Regarding Windows 10

(Edzer) #41

Updated to windows 10 and not having any issues at all. Everything’s running perfectly.

(Ghosthree3) #42

I should add that I’ve been running the release RTM for the last week, not the beta. It’s solid - except for that driver update bug rheeeee.

(Dirmagnos) #43

Why would any1 even wannt Win10 is beyond me.
WinXP - excellent win. Win7 - more stable than XP, but more demanding as well. Win8 - less stable than Win7, less compatible, a lot more of unneeded visual crap and less customization options and comfort. Win10 - “improved” Win8, even more crap, even greater demands.
Most people that come to me with their computer problems actually prefer Win7 to be installed instead of Win8.
Most issues arise not from what Win(or OS in general) person is using, but how he is using it. Clean out 400k temp files and cookies accumulated over period of 3 years and suddenly “crappy” Win7 starts running like a speedster and 8/10 dont look as appealing any longer. 30 seconds of work(and 30 minutes of waiting till all that crap is deleted) and 100 euros saved.

(Ardez1) #44

[quote=“Dirmagnos;56475”]Why would any1 even wannt Win10 is beyond me.
WinXP - excellent win. Win7 - more stable than XP, but more demanding as well. Win8 - less stable than Win7, less compatible, a lot more of unneeded visual crap and less customization options and comfort. Win10 - “improved” Win8, even more crap, even greater demands.
Most people that come to me with their computer problems actually prefer Win7 to be installed instead of Win8.
Most issues arise not from what Win(or OS in general) person is using, but how he is using it. Clean out 400k temp files and cookies accumulated over period of 3 years and suddenly “crappy” Win7 starts running like a speedster and 8/10 dont look as appealing any longer. 30 seconds of work(and 30 minutes of waiting till all that crap is deleted) and 100 euros saved.[/quote]

@Dirmagnos

Please do not drag this thread off topic. The theme is ‘Does Dirty Bomb Work on Windows 10’, not anything else.

Thanks.

(WhyHumansCry) #45

[quote=“Ardez;56440”][quote=“WhyHumansCry;56419”][quote=“Ardez;56410”][quote=“WhyHumansCry;56406”]I updated to Windows 10.
And cant start dirty bomb :/[/quote]

Update your video drivers. Do any games start?[/quote]
yeahp counter strike start
[/quote]

Did you update your drivers? Are you getting any error messages? Have you tried reinstalling DB?[/quote]

Yhp, my drivers are update and no I dont get any error message, trying to reinstall now

(WhyHumansCry) #46

update:

Reinstalled Dirty bomb and still doesnt open

(misspo) #47

@WhyHumansCry
Hi, did you just updated or formated on w10? if i were you i would concider to format my computer. It will certainly fix the issue you have.

Personnaly i downloaded w10 on a usb key and will install it later. Because ATM there are no point to update as a gamer. DX12 is not use yet in any game and i don’t have xbox one for the streaming feature. The only escuse would be to do a fresh install but i already did few weeks ago.

For the little story, i updated to W8.1 because of BF4 issue and thanks god start8 helped me to get through that :slight_smile: I will use Start10 on W10 when i will found it on tor[][][]t

(WhyHumansCry) #48

[quote=“peridotLava;56590”]@WhyHumansCry
Hi, did you just updated or formated on w10? if i were you i would concider to format my computer. It will certainly fix the issue you have.

Personnaly i downloaded w10 on a usb key and will install it later. Because ATM there are no point to update as a gamer. DX12 is not use yet in any game and i don’t have xbox one for the streaming feature. The only escuse would be to do a fresh install but i already did
few weeks ago.

For the little story, i updated to W8.1 because of BF4 issue and thanks god start8 helped me to get through that :)[/quote]
I updated, it seems have some register errors because when I start the pc it have .dll erros i will try to fix it

(misspo) #49

@WhyHumansCry
I’m sorry but clean install is required :frowning:

But my biggest concern with W10 is i use an older NVIDIA driver to avoid fps drop caused by newest one. But this driver don’t support W10 (347.88). I know many others do the same and use older drivers. I really hope SD i going to publish an up to date support for drivers in general. It’s hard to get stuck with old driver and expecialy when a new OS come up.

(Ghosthree3) #50

This is why we clean install. This is how you do it post-install.

If you do a clean reinstall install drivers/updates and do nothing else and DB still won’t start then there’s a serious issue.

(WhyHumansCry) #51

If you do a clean reinstall install drivers/updates and do nothing else and DB still won’t start then there’s a serious issue.[/quote]

will try to do that

(Backuplight) #52

Downloaded and updated to Windows 10 today, everything worked perfectly. No snags, no hitches, everything runs fine in game.

(bumbertyr) #53

ill update within the next couple days, hopefully nothing gets messed up!

(Arlanzo) #54

Upgraded to Windows 10 last night and tested around 15 games. Some I play and some that were just installed already via Steam. The ONLY game I’m having trouble launching is Dragon Nest (Which makes me sad atm) but I’m still troubleshooting. Besides that my other games including Dirty Bomb run flawlessly. Just keep in mind, everyone has a different setup so there’s a possible chance anyone can run into some odd problem others don’t.

(Jan S.) #55

I was testing DB on my PC with Windows 10 installed, no issues so far :slight_smile:

(WhyHumansCry) #56

If you do a clean reinstall install drivers/updates and do nothing else and DB still won’t start then there’s a serious issue.[/quote]

will try to do that
[/quote]

update: did that and can run dirty bomb again :slight_smile:

thx.

(AirborneAsian) #57

Okay, so I played 5 battles from now, and it was AMAZING. No bugs, no issues, nothing. And I didn’t even clean install. Windows 10 also fixed a bug for me. It’s a bug that whenever I exit the game, it will crash and cannot close. I’m so happy that’s fixed now :smiley:. But make sure that when you get Windows 10, update your drivers.

(SuperMuD) #58

You know what? Im going to take one for the team and install Windows 10 in hopes of running into issues to report on and do my small part to get those compatibility issues taken care of. Windows 10 looks promising so it’d be great to have my new favorite FPS stable on this OS. I just built the woman in my life a gaming rig so I can always play on hers if it turns out upgrading renders Dirtybomb inert.

Wow I just sounded like a huge suck up/fanboy. Screw it, too lazy to edit post.

(Ghosthree3) #59

[quote=“WhyHumansCry;56948”]update: did that and can run dirty bomb again :slight_smile:

thx.
[/quote]
Good to hear, enjoy! I never trusted the upgrade option, now even less so. Clean slate is both safer and an excuse to spring clean.

(Ardez1) #60

Your config was most likely reset to defaults. I would suggest either finding a new config that doesn’t break the new minimums or manually changing your settings to lower.