Registration open ETQW league 4v4 (tourney.cc)

(Rex) #101

I like them :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #102

No, ask apples, he has a statistic programm which can be used to make random groups, and this is not a joke!

(rUBBEN) #103

Ok new shuffle for the groups ! http://etqwleague.tourney.cc/groups/

(Snotling) #104

Way better, thx! :wink:

(CfYz) #105

rUBBEN
Should I re-make the groups by myself ?
Of course! Random site system may be insane, in bad mood, hangover etc. You should make all the random stuff manually.

New groups are way better than the first iteration, but again - you should make high seeds before randomly put other teams in groups. Aero vs 40% in one group isnā€™t a good way. 3 PL teams in one group, two low seeds US/RU in one groupā€¦ No no :slight_smile:

You have an ideal count of teams: 4US 4RU 4PL 5EU, plus assuming that high seeds are failwhale aero 40% #1 (canā€™t suggest four high seed to you - canā€™t choose, or just leave 3 high teamsā€¦) - make a manual random.

(rUBBEN) #106

Even if the 2 40% line-ups are awesome, celebrian brontoz and draelor are in 40% #2 and not #1, yeah yeah they are evil :smiley:

Andā€¦ andā€¦ what did you say about PL teams ??! ZUBR are my heroes !!!

Btw, sport doesnā€™t include politic, we all love each other, donā€™t we ? ;D

(CfYz) #107

rUBBEN
Here the right random link http://www.random.org/sequences/ High seeds is up to you - I was in dracula sleep last three years, so things might change.

P.S. BTW your goal as an organizer of a some competition not to make totally ā€œfairā€ random matches, you should make them interesting for both players and watchers. You can put all high seed team in one group tho, but all the interest will be for matches in this group only. And no matter who will advance - rest of a league will be no worth to follow/watch. And so onā€¦ I think you understand that :slight_smile:

P.P.S. Peace ofc :]

(rUBBEN) #108

wow in which group do you see all the ā€œhigh seedsā€ ? All the matchs canā€™t be interesting, thatā€™s competition, but when Iā€™m looking at the groups, I really see some matchs that are going to be interesting to see !

Anyway, the 2 first of each group will go to the playoffs, thatā€™s what the viewers expect I think, the goal of a group phase is exactly to select the best teams to make the tournament funny to see on the elimination phase (playoffs).

I speak quite a bad english and I think I misunderstood you somewhere because now Iā€™m really confused !

(Crytiqal) #109

CfYz said, that IF you WOULD place all high seeds in 1 group, all the interest for other groups will be close to none.

So it is good to shuffle the high seeds in different groups, but he is confident you already know this :wink:

(AfroSamuri) #110

group 4 is great, all 4 teams have a shot

(Khamul) #111

OK groups are nice, so stop writing about ā€œstupid groupā€ just train !

(rUBBEN) #112

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;388761]CfYz said, that IF you WOULD place all high seeds in 1 group, all the interest for other groups will be close to none.

So it is good to shuffle the high seeds in different groups, but he is confident you already know this ;)[/QUOTE]

alriiiiight thx :smiley:

(Ashog) #113

meh, boooringā€¦ biatch played the 2 of the 3 teams in group just recentlyā€¦

the original grouping with 3 PL teams in 1 was way more interestingā€¦

put me to subs plz :confused:

(rUBBEN) #114

Guyz, thatā€™s a competition, play and donā€™t cry thatā€™s all I can say to that.

(Ashog) #115

But you destroyed our dreams!

(.Chris.) #116

Not nice people telling you how to run your cup is it?

(Apples) #117

Arf, I personaly dont care bout groups, once they are made, just play them, I usually randomise a first batch then I rearrange arbitrary to have some balanced groups (avoid 3 top teams in one group for instance, or one top team vs 3 new teams).

I didnt see the first sample, who were our oppo shog? Fly, mafia and jp?

Lets roll!

(rUBBEN) #118

The servers will be setted around 12:00, and we can go !

(Brontoz) #119

I think i miss something, so when cup will start?

(.Chris.) #120

Sunday I think.