PS3 Users - I need Brink friends

(QUIK420) #121

I have 3 lvl 20s so far each dedicated to something different. Currently working on another light that I have at lvl 15 though. I wasn’t prepared for all the cortex bombs and downed firing while playing on him with you guys last nigh haha. Guess I got too used to the lower ranked games :o

(Oschino1907) #122

Tried to send you an invite but your list is full…

Yeah i have all dual spec guys, 2 med, 1 heavy, 1 light. Gonna make another heavy and light soon, prob when DLC comes out or right before. After that prob gonna make 4 characters to fully spec out each class. Lol i have a hard time making new guys unless i have some kind of inspiration or look-a-like idea, dont feel like deleting anything i make so want it to be right and permanent from the start.

(JaxDad08) #123

Should we all try to get in with our level 20 characters? I keep getting in with lower characters in order to level them up, or i get the error that i am too high of level to join. I can usually hang in there just as good with a level 8 as I can with the level 20. It dosn’t matter to me, but if we all agree to level 20 it might make things easier when people drop out.

(Oschino1907) #124

If everyone agress then yes it would be a good idea but otherwise dont see any reason you shouldnt level up your other guys. I think we can all agree its worth working around now if down the road we all have multiple 20s with dif classes and skills because that would help in many of the matches where we dont have have the best characters picked. I know myself i used 3 dif guys last night depending on who we were playing with and what we needed.

As long as we can keep the chat decently full and are able to move everyone if need be its not the big of a prob to back out and start a new lobby if 20’s cant get in. Would rather play with groups i know and that have mics then randoms. Lol after trying to get games goin with randoms i realize how ****ty it can be to not play with “friends”, makes me wonder how i got by in other games like KZ2 without playing with groups very often as it was usually just me and a handful of friends and not full or even half full teams.

(QUIK420) #125

[QUOTE=Oschino1907;336858]Tried to send you an invite but your list is full…

Yeah i have all dual spec guys, 2 med, 1 heavy, 1 light. Gonna make another heavy and light soon, prob when DLC comes out or right before. After that prob gonna make 4 characters to fully spec out each class. Lol i have a hard time making new guys unless i have some kind of inspiration or look-a-like idea, dont feel like deleting anything i make so want it to be right and permanent from the start.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok . Ya I keep deleting ppl and adding more and then deleting more haha. Il make room for you guys when i get home though.

(R_Shackelford) #126

Wow. Congrats.

Two crazy respect-worthy FPS plats: MAG & UT3.

I’ve only got 63% (damn DLC trophies knocked me down a few %) and 50%, respectively.

(digitalzero) #127

[QUOTE=R_Shackelford;336875]7: (?) SuperMedic (not started)
8: (?) SuperEngineer (not started)
9: Light SuperOp (not started)
10: (?) SuperSoldier (not started)

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by ‘super’? Thanks!

(Oschino1907) #128

All class specific abilities and universal abilities. Basically like what i plan to do, just all out one class characters.

(digitalzero) #129

That is what I thought but wanted to be sure. I’m building a Heavy / Super Medic (with a turret) then.

(R_Shackelford) #130

Exactly.

Be sure to grab CP Upgrade and maybe CP Firewall. Maybe Nerves of Steel as well. If you’re focusing on just one class you should have a few spare points.

(BallsPartyof2) #131

I tried that, 1 specific class. Did’nt work out like I thought it would. Ended up selling all and redo all abilities. This really would only work if you never changed classes in the middle of the game.

(digitalzero) #132

[QUOTE=R_Shackelford;336912]
Be sure to grab CP Upgrade and maybe CP Firewall. Maybe Nerves of Steel as well. If you’re focusing on just one class you should have a few spare points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’ll look into that after the dlc. The turret was a thought when I was going Med/Eng and did not want to reset for the full Medic path.

(Super-Pangolin) #133

[QUOTE=R_Shackelford;336875]Wow. Congrats.

Two crazy respect-worthy FPS plats: MAG & UT3.

I’ve only got 63% (damn DLC trophies knocked me down a few %) and 50%, respectively.[/QUOTE]
Well tbh, MAG and Brink are the only games that I own that have been consistently fun enough to grind for the plats… even if Brink was a breeze haha.

I think I was about 250 hours in before I started going for the MAG plat, I was about halfway so I figured I may as well start trying… took me about another 240 hours to get it. :eek: I bought the game at release, right at the beginning of my final year of high school, and didn’t get the plat until the leaver’s dinner.

The roadblocks part was the worst. I never want to play Corvus Research ever again…

(tangoliber) #134

I think they meant for us to switch classes a lot in this game. I usually spread out my abilities.
I have a character with abilities for each class… but my most often used character is a S/O/E. I also have a M/E…and I’m working on a S/M.
Even if you just have a couple of key abilities for each class, you won’t feel underpowered. For example, on my engineer and medic, I won’t have the kevlar buff/speed buff/metabolism buffs… But that just means that I will have more pips to give out more weapon buffs or health buffs… So it doesn’t really hurt.

(R_Shackelford) #135

Yeah, I don’t get Adrenaline, Speed, or Transfer Supplies on any of my dual-class characters. Maybe I’ll add Adrenaline after the DLC level increase. I do get the Kevlar buff. The only Engineer skill I don’t usually take on my Eng / XXX dual-classes is Nerves of Steel. I only suggest it if you’re not focusing on Engineer (or focusing mainly on Engineer), and you want your Eng to be a little more useful in its limited role.

(tangoliber) #136

My S/O/E has the following:

Battle Hardened
Supply Max Increase
Combat Intuition
Sprinting Reload
Resupply Rate Increase
Silent Running

Armor Piercing Ammo
Flashbang
Kevlar Vest
Extra Magazine
Satchel Charges

(I don’t get the grenade skills because I use a light and can’t use the grenade launcher attachment. So, I usually use my pips on flashbangs instead.)

Nerves of Steel
Light Turret
Medium Turret
Improved Weapon Buff
Extra Landmine
Gatling Turret

Sticky Bomb
Caltrop Grenades
EMP Grenades

Anyway, having S/O is great for maps like Resort… (and I get the E for when on defense.)
Originally it was just an S/O…but I played a tough stopwatch match where I really needed an engineer for the defensive side. After that match, I respecced…made some sacrifices, and got some engineer abilities…and now it feels pretty much perfect. I don’t feel like I am weaker than a fully maxed out class…I just end up with more pips to use on some key abilities.

I’m going to make an S/M/E for aquarium.

If you have a team, then you can organize everybody’s abilities and allow them to max out more… For example, in a 5v5 on Aquarium…in Round 1 the standard setup would be 2 soldier, 2 medic, 1 engineer… for Round 2, you could go 3 medic, 2 engineer. Then on defense, the standard is usually 2 medic, 2 engineer, 1 soldier for any map.
In that case, you could have 1 S/E, 1 S/M, 2 M, 1 E
That would allow most people to max out…but you would still be left with extra skill points, since there are some abilities that you wouldn’t need. Like Downed Fire, which does more harm than good, in my opinion.

But for pubs, I think its best to spread out as much as possible, because it isn’t always possible to find the right combination with what your random teammates have.

(Super-Pangolin) #137

Well I managed to use up my bandwidth allowance for the month (25GB… which is a LOT in NZ) so I just lag and crash out on matches, and by the time it’s topped up again my PS3 will be getting serviced… but for when I come back, what time is everybody usually on EST?

(Link020) #138

Hi all, would love to get some games in with real people rather than bots. My gamertag is: link020 Feel free to add me. I dont have a mic yet but will be getting one in the next week or so. Will use the objective wheel in the mean time. I haven’t played the game for a couple of weeks due to the fact I dont want to play with bots. Im in Canada (Newfoundland) so 1.5 hours ahead of EST. Im online most nights after 9 (19:30 EST)

(BallsPartyof2) #139

Sorry about last night to one of you 420 guys. I was in co-op with a budy a mine who just got the game. Who ever came in did something and pisse doff my friend. Given the person did’nt have a mic on I think just fueled the matter. My appologies. There was no reason for my friend to act that way. Why can’t gamers just see that not everything is directed towards you in a negative manner. Some more of guys joined in latter and he started up again and I had to straighten him out. Once some mics were turned on, it got a lot better. Thanks for joining tho, had fun this weekend. If you guys see me going in and out of that chat rooms, I’m just send invites to other players. I can say all 3 rooms have been working well. Thanks to all who have been making efforts to spread around the rooms to keep them full.

(sithhappens) #140

no problem balls i still had fun as always just showed he cared about playing :tongue::infiltrator: