Glorious Beacon (450-500 total rep) - ?? rep.
Herandar - 1,245 posts - 5 stars Really Nice (409 total rep) - ?? rep.
badman - 1,003 posts - 4 stars Really Nice (388-399 total rep) - 11 rep**
Shagileo - 1,430 posts - 4 stars Jewel Rough (300-350 total rep) - 10 rep.*
Tokamak - 4,915 posts - 3 stars Spec Aura (200-250 total rep) - 16 rep.

• -Per DAUK. Not confirmed independently.
    ** -Derived from assumed Shagileo rep.

If post count has any effect on reputation amounts, it is fairly minor compared to the amount of reputation you have.

(tokamak) #209

Now that’s a useful post I would have rated if I could again :stuck_out_tongue:

(DarkangelUK) #210

That makes even less sense, tok has less rep than Shagileo and Maawdawg and gives 16 points?

(tokamak) #211

I think then it is determined by the amount of reputation you’ve handed out already. The more you give the more weight it gets.

(shagileo) #212

You guys are so overlooking one major element in this all … fertilizer, gents, it’s all about the fertilizer

In a way, I admire Herandar’s approach of harvesting a huge amount of rep in a single post.
You are my legend

On the other hand, maybe someone from SD staff could tell us what’s really going on
(although herandar’s logic + calculations amuse me :smiley: )

(DarkangelUK) #213

I’m surprised I’m giving out 28 points per shot, I thought it was 10 max. Anyway… you gave me 11 this time shagileo \o/

(shagileo) #214

OMG, DAUK, your rep blows are crushing :eek:

it’s like christmas all over
thanks ! :smiley:

(yey for +1 extra rep blow … my skillz are teh rizings)

EDIT:

I’m doing overtime:

(Herandar) #215

[QUOTE=shagileo;284903]In a way, I admire Herandar’s approach of harvesting a huge amount of rep in a single post.
You are my legend[/QUOTE]

For Shagileo’s eyes only.
[spoiler]It was a momentary spark of genius, my friend. I was just lucky to be in the right place to implement it and harvest. Heck, I even got rep from the ruling class. Looking into hydroponic reputation farming in the future.

If you’re not Shagileo and you are reading this, for shame, you reckless cads![/spoiler]
Science rules!

Anyway, I updated my chart to the best of my ability. The reason that badman’s current rep total is so much more precise is because he was above on the rep scale when I was at 388. And I think I fixed the total rep scales. I got confused about where the stars and descriptions change.

Nail, your specific contribution would greatly assist in this Fabulous and Historic Scientific Endeavor. The Reputation Discovery Adventure Quest of 2011!

EDIT: Well, my numbers maybe off given that the rep is free-flowing while I was hard at work in the laboratory. Nice, Shag! You hit the daily cap!

(Nail) #216

have to ask Shag, I just dropped a load on him

(tokamak) #217

Nail you make this sound like a circle jerk more than it already does.

(Nail) #218

I was sticking with my earlier fertilizer theme

(shagileo) #219

woooooh !

Grow my pretties, GROOOOW !

have to ask Shag, I just dropped a load on him

Nail you make this sound like a circle jerk more than it already does.

That’s just wrong :smiley:

Thanks Nail ! - your fertilizer is win as well !
I won’t tell Herandar, so he’ll be calculating some more :stroggtapir:

Spoiler for Herandar
[spoiler]yea,’ t was you the lucky one. But that’s the marketing part of the Rep business. You just have to play smart on this market.'t was a good move[/spoiler]

(DarkangelUK) #220

I’ve gotta be honest, at almost 30 points a pop, I need to choose wisely who gets my rep points! :smiley: I give them out as much as I can though (yes tok, i’ve even given to you…)