Rad world cup

(Sandman77) #201

Tinker I dream of beating you… :slight_smile:

(tinker) #202

thinking of 2 things right now

1. but well … :stuck_out_tongue:

(Paul) #203

[QUOTE=Ciakgb;478246]Yeah as I said from last time, I think trackbase is really a crap program. I can NEVER get it to work right

Maybe a “result thread” here?[/QUOTE]

You keep saying everything I organize and create is crap, but I haven’t seen you giving any constructive feedback on it. What part of it is crap and why is that part crap? What should be done to improve it? If you’re saying some things are not good please tell how to do better. It’s simply not possible with this amount of people to just run on a forum thread, it’ll be complete chaos.

@Rest: I"ve updated all the things you pointed out. In most groups just 1-2 matches still need to be played to get a group winner and a second place in the group. As soon as the 1st/2nd place is clear in all the groups we’ll continue.

(Paul) #204

Overview
Group1: Done
Group2: Done
Group3: Done
Group4: Roniachu - ed_lcl to determine the winners
Group5: Domm, Poopok and DiabloKrish need to finish their matches to determine the winners
Group6: Chillin2008, Arzhgorasp and josen… need to finish their matches to determine the winners
Group7: Done
Group8: Need an update on this, anyone knows more?

(Ciakgb) #205

Things are going great Paul, really nice tourney.

If u heard frustration my post, its because I had the same problem with trackbase last tourney and i raised it with you before the tourney started.

You assured us changes had been made to trackbase and now it would be grand. It still sucks.

Didn’t say you had use the forums (1 thread per group, much like the ones people made themselves anyway), just either fix it or use another program.

(Sandman77) #206

Paul if Group 2 is Done why doesnt it List here 6 played Matches by all?

(Ciakgb) #207

And Paul, if the bottom goups are giving you trouble, its because you loaded them up with noobs and didn’t spread around the good players. Sandman, Yogi, myself, KSOSS, all strong 40 level players in group 2 for example.

I still can’t really tell from your last post on trackbase who is moving on!!! Its totally vague–do you mean what you said which is after the next round we’ll take the top two in each group or at the end of THIS round which would make more sense.

I’m sure you got a rush of entries after Splash sent out their (one) blast, probably got a little lazy and just threw them all in a couple groups at the end.

Its a shame cause some really good players won’t move on, while some total noob who happened to be the only guy who logged in from his group will.

Overall I’m pleased, but if you can’t take criticism, don’t run a tourney…you say I don’t give constructive criticism, but that’s all I’ve been trying to do all along is help you out a little. No offense, but you are a very very stuborn person:)

(Ciakgb) #208

Oh and if you want a solution (constructive, see) to the ceeding debacle, scrap the groups and aggrigate all the scores. If its 16 you want for next round still, take the top 16 by total wins/loss record.

(Paul) #209

[QUOTE=Ciakgb;478396]Things are going great Paul, really nice tourney.
You assured us changes had been made to trackbase and now it would be grand. It still sucks.
[/QUOTE]

You still haven’t given any specifics besides the fact that it sucks. Why does it suck? What things are unclear exactly? Generalizing the hole thing isn’t going to help getting it better. It’s like “Game <insert game name> sucks like hell!, Why? It just sucks like hell? Yeah but why then, what’s not good about it? It just sucks like hell!”

Because even though not all matches are played it it’s already certain that the top 2 players cannot be beaten anymore.

The following people had a seed: tinker, Ciakgb, SuperNGE, Jerry-Rigs, Domm,WiniWini, Armedmanus,Ranges007,Mitsid, Sandman77,strychzilla,Crozzton. Pretty much all the guys that were in on the last tourney. For the newcomers, I couldn’t make seeds as we didn’t have any data on them.

I agree, this should have been more clear, top 2 of each group goes through, in total there will be 16 people in the double elimination.

Nope, seeds were made after the last subscription. I’m running this tournament which costs a lot of time and effort so don’t call me ‘lazy’.

You cannot foresee this before hand, I checked it out and the groups seemed fair. Next time we’ll just redo it and get other seeds based on the performance of players this time.

I can take criticism, as you can see I’m even spending time replying on your non constructive posts. What you don’t seem to understand is that some things cannot just change from one day to another and that things need to develop as time passes. In my opinion this tournament already runs way better than the last time, and yes, of course, there are still many things to improve.

(Ciakgb) #210

Alright buddy, thanks at least for responding. Just to keep it quick and lite:

1. I’m sorry I had stated my specific probs w. trackbase so many times, I didn’t repeat them. They are: too often you can’t enter in the score, you can never tell if the score is in cause it doesn’t show unless the other guy posts, you get all these 1-0 results that should be 2-0, the screenshot system is awkward and fussy. The tallys are never right because the input system is so balky. So what help is it really?

2. Specific helpful suggestion repeated: Next time appoint a group leader to collect the scores and give them to you all at once when his/her group is over. Voila! No crowded thread, no wierd trackbase (someone write and say they love trackbase, please), no massive workload for you.

3. Yes I know its a lot of work to run one of these, which is why I thought you might get overwealmed with the overly complex system you swear is the only one ever used in the history of gaming (not).

finally I’ve been very complimentary this tourney about the improvements. I have faith we can work a good long term stable platform for this in the future.

best,

c

(Ciakgb) #211

And just cause I can never leave anything alone, these are improvements in this tourney that are a direct result of my suggestions (supposedly not constructive):

1. Balanced first move system in place.
  2. Map issues resolved.
  3. Splash advertised the tourney
  4. Some replays are being generated for view on YouTube–thank you, Tinker.
  5. 26 points.
  6. Tie rules decided.

I’m sure there are more, but you get the idea:)

(tinker) #212

Could you stop plz Ciakgb.

the mess in this tournament is not caused by unspecific rules or Paul’s ( NOT EXISITING ) incompetence
it is caused by strychzilla, me and the rest of the bunch talking about the 26pt format in THIS thread
it is caused by you ****ing Paul totally up in HIS thread in HIS tournament. If I was the judge you had exactly 2 chances to make clear what you want and everything that is beyond any help would lead to a ban from the tournament - but I’m not the judge - . you somehow managed to have >5 chances. Although I -in your place - would not go on like that
it is caused by players that are not active in the forum. but to be honest it is unfair to ONLY let forum-players keep going to round 2 … peopel are new to the game, to trackbase, to the forum. they just need time.

I try to stop myself now from posting irrelevant stuff on this thread but some posts make me damn angry.
sorry if I insulted someone here - but some people post content that is damn inappropiate

(Mitsid) #213

In my opinion the Seed system worked perfectly in this Cup group stage. As for the situation in the Ciakgb group, there were 2 seeded players - Ciakgb and Sandman. But unfortunetly the seeded Sandman was defeated by the unseeded Yogi. I am very sorry for Sandman but I dont understand what could Paul do about that? In our group we also had some good 40lvl nonforum players, so everyone was in the same situation. In my opinion the Cup is organized on a very high level this time. Thank you very much Paul and keep doing the great job:)

(Sandman77) #214

I recall me criticizing the seeding from day one, I think I wont take that back. :slight_smile:
I lost 4 games which is fine, I really doubt Yogi is better then me but he won and so he gets to move on, those are the rules and its fine.

I do think this thread is about the cup, I dont recall it being reserved for non critic posts only. Paul has to take the heat, hes the one in charge and hes doing fine.

I could of course post a tons of critic as well here but I see no point, its all been written before. Besides more cups coming, more ways of winning…

(Hundopercent) #215

Here is a suggestion that should make everyone happy. When you host the next cup, invite the known players straight to the bracket stage. Host a qualifier (group stage) for the unseeded players. The best 1 from each group moves on to the bracket stage. Make sure that the total number of players will work in a bracket setup.

In my group MadChink didn’t seem to bad at all and probably should have advanced if he didn’t have such a tough group. No way of you knowing that Paul so don’t beat yourself up.

Edit: Before you say it’s unfair keep in mind, there are plenty of tournaments that have invites for top notch players/teams.

(Ciakgb) #216

In groups 6,7,&8, I’ve heard of two players–Aremedamus & Ranger. No offence to the other players, I’m sure you are all great, but as far as I know none of you have been on the forum or played in a tourney before.

So how exactly did this ceeding work?

And I’m sorry I piss everyone off. This is why I argue so vocifericley BEFORE tourneys, because damn it, rules matter. Games like this attract people who think mathematically.

(Paul) #217

That’s already something way better where I can actually do something with. I’ll make sure the upload form gets more clear.
About the scores: the problem is that many people already enter the score after only 1 match, if the other person then accepts already before the real score is entered we get these problems. Not sure how to fix this atm, but it should be more clear anyway.

(Paul) #218

Overview
Group1: Done
Group2: Done
Group3: Done
Group4: Roniachu - ed_lcl to determine the winners
Group5: Domm, Poopok and DiabloKrish need to finish their matches to determine the winners
Group6: Arzhgorasp and josen… need to finish their matches to determine the winners
Group7: Done
Group8: Done

(Mitsid) #219

[QUOTE=Ciakgb;478494]In groups 6,7,&8, I’ve heard of two players–Aremedamus & Ranger. No offence to the other players, I’m sure you are all great, but as far as I know none of you have been on the forum or played in a tourney before.

So how exactly did this ceeding work?

And I’m sorry I piss everyone off. This is why I argue so vocifericley BEFORE tourneys, because damn it, rules matter. Games like this attract people who think mathematically.[/QUOTE]Just note that Ranger is sharing the 1st place in his group with Igor-rus (too bad you dont know him the guy is pretty strong) and Armedmanus is sharing the 1st place with drjs. That proves that all the groups were balanced and there were strong nonforum players in all the groups, not just yours.

(tinker) #220

true story

in our group
art58 is not bad.

and if 59make did’t have dissappeared he would prolly also be 3rd or 4th place. he had quite a setup and seemed to know how to play.
I killed his juan in round 2 but he didn’t answer after that anymore… the games would not have been that easy.