[RELEASE] Base from RTCW/W:ET

(3b0la) #1

Re-textured new atmosphere and re-upscaled => 10 272 * 7 968 (original map size = 6848*6200)

(Susefreak) #2

Nice, haven’t played it yet, but what I know from W:ET it’s a cool map.

(iwound) #3

Awesome 3b0la. will check it out today and give you some feedback.

*edit.

Looks solid enough, nice addition to the customs.

(pazur) #4

Super cool. Looking forward to see it on the custom map servers!

(Susefreak) #5

I’m encountering some flickers on that machine though. Everytime I just spawn there it flickers.

Also I get some serious FPS drops in the house where ETQW-limbo is showing on the telly.

(oxy) #6

Well, looks nice at first sight (just ran around a little bit), it’ll have to proove itself in real matches :slight_smile:

As it’s quite cumbersome to download the map and upload it again to the server (because you can’t download it directly e.g. via wget) you can use this http://files.awesome-dudes.de/etqw/autodl/custom/base/zmap_base_beta1.pk4 as a mirror.

(stealth6) #7

just an FYI but this map is also on TF2 :o
Look for cp_wolf

(Berzerkr) #8

Can’t download without an account. :frowning:

EDIT: Forget it, Oxy’s mirror works fine! :smiley:

(f34n0r) #9

cool map, I played RTCW and WET for 7-8 years so it was awesome.

some bugs:
med crates don’t come down

suggestions:
since GDF are defending, put up some buildable MG nests, especially were they are in the original version of this map, it would be cool.

consider adding a couple deployable spot or else GDF have monopoly on radar with 3rd eyes.

consider adding a hog and some huskies.

consider adding some drone vents and tunnels

awesome map

(.Chris.) #10

[QUOTE=TAW|Feanor;218748] put up some buildable MG nests

consider adding a couple deployable spot or else GDF have monopoly on radar with 3rd eyes.

consider adding a hog and some huskies.

consider adding some drone vents and tunnels
[/QUOTE]

Maybe

No

No

Yes

(iwound) #11

if a radar is needed then 1 for each team could be placed by mapper out of the way of damage say under the map.

im considering this for CA. Thoughts anyone.

(.Chris.) #12

Not needed.

(Susefreak) #13

If possible maybe enable it in a map script so that it can be chosen to have radars enabled or not.

There are several opportunities to get under the map.
To load the demo: put it in the /base/demos
then load the game and load base in objective. Then after engine reload you can play the demo.
http://bravehardt.com/TAW/Susefreak/Files/demo_00001.ndm

Also to be honest it’s a noisy map, with all the sound effects coming from a lot of objects.

(3b0la) #14

when I started to build the map I think it should be playable as an infantry based rules on etqwpro mod like in RTCW/W:ET

IMO the map is too small to use radars (radars have very long range) and vehicles excepted if you want to make the “strogg base siege”.

On defense the GDF need less then 10 seconds to go to the objectives and for the 1st one, a soldier with RL could clear the room from the spawn with one shoot and very easily.

Playing the map on promod server should solve the radar/3rd eye question.

I am working on vents and tunnels and not only for flyer drones.

Flickering textures fixed and some speakers removed.

Will have a look to the med crates deployment.

Thanks for suggestions/feedbacks.

(AnthonyDa) #15

+1 for no radar.

(f34n0r) #16

if you wouldn’t mind and it wouldn’t be too much trouble please I would request the option to have deployable radar. I understand if you don’t want to bother and we would fully respect that decision, we are very glad to support mappers any way we can.

also, what are your thoughts about the MG nests?

(AnthonyDa) #17

Nice “you are idiot” room. I took so many screenshot and made 2 quick movie of all the bads things of this map, cba posting them now but this one is well placed in the “poor copy/paste” category for now.

edit: Don’t be hurt by this post but plz test map 1st before going a public release.

(AnthonyDa) #18

Basically :
-Some really really bad texturing, it’s the same one applied to floor, wall and roof and over sized, fugly.
-Objective can’t be seen in hud, well there is waypoint objective ON but nothing under the clock. Also both obj should be mixed into a single once since you can plant on any of them at any time. You should take a look at comlink map, it has 2 bombs objectives enabled at the same time, and both are showed on HUD (under the clock).
-Jumpad and other things are ****ed (see video). Took me 2min to find a way to go under map, that’s the kind of stuff that shouldn’t appear in a public release, or at least to be #1 on your priority list.
-Spawnpoint are badly placed in limbo, this isn’t BRINK, i’d like to be able to select it :stuck_out_tongue: They are actually hidden between player model (at least for stroggy), maybe you can rotate/move the point on the command map ?
-Also it seems that you resized the map in XY but not in XZ because the door are really slow, i mean your head is almost touching the top of it while walking.
-Some fuc ked clipping & lighting, and so on.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5n5u3z

(Susefreak) #19

Nice easter egg with the you-are-an-idiot song. Just found it during a match xD

(3b0la) #20

@ Anthony da Dumbass
Va te faire enculer! Chris sort une map jouable puis balance une copie sous un autre nom avec 99% de référence à la première et tu jubiles juste parce que le mec est reconnu par la com de mapper. sort un cube avec 3 arbres et 2 caisses sans bug de script et peut être que je porterai crédit à tes remarques. En attendant comme je l’ai dit précédemment …

**** you! Chris released a playable map and balancing a copy under another name with 99% referring to the first and you JUBILEE just because the guy is recognized by other as as “good mapper” (fact that i do not desagree with). Release out a cube with 3 trees and 2 boxes of bug-free script and maybe I will carry your credit points. Meanwhile as I said earlier …