Regarding Windows 10

(MissMurder) #1

Hello all,

At this time, we recommend against installing Windows 10 as there may be unforeseen issues which could prevent you from playing Dirty Bomb.

We have already begun extensive compatibility testing and are working diligently with our development team to introduce an update for the game that works with Windows 10. However, as with any new major software update, it may not be fully supported for at least a few weeks. If you do choose to upgrade to Windows 10, please be aware that intermittent problems may occur, including Dirty Bomb ceasing to launch or function properly.

If you run into an issue with Windows 10, please submit a ticket at https://support-dirtybomb.nexon.net/hc/en-us and provide the following information under the Technical Support form selection:

• Date of the incident:
  • Error code:
  • Operating System:
  • Screenshot:

Also, we would recommend that you attach a dxdiag report to your Customer Support ticket, as that would provide more detailed information to help us diagnose the issue. However, please do NOT post your dxdiag report in the forums, only in your Customer Support ticket.

To create a dxdiag report

1. Click the Windows logo on your Task Bar.
  2. Type “dxdiag” (without quotes) within the text bar at the bottom, and hit “Enter” to open dxdiag.exe
  3. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file to your computer.
  4. Click the “Exit” button to quit.

We will provide updates as they come along, and thank you for your understanding.

(EisenKreutzer) #2

Thank you for this, I was going to install Windows 10 right away but because of this I’m going to wait a while. You just saved me a ton of headache!

(Vexed) #3

This looks awfully like one of those warnings you see on the back of medicine packets listing all the possible side effects up to and including death :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll take my chances. Worst case scenario is that I end up providing valuable error data, which is a good thing, right?

…Right?

(MissMurder) #4

Let us know how it goes @Vexed!

(RadicalMac) #5

lol there are going to be a LOT of games having problems with Windows 10, h e l l, games still have problems with Windows 8. The only reason I would ever get Windows 10 is if they make it more compatible towards PC games and actually allow access to XBL without actually having an Xbox One/360 actually on or in the building. (Though I am more of a PC gamer, I do have a lot of Xbox 360/Xbone games on my account that I don’t play since I hardly ever touch consoles anymore, and I’d love it if I could play them on PC without having to buy a PC copy.)

(RadicalMac) #6

(For some odd reason “h e l l” is a blocked word. No clue why.)

(Vexed) #7

AAAAAAAH I reach NCO and 3 minutes later I’m being called out by @MissMurder. It’s a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy!

But yeah, sure, I’ll come back when my OS has updated and I’ve got some playtime in to let everybody know if I get any issues. I certainly won’t be missing Win8 however it goes.

(XavienX) #8

INFORMATION FOR OTHERS:

The most important is that, WINDOWS 10 CAN HAVE A LOT OF BUGS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS AS WELL BESIDES JUST DIRTY BOMB, so you might as well wait a few weeks. Every time a new windows is released, there are a lot of bugs with it being incompatible with other programs.

(RadicalMac) #9

So what if I get the cough cough copy of Windows 10? Can I still check for bugs? :smiley:

(OneLetter) #10

Hey everyone - I’d like to keep this thread on-topic, since it concerns a potential issue that people will be looking for answers and sharing important data with us.

Due to that, I’ll be removing all the off-topic threads above this post.

Thanks.

(Anzu) #11

Hey – in case it helps anyone:

I’ve been running Windows 10 for a few weeks now with no issues on Dirty Bomb, or any of the games I play for that matter. The OS itself is a little buggy here and there, but nothing you wouldn’t expect from an early release.

Important Specs:
i7-3770k @ 3.50GHz
GeForce GTX 670

(BaconBringsHappiness) #12

Ok, just wanted to give my opinion in all this.

I have been running Windows 10 Insider Previews for about a month and a half now. I have had no problems running Dirty Bomb, or any other game for that matter. Therefore, I wouldn’t tell anyone not to download it if they want to update their OS. I have been able to run every game I have tried so far.

Specs:
i3-2120 @3.30 GHz
NVidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti

One thing with NVidia though, Windows 10 has been trying to get me to download a driver that has been known to cause problems. Don’t download it, and you can get rid of the update notification with a tool Microsoft released a few days ago. Download the official Windows 10 driver from NVidia’s website.

I made an account just to post this, Windows 10 has worked fine for me.

(XavienX) #13

[quote=“Vexed;56048”]This looks awfully like one of those warnings you see on the back of medicine packets listing all the possible side effects up to and including death :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll take my chances. Worst case scenario is that I end up providing valuable error data, which is a good thing, right?

…Right?[/quote]

GL bruh.

(sqpantz) #14

I’ve been rockin windows 10 for as long as I’ve played dirty bomb (120hrs)
There was a time when updating past build 101330 resulted in major FPS problems, so I would roll back to 10130.
Then AMD released new drivers for 10 and it was all good.

YMMV

4790K-HD6950

(piranha_3) #15

Thank you for the warning

(Harlot) #16

Been on Windows 10 for two months now. The game has crashed twice over those two months and I play daily. Other than that, I have had occasional periods where I could not tab back into Dirty Bomb, but that was resolved with the latest release.

Upgrade away, boys.

(kAndyREW) #17

holy shit am i glad that i decided to wait.

(RadicalMac) #18

Heck, you might have to wait a long time lol. Even Windows 8 has problems with PC games still so I wouldn’t be surprised if problems arise :smiley:

(Hipolipolopigus) #19

Windows 10 available for months as a free Technical Preview
Doesn’t use it to test

What. Technical previews aren’t just for Microsoft to get feedback on issues, they’re for developers as well.

(RadicalMac) #20

[quote=“Hipolipolopigus;56127”]>Windows 10 available for months as a free Technical Preview

Doesn’t use it to test

What. Technical previews aren’t just for Microsoft to get feedback on issues, they’re for developers as well. [/quote]

Maybe they’re still testing? Not exactly sure on that one.

(I also notice the 4chan > type :smiley: )