Rad world cup

(Hundopercent) #41

[QUOTE=Paul;475338]We’ll only play 1 single map at the group stage and you can play against all opponents at the same time. This should hopefully save some time and make sure it’ll run okay.

So you’re people saying we should just go for Favela and Old Town as well if we’re going to do it this way?[/QUOTE]

What they’re saying is it doesn’t matter what maps you pick if people are playing the map twice (going first and second)
If only matters if you are playing a map once, in that case, keep Favella out since whoever goes first has an extremely high chance of winning.

Old Town is a stalemate whether you go first or second it doesn’t matter. Whoever chooses to try and cap middle first will lose.

I know Lapa and Construction are paid maps but is their any reason people are against it? It’s like 3$ and both of those maps are better than Favella and Old Town. Also, since they’ve never been in a cup before it’ll be fresh with new strats.

(Ciakgb) #42

We played Construction and Lapa in the Underground Tourney. It is a bit of a pain with players that don’t have it, you either have to reassign the map or if one player has it, he/she can pass a turn. It is unwieldy for the first round like this. Second round though, maybe take a poll and include the maps most everyone has?

(Domm) #43

This is a really good function! (I think)

Lets aim for RAD to be on Dreamhack 2014… :wink:

(Hundopercent) #44

Im for it. Only 3$. :slight_smile:

(SuperNge) #45

[QUOTE=Ciakgb;475352]Two sets of rules for the two stages makes sense, especially if you spread out the top players enough.

24 hour move limit worked well for us, consider it for first round. If the icon reads “one day”, you screenshot for victory.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don’t use this pls. I must fly to Malaysia on 11th October. Im not sure with that day, very busy.
But Up to your guy decide, i will follow:(

(Mitsid) #46

I also do not support this 24 hour proposal. I think this rule is too strict for us. There are different life situations…

(SuperNge) #47

Im very interesting with nearly 60 player, many strong player there.:smiley: and some is out forums, we still dont know:eek:
Ps: Mitsid youll also happy with this

(Mitsid) #48

SuperNge I will be happy when I will learn that we are in different groups in the first round :slight_smile: Paul, please seed SuperNge! He is the strongest forum player!!!

(Domm) #49

The thing with a time limit is that there has been some tourneys going on, and initial many of them took ages to complete.
Of course, some times there is irl in the way, thats life.
But if we can keep a good pace in tourneys we can have them more often and then we (the players) can join when we feel the time is right.
I guess…

1 tourney every month or so, should be possible… :slight_smile:

(Domm) #50

Paul, is there any way of keeping the recorded points on trackbase.net ?

(JoNny) #51

I think it’s a good idea to set a time limit for turns, however I think that 1 day is too less, but we will see how many hours a player is taking maximally so we will implement a good time restriction for the next cup.

Greetings, JoNny

(Ciakgb) #52

OK, but no one complain if this takes forever…nothing has really changed at all except were playing longer games with three times as many people.

Its a little like watching a train wreck in slow motion, but I’ll ask one more time…who moves first?

(JoNny) #53

[QUOTE=Ciakgb;475643]OK, but no one complain if this takes forever…nothing has really changed at all except were playing longer games with three times as many people.

Its a little like watching a train wreck in slow motion, but I’ll ask one more time…who moves first?[/QUOTE]

Well, what I wrote doesn’t mean we’re not going to wait until everyone has made his turn by himself, if we think it tooks too long (in relation to other players), we will make sure to give the opposite a point for that round.

About “who moves first”
If you mean about who will start a match - the one who is written first (home) will send a request to the guest (2nd name)
If you want to know who is actually going to play the first match at all - I dont know, actually Paul needs to “start” the Cup and release all the match details, until then we need to wait .

Greetings, JoNny

(Ciakgb) #54

Wait and see rules never work. Three days a move appears to be ok to you guys, which is fine as long as you realize: a basic ten move game would take a month. Multiply that by all the players and newbies to boot, does anyone seriously think we’ll see a final this year?

(Ciakgb) #55

PS, JoNny it matter who goes first in this game. Anyone who disagrees is free to skip there first turn and try there luck. It caused huge fights last time and does not appear to be fixed yet.

(tinker) #56

sorry but no.
every advanced player has nearly the same chances, no matter if he starts first or second.
I think my tourney games (can’t relate to something else on youtube) actually show this… or just - you know - nothing
vs armedmanus , I lost the game I started first, won the one I started 2nd, this on both maps (in total 4 games, 2 won 2 lost)
the other games made a differnece ±1/4 HP%, but not in any pattern.

there might be games were you have any kind of advantage when you start first, but most players don’t use it, because they simply can’t. - it’s too risky, dangerous or useless
on city center(for example), you might run with lightweight and take&hold the first turn, but be careful, one of my snipers could simply kick her out and your -1 after your first turn.
most players think they are safe in the first turn, my games show it’s not the case, I got like 4 first blood in turn 1 when I started 2nd.
now, don’t say only noobs do that, I did NOT play against any noob in the tourney.

If you keep holding on to “first player has an advantage” I state that lvl 40 has advantage over lvl <40 ; casual players have disadvantage over forum-players; snipers are stronger than everything… and so on

it is impossible to make every match in this tourney “even”, but it’s a tournament after all. you can try to make it even but making more and more rules will somehow extend everything or make it even more unfair.
sometimes a new players might just come to grand finals by skipping and having luck, sometimes an advanced player will lose the first game vs a new player in the knock-out stage.
it’s rad soldiers, I play the game BECAUSE it is even, like Chess. you dont need to learn to get reflexes, everything you need to learn is planing, trying and knowing the maps…

(Ciakgb) #57

I restate the argument that convinced me, Tinker, how many people do you see not moving the first turn?

The last Cup, which you weren’t in, it was a scramble to challenge first, kind of unseemly and benefited the night owl. I think if the stats were known (which of course, they aren’t for this game like replays:)) first move would have an edge.

Take the meagans–if I go first, I can mine all the approaches. If I got second, how can I ever get ahead of your troops to lay meaningful mine?

All I’ve argued for is to balance it so everyone gets the same number of first moves over the course of the tourney, there are a lot of ways to do that…why not?

(Hundopercent) #58

It’s doesn’t matter who goes first, unless Favella. It’s all about who tries to move forward first. As long as you sit back and rotate your snipers 1 space until the opponent commits you’ll do fine.

(Ciakgb) #59

Great, so I get to go first every match:)

(SuperNge) #60

Dont say that! We still dont know yet. Many strong player i’ve never meet in forums.
Lets start with this Cup:D i only fear if it take 3 month:eek: