Question to those who have played the korean Quakewars Online.

(signofzeta) #1

Is the game supposed to be free, like Enemy Territory?

Does the game have 6 maps like Enemy Territory?

Hmm, ET has Oasis, Battery, Goldrush, Radar, Railgun, and Fueldump.

According to here,

http://www.quakewars.co.kr/Guide/Feature/GuideMapVolcano.aspx

QWO has volcano, ark, refinery, salvage, quarry, and sewer.

Does QWO have a 3 map campaign structure like ET and ETQW?

So is QWO in a sense like Wolf ET, in that they are both free and contain both maps? If not, how much is QWO supposed to be cost?

Well they kind of miss out on the north american campaign maps, slipgate, island, and canyon. It also seems that from the maps they have, they have more strogg attack maps than GDF attack maps, a reversal in comparison to the ratio of Strogg and GDF attack maps in ETQW.

(Seanza) #2

It’s free to all Korean nationals, but you are able to buy points to allow you to upgrade your character etc (I can’t read the Korean, so I don’t know what things are purchasable)

The maps were Refinery, Ark, Salvage, Sewer, Quarry. Volcano has just been added in an update.

QWO does not have a campaign as such. The game is P2P, the server host will select the maps. There are different game modes, TDM, Objective, and Stopwatch.

I answered your last question with my first answer, because you asked TWICE! :stuck_out_tongue:

(signofzeta) #3

do you think they are going to add the remaining 6 maps?

(Seanza) #4

I have no idea. Like you, I can’t read Korean :stuck_out_tongue: Volcano was part of a 4-part update. The other 3 parts I’m unsure of, but I’ve updated my client anyway. Judging by the pictures, it looks like there have been some changes to an objective on some map (unsure which map, looked like inside on Refinery, possibly a change in route), there have been some changes to the in-game menu, and some other unknown update (which I have no clue about) could be something to do with the purchasable XP.

(tokamak) #5

W:ET Live… we can all dream.

(matsy) #6

Keep on dreaming because it aint going to be coming!

(signofzeta) #7

more like W:ET on xbox live, where we still have to pay for gold subscription just to play online. Something microsoft is known for, paying for free stuff, and something microsoft isn’t known for, knowing what free means.

What do you think is better in QWO in comparison to ETQW other than the fact that it is free?

(Seanza) #8

[QUOTE=signofzeta;241065]more like W:ET on xbox live, where we still have to pay for gold subscription just to play online. Something microsoft is known for, paying for free stuff, and something microsoft isn’t known for, knowing what free means.

What do you think is better in QWO in comparison to ETQW other than the fact that it is free?[/QUOTE]

The crazy music that plays for last objective.

There’s actually nothing that’s “better” tbh. I do prefer Salvage’s last objective layout.

Btw, with that update that included Volcano, the whole in-game menu changed and I have NO IDEA where to navigate now. I have to re-learn it all :frowning:

(INF3RN0) #9

[QUOTE=signofzeta;241065]
What do you think is better in QWO in comparison to ETQW other than the fact that it is free?[/QUOTE]

Much better reg, even with Korean hosts. The game is a bit cheesey in my opinion, but it also includes some interesting concepts. Each objective is played in a fixed amount of time. If an objective cannot be completed during this time, the defending team scores 1 point and then it moves on to the 2nd objective where the same thing takes place. This way even a full hold results in seeing every objective on the map, the attacking team just never actually completes it. My favorite part is when there is 1 minute left on the clock for an objective, this hilarious rock music starts playing and a voice says “SUDDDDDDEN DEATH!”. During this time you only have one life, when you die you won’t respawn. Also seems that many of the players have used the item shop. Yes you can add stuff to your character and their weapons like attachments, armor, hats, bearskin thongs, etc. Weapons seem to have little to no recoil and very tight spreads or they just do 2x the normal damage. I played around with the rail/sniper for sometime and it seems like ETQW 1.2, although QWO snipers have higher recoil and slower fire rates. Figuring this stuff out as I go, but definitely like the fact that you can hit what you aim at. I only wish they had a better cross hair choice instead of this crappy COD one…

(Seanza) #10

All that objective stuff you’re talking about is in Objective mode only. That doesn’t happen in Stopwatch or TDM. Although, the music comes on for last objective in SW.

I also forgot to mention that when an objective is complete, the enemy respawn automatically.

(tokamak) #11

It wouldn’t be that hard would it? The entire Quake Live foundation is there, only need to add the W:ET content.

(Susefreak) #12

FYI QWO is build on the latest ETQW build, the 1.5 patch.

(matsy) #13

I think the main issue is that the game would be fueled by advertisment and not sure if a lot of companys would like to put their brand beside nazis/axis.

So if a game was going to go live my prediction would have been ETQW.

(INF3RN0) #14

[QUOTE=Seanza;241069]All that objective stuff you’re talking about is in Objective mode only. That doesn’t happen in Stopwatch or TDM. Although, the music comes on for last objective in SW.

I also forgot to mention that when an objective is complete, the enemy respawn automatically.[/QUOTE]

Ahh. See I never have any idea what is happening because its all in Korean… Some Korean dude says “Hello” and I say HOW DO I TURN OFF HEAD BOB?!" and then they reply with “Sorry I don’t speak English”… good stuff.

(Aristotle) #15

The two best things to know how to say in any language, so you can blow people off.

(signofzeta) #16

how do you get access to the game if you aren’t in Korea?

As for Wolf ET live, they should include the RTCW maps as well, perhaps the 3 made by Splash Damage (Tram, Rocket, Dam)

(Seanza) #17

Find a Korean to register an account for you. The game doesn’t block access as such, it just limits the users to those with a Korean ID.

(otakustar) #18

is there a linux-version of it? wouldn’t be a problem to get somebody in korea to sign up for me :wink:
:penguin:

(Susefreak) #19

Only Windows afaik.

(signofzeta) #20

What is the weapon loadout for each class? Does QWO have the Brink style weapon customizations? I saw a youtube video where a field ops was holding an Assault Rifle with Grenade Launcher, except the Assault Rifle does not have the red dot sight that the ETQW Assault Rifles are known for.