Rad world cup

(Sandman77) #141

KSOS and I are on finally!!!

(Jerry-Rigs) #142

I know this is wordy but I want to make sure I present the situation correctly.

Has anybody in group 4 had any games with Manteen12 or Bayu013? I assume they have not.

I sent Bayu013 a FR and he accepted. I sent a challenge and chatted in game that he needed to send me a challenge as well. He sent his turn and said OK. I sent my turn and never heard back from him. When the match hit 2 days (nearly 3) I claimed a forfeit. I sent him a 14 point match just to get an in game chat to him to ask if he forfeits both games. There has been no response in over a day. I think it is reasonable to claim a 2nd forfeit. Advice?

I sent Manteen12 a FR on the first day. He has not responded. That’s been at least 2 days. There is no way I have to “prove” my story. Screen shots show nothing useful. I think it is reasonable to claim a double forfeit. Advice?

I assume that Manteen12 and Bayu013 are MIA and everybody else in group 4 benefits by getting 2 additional wins.

Paul: Advice?

(Paul) #143

I think I pretty much updated everything so it’s now up to date.

If I missed something, please report and let me know.

@Jerry, if people time out please make a screenshot and upload it, then fill in a win for yourself. I regularly check matches and if there are screenshots I force-accept them.

(Sandman77) #144

PAUL: Ksos99 has beaten me once so has this adhisyo guy, score sshpuld be 1-1 in both games… Please update, thanks mate!

(Jerry-Rigs) #145

[QUOTE=Paul;477121]
@Jerry, if people time out please make a screenshot and upload it, then fill in a win for yourself. I regularly check matches and if there are screenshots I force-accept them.[/QUOTE]

My stats are current and correct except for manteen12. How do I take a screen shot of a friend request that has not been responded to? Resolve that and I’m done in pool play.

It appears that Sumeer claimed a win against him (based on the math: Sumeer has 6 matches played with a 7 team pool)? Did the match take place or was a forfeit counted?

(Hundopercent) #146

So as I expected and still feel. 26p is no where near as balanced as 20p. I also don’t like how I randomly can’t push 2 soldiers with 1 squirt. It’s screwed me in two matches now. In one of the matches my opponent could double push vs me. =/ All well.

(Ciakgb) #147

Tinker says its a matter of chance. If you haven’t, you simply MUST see his disco video montage, he has a double push against me that had another involved, yes a legitimate triple push (legitimate lest you start posting means it was actually helpful gamewise).

It’s in one of his threads, you have to search a little but “Disco Video Montage” should be required watching for any true Rad Soldier player. In fact, you should share it with friends and family so they know what you do all night:)

(Ciakgb) #148

I’m terrible at cross posting, let me see if this link works, if not, Tinker you should set that one aside and let everyone see it in its own thread.

Rad Soldiers Video Montage

see its just the text. could someone under 46 make this work for me? the link is in “My uploaded games”

(Ciakgb) #149

OK my feeble old brain figured it out…EVERYONE go to:

share widely.

(Hundopercent) #150

Exactly my point.

(tinker) #151

sry actually it is not totally by luck- still searching for an appropiate pattern though

and sorry but 26 pt is as much balanced as 20 and 14 pt.
It’s just hard to get in.
again, there are some toons that fit better, some that do not.

(Sandman77) #152

Paul You Need to update Scores in Group 2…

I think its no skill in beating someone if you have a superior advantage… I agree 20p is more balanced and still feel it should be disallowed to use a toon more than once. I love my Daves but i kickbutt against Low skilled Players its no skill its fact, more power more damage…

(Mitsid) #153

[QUOTE=strychzilla;477589]So as I expected and still feel. 26p is no where near as balanced as 20p. I also don’t like how I randomly can’t push 2 soldiers with 1 squirt. It’s screwed me in two matches now. In one of the matches my opponent could double push vs me. =/ All well.[/QUOTE] I see, you met SuperNge :slight_smile: Well then it is not the matter of gus or the 26p. balance. Believe me he is just too good :slight_smile:

(Hundopercent) #154

He’s good but I find it difficult to determine skill in 26p. Weapons no longer matter. It’s more about how many damaging abilities you can stack. That removes positioning and strategy for me because I have to sit so far back to avoid Dave it’s not even funny.

I didn’t try in our second game because he went first on market with a team of skinny’s which is pretty close to an auto loss since the entire site is locked down by turn 2. Giving you 2 - 3 turns to try and break in without getting destroyed from 4 different angles.

20p you have to choose between sniper or no sniper. Orbital Strike or no orbital strike. It balances itself. 26p it’s 2 sniper, stack abilities, and run Orbital Strike + Arty (more damaging abilities.)

I guess to be even more honest I don’t really care for the game anymore I only joined up since so many asked. The game isn’t even about capping the sites it’s about TDM because initiating the cap first will more often than not net you a loss. I’m too critical and have very strict morals about what is skill and not skill. Take no offense SuperNge, with or without your build you would be formidable. The best though? I don’t know. I would say there is a reason you didn’t play 20p.

Edit: In addition to all of that, the soldiers are poorly balanced. You will see the same setup in almost every game. Either Dave, Kate, Snipers or Gus/Snipers (maybe even a Dave here like me) and by snipers I just mean Juan/Hack. So you will either see all skinny or all fatty but never a medium or an adequate mix. Hopefully someone proves me wrong but I don’t see any mediums being in the brackets because they are terrible and skinny’s (primarily Dave and Kate) are pretty much OP with their abilities. Just my 2c. Sorry if it comes off as whiny, not sure how else to bring it up.

(Domm) #155

It sucks, dice rolling…

About 2 3 4 or 5 toons of same kind, I love it and hate it…
But as for now its same for all. But It would be nice to join a cup with limited toon options. That would make it more tactical and more different ( i guess).

It will all be solved in 1 year when we are going on worldwide broadcast with the world cup, there are +10 different classes/game-plays and the prize sum is 10000000000000 ::::))))) (lol)

(Jerry-Rigs) #156

[QUOTE=Sandman77;477695]
I think its no skill in beating someone if you have a superior advantage… [/QUOTE]

Skill is a superior advantage. That’s the point. You have learned lessons and gained skills with a particular squad. I suspect that a lower skilled player with the same squad would not do as well. What is your win rate with that squad against other players of note: Mit, Ranger, El-Co, StrykeZ, others? (no insults intended not all players of note are listed).

If they are trying, a skilled player will make use of every advantage that they have including the “unfair” ones (of course, by definition, every advantage is “unfair”.)

(Hundopercent) #157

[QUOTE=Jerry-Rigs;477739]Skill is a superior advantage. That’s the point. You have learned lessons and gained skills with a particular squad. I suspect that a lower skilled player with the same squad would not do as well. What is your win rate with that squad against other players of note: Mit, Ranger, El-Co, StrykeZ, others? (no insults intended not all players of note are listed).

If they are trying, a skilled player will make use of every advantage that they have including the “unfair” ones (of course, by definition, every advantage is “unfair”.)[/QUOTE]

If they are a competitive player they will use any advantage. Skilled players dont always abuse every angle to win. :slight_smile:

(Ciakgb) #158

The only part I agree with is that medium toons are not a dying breed, they are completely dead. Ok, fine, once in a blue moon I’ll have fun with a Sneaky Pete. But all the gunny ones are hopeless, shotguners even worse.

I did at moments facing tinker’s gus squad feel like there was simply no way to cover all the things he could do with push. Imagine what it was like when gus had 5 squirts! I would say that nerf just made people bring more gus’

I’ve been working on my own gus squad, so I’m being totally hipocritical here.

How about this: GUS moves down to a medium, hippy moves up to a medium, I don’t know they are slavishly married to there little scheme of movement/hps/squad costs ratios, even though weapon choice is really the only squad point factor and so Hit points are invisible in cost–so everyone goes heavy or light.

It would be really nice to get some more intricacies, although I see a variety of squads still playing random games.

I’m not in favor of squad limits on the MAIN tourney, love little side ones though…think cup should be most like how the game is played everyday on the servers.

(Jerry-Rigs) #159

What’s the difference between use and abuse?

I think we are splitting hairs.

More skilled players don’t always need to (ab)use every angle to win against less skilled players. They typically have a lot of other angles, weapons, tactics (AKA: skills) at their disposal. It is probably impossible for the more skilled player to (ab)use all the resources at their disposal.

Competitive == trying to win

If you are losing a T&H to a lone full strength heavy on PharmaKarma, are you going to hesitate using a grenade to move him out of cover and into range of an unanticipated O-Strike, squirting 2 wounded Juans into position for 5 long range weird oblique fryer shots, and finishing with a toxic bomb splash (that also kills your Capt) because Kate couldn’t manage the direct shot? Or do you take the loss because you determine that those types of attacks are OP and using them would be dishonorable? Does it make a difference if you are facing a lone heavily wounded skinny with a full strength squad?

I’m not trying to make a dig. I am trying to understand the concepts people are putting forth by testing them.

(tinker) #160

[QUOTE=strychzilla;477730]He’s good but I find it difficult to determine skill in 26p. Weapons no longer matter. It’s more about how many damaging abilities you can stack. That removes positioning and strategy for me because I have to sit so far back to avoid Dave it’s not even funny.

I didn’t try in our second game because he went first on market with a team of skinny’s which is pretty close to an auto loss since the entire site is locked down by turn 2. Giving you 2 - 3 turns to try and break in without getting destroyed from 4 different angles.

20p you have to choose between sniper or no sniper. Orbital Strike or no orbital strike. It balances itself. 26p it’s 2 sniper, stack abilities, and run Orbital Strike + Arty (more damaging abilities.)

I guess to be even more honest I don’t really care for the game anymore I only joined up since so many asked. The game isn’t even about capping the sites it’s about TDM because initiating the cap first will more often than not net you a loss. I’m too critical and have very strict morals about what is skill and not skill. Take no offense SuperNge, with or without your build you would be formidable. The best though? I don’t know. I would say there is a reason you didn’t play 20p.

Edit: In addition to all of that, the soldiers are poorly balanced. You will see the same setup in almost every game. Either Dave, Kate, Snipers or Gus/Snipers (maybe even a Dave here like me) and by snipers I just mean Juan/Hack. So you will either see all skinny or all fatty but never a medium or an adequate mix. Hopefully someone proves me wrong but I don’t see any mediums being in the brackets because they are terrible and skinny’s (primarily Dave and Kate) are pretty much OP with their abilities. Just my 2c. Sorry if it comes off as whiny, not sure how else to bring it up.[/QUOTE]

sorry dude. but what your saying is insane.
“weapons no longer matter” yes they do. any kind of sniper needs a good weapon.

“It’s more about how many damaging abilities you can stack.” wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG
again. sniper don’t use their abilities often. dave does. 5x dave might have it’s advantages but watch my games against that team (on my “my uploaded Games” list ) . I killed the first in round 2. the second in round 3 … in the one game 3 in round 5 or so …

“with a team of skinny’s which is pretty close to an auto loss” why don’t you also pick a team full of skinny’s ? or just ANYTHING. you don’t lose to a player just because he goes first with skinnys. 200hp is easy to get down.

sure, you have less opportunities on 20pt. but even less on 14pt. lets all play 14 pt ! !!
orbital strike does damage, sure. But the range you need is ridiculous. I didn’t use it at all.

"I’m too critical and have very strict morals about what is skill and not skill. "
“. The game isn’t even about capping the sites it’s about TDM because initiating the cap first will more often than not net you a loss.”
sry dude but nonsense. a skilled player will win >70% of the time, no matter wether he starts or not.

what you do here is talking bad about every advantage one can take, and insult people who in fact use these things.

"I’m too critical and have very strict morals about what is skill and not skill. "
tell me. how does skill manifest in a game like chess. is it ANYTHING more than being able to see, calculate, use advantages and win a game?

“In addition to all of that, the soldiers are poorly balanced. You will see the same setup in almost every game. Either Dave, Kate, Snipers or Gus/Snipers (maybe even a Dave here like me) and by snipers I just mean Juan/Hack.”
People don’t try new setups and don’t find new setups. It’s sad but gives you the opportunity to surprise by any new setup.
by the way
what is a more SKILLBASED match than a Mirror-Match (same squad on both sides)

"So you will either see all skinny or all fatty but never a medium or an adequate mix. "
MAYBE because you pick soldiers that fit your squad.
you are either fast or slow, weapon damage or ability damage, defensive or offensive.
“an adequate mix” is most of the time killing your strategy— a Dave in a medium/heavy slow defensive weapon damage team is just not neccessary and will most of the time have 5-8 unused energy per turn till he dies.

“skinny’s (primarily Dave and Kate) are pretty much OP with their abilities.”
ofc skinny’s have strong abilities. Dave’s grenade does the highest amount of damage/energy. but you will ALWAYS* need more than 1 dave grenade to kill something.
A Juan, carlito, ivan, dee, … even suds Can kill an enemy SOLO without the need of any kind of support.
*Unless the enemy(standing in front of a wall) doesn’t move while you stand with something like Hamjack exactly in front of him… )

There is NO single game that needs 0 skill to be mastered. Rad Soldiers seems to be the first one I ever play that comes close to 0 and I played A LOT of different games. you can undo every turn before sending, you can pretty much calculate every step of the enemy…

this is not ment to be offensive I just don’t like if people start nagging about every little bit in a game.