Regarding Windows 10

(Mister__Wiggles) #61

I never touched my config. It seems to be OK now but whenever I start the game up I get like 10 fps and some times it locks at 30 in game. Something to do with Windows 10?

(ghostBase) #62

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/15361/regarding-windows-10#latest

(Mister__Wiggles) #63

Thanks for that, wish I knew this before installing the update for Windows. Trust you guys to sort it out though.

(Ardez1) #64

It may be an issue with your video card. I would look into trying for the windows 10 drivers.

(Mister__Wiggles) #65

Just installed the patch and now I can’t get more than 10 fps…What the he’ll have you guys done!

(mrlong2) #66

I’ll make a guide showing how to run Windows 10 inside a VM, so you can see if your setup will make Dirtybomb run in windows 10 before you run into problems.

(Mister__Wiggles) #67

Every other game I’ve tried run no different than before though. I did have issue with drivers but I chose a clean install and it’s been fine since.

(Ghosthree3) #68

Don’t need to have manually edited it. Even the changes you did in the menu may have been reset, they were for me. Go check them or just choose Low and see if that helps.

EDIT:

Ok you seem to have solved it. Yeah always clean install.

(Mister__Wiggles) #69

My visual setting were never touch. Only thing I turned on was vsync. Haven’t had the problem again bit just closed the game and restarted it and the lag in the menu was still there. I’m thinking it’s that anti cheat (I forget the name of it).

(Ghosthree3) #70

The menu is laggy because it uses a different application - CoherentUI.exe - to run. It’s always been laggy and probably always will be because CoherentUI is a piece of shit. It seems it’s universal too because I googled it at some point and every other game that uses it gets lag too.

(Amerika) #71

I installed Win10 on my gaming machine last night and all went well. Every single program and game I run worked fine after the install. The only issue I had was a minor one where the graphics card wasn’t detected on the first boot but a reboot fixed that (apparently that’s super common). I did an upgrade from Win8.1.

Dirty Bomb ran as well and possibly better than when it was running under Win8.1 for me as there wasn’t even a random frame hitch in a couple hours of play.

Do not take this as an endorsement to update and run Win10 has Splash Damage hasn’t given the go ahead for compatibility since doing that kind of testing is pretty rough considering how many hardware configurations are out there. But in my particular case everything went about as smooth as I could have hoped.

(Ghosthree3) #72

Works fine for me as well. Actually going to stick the post I made in that thread here because this one is more likely to be read.

[quote=“Ghosthree3;57141”]This is a terribly inaccurate test. Running games in VMs has never been very successful in the past to begin with. Any problems experienced in a VM would not necessarily happen in a proper install.

I just can’t see the point of doing this.[/quote]

I hope you clean installed during/afterwards D: Then again if it’s working out for you guess it doesn’t matter.

(Mister__Wiggles) #73

Well that is probably the cause then, strange though because I’ve never encountered it before. Thanks for the info.

(mrlong2) #74

I made a guide showing how to Run windows 10, so you can Run dirtybomb in it and see.

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/15462/testing-your-dirtybomb-in-windows-10-with-a-virtual-machine?new=1

(It took ~30 min to make, it’d be nice if you could give me some upvotes :wink: )

(Witchy) #75

[quote=“AnimeZeroTV;56141”]My Analysis:

Windows 10 + My AMD Driver = Slight FPS Drop but working

Windows 10 + My Nvidia Driver = FPS is the same, however crashes randomly sometimes >_>

Windows 10 + My Intel HD Graphics = Works okay, but I don’t really use it that often or at all… So its a meh.

Conclusion: Why is AMD OP?[/quote]

I upgraded yesterday, no problems and I played comp all night. I have more fps too, however that might be me not paying attention to fps. However Razersynapse does need a reinstall my mouse was stuck on 1800dpi when I’m used to 8200 dpi, and Logitech said that there will no support for windows 10 till “they get around to it” and seeing how they never made official windows 8 drivers hope isit high. I will say this though. Windows 10 was worth the update its the finish and polish to windows 8 and I played fallout 3a win xp only game with no problems. Good luck mates.
I5 3470 4.2 ghz
amd 280x xfx, self overclocked
12gb 1866 ddr3 ram
Amd drivers for win 10 > NVidia drivers for win 10, NVidia is a big problem on my laptop.

(dukemaroon) #76

@MissMurder I’ve been testing Windows10 since December, and I have found no issues whatsoever with the game and how it functions. No CoherentUI problems, XIGNCODE problems, nothing. Just the usual occasional client crash :smile:

(Ardez1) #77

[quote=“Witchy;57199”][quote=“AnimeZeroTV;56141”]My Analysis:

Windows 10 + My Nvidia Driver = FPS is the same, however crashes randomly sometimes >_>

Windows 10 + My Intel HD Graphics = Works okay, but I don’t really use it that often or at all… So its a meh.

I upgraded yesterday, no problems and I played comp all night. I have more fps too, however that might be me not paying attention to fps. However Razersynapse does need a reinstall my mouse was stuck on 1800dpi when I’m used to 8200 dpi, and Logitech said that there will no support for windows 10 till “they get around to it” and seeing how they never made official windows 8 drivers hope isit high. I will say this though. Windows 10 was worth the update its the finish and polish to windows 8 and I played fallout 3a win xp only game with no problems.[/quote]

With Win10 it actually feels like my game runs smoother, but that might just be a placebo affect. Either way, I can tell for sure it feels better.

(Witchy) #78

[quote=“Ardez;57203”][quote=“Witchy;57199”][quote=“AnimeZeroTV;56141”]My Analysis:

I upgraded yesterday, no problems and I played comp all night. I have more fps too, however that might be me not paying attention to fps. However Razersynapse does need a reinstall my mouse was stuck on 1800dpi when I’m used to 8200 dpi, and Logitech said that there will no support for windows 10 till “they get around to it” and seeing how they never made official windows 8 drivers hope isit high. I will say this though. Windows 10 was worth the update its the finish and polish to windows 8 and I played fallout 3a win xp only game with no problems.[/quote]

With Win10 it actually feels like my game runs smoother, but that might just be a placebo affect. Either way, I can tell for sure it feels better.[/quote]

I quite agree, i’m actually having less problems with it than with windows 8.1. I’ve even switched over to Microsoft edge as my browser over chrome.
However I’ve seen amd processors and NVidia gpu’s have a lot of issues however the amd cpu problem seems to be localized within a series of fm2+ motherboards from msi. I’m trying to find a fix for atm.

(Ghosthree3) #79

Holy shit dude do you just not care if your mouse tracks properly? That is way past the safe zone for the sensor to accurately track. You must get so much skipping/jitter.

(RadicalMac) #80

Holy shit dude do you just not care if your mouse tracks properly? That is way past the safe zone for the sensor to accurately track. You must get so much skipping/jitter.[/quote]

lol he probably has his in-game sens. to .1