PS3 Users - I need Brink friends

(Numenor_) #101

Add me too

Numenor_

(BallsPartyof2) #102

I had serious issues in last nights game with reviving you guys. My guy would not throw down the crack pipe to you guys. Yah, I’m am bad about not spotting you downed guys. Not use to seeing so many players on their back as much as you guys. OOOOO! LOL :tongue:

(BallsPartyof2) #103

I’ll send you an invite tonight. What was your PSN again. Its confusing when names don’t match ID’s.

(BallsPartyof2) #104

I disagree here. I like the idea of chats based on game types. I know when it gets late and a few beers latter, bots do just fine and thats just about the time my gut hurts from laughing so hard. I like the “BIG TEAMS” and the “Unofficial”. Both work and have players in them. What I think I should do is setup a Co-op bots chat and eliminate the 5 rank chats rooms.

NOW EVERYONE SCREAM - MORE CHATS ROOMS! NOOOOOO!

LOL, thanks everyone for your continue support on this matter.

(Super-Pangolin) #105

Wow, this thread moves along fast.

Aah MAG, fond memories there. My first plat! I was also an officer in KEQ… fun zerg times :smiley:

(tangoliber) #106

[QUOTE=BallsPartyof2;335961]I disagree here. I like the idea of chats based on game types. I know when it gets late and a few beers latter, bots do just fine and thats just about the time my gut hurts from laughing so hard. I like the “BIG TEAMS” and the “Unofficial”. Both work and have players in them. What I think I should do is setup a Co-op bots chat and eliminate the 5 rank chats rooms.

NOW EVERYONE SCREAM - MORE CHATS ROOMS! NOOOOOO!

LOL, thanks everyone for your continue support on this matter.[/QUOTE]

I already got the invite…I appreciate it though.

There just aren’t enough people to have rooms specific like that. When I last checked there were around 10 in Unofficial, and 5 in Big Teams.

People in unofficial are willing to play big teams or whatever… so why not combine and have everyone together? I see no benefit to having separate rooms… you don’t gain anything…you just have less people that can join in. I don’t think there is anyone who says “I only want to play Big Teams”, or “I only want to play 5v5 competition.” There isn’t really that much of a difference between them.

If you have one room…then you can just say "who wants to play co-op vs bots’, or “who wants to play big teams” or whatever… If everyone is in one room, and nobody wants to play…then there wouldn’t have been anyone in one of those alternate chats anyway.

I won’t post about it anymore. Its just that I would hate to see a good thing die because the already small community split up into two or even three smaller groups. In every other game community I’ve been in, only one chat room survived…or none of them survived.

(BallsPartyof2) #107

Hey last night was a blast. Sorry if I was super chatty last night. I was just having a lot of fun shooting the Sh__ with you guys. I sent out more friend request last night and a new chat for Co-op/Bots. I’ll send out a message tonihjt asking everyone to delete the RANK chat rooms. I’ll be on late again tonight. I think I’ll be in the Unofficial Chat tonight and hit up those guys.

(digitalzero) #108

It was the BP2 radio show! :tongue: “ALOT” of fun! :wink:

(JaxDad08) #109

You were super chatty, but it didn’t bother me any. It would have if we weren’t kicking butt. Also, I don’t think you fully covered your side of the Xbox name scandal. :wink:

Hope to see everyone out there again tonight!

(Super-Pangolin) #110

I’ll hopefully see you all again for another night of lag-drenched fun! :stuck_out_tongue: And maybe I’ll be on longer.

(BallsPartyof2) #111

[QUOTE=tangoliber;335978]I see no benefit to having separate rooms… you don’t gain anything…you just have less people that can join in. I don’t think there is anyone who says “I only want to play Big Teams”, or “I only want to play 5v5 competition.” There isn’t really that much of a difference between them.

In every other game community I’ve been in, only one chat room survived…or none of them survived.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are right. It would be nice to have just one chat room. However, the other chat was created because there are gamers who just want to play “BIG TEAMS”. That is what that chat room is for and that is all that will be played in that Chat/Lobby. Last night our chat was about 9 or 10 but we had a full room of human players and even got a couple more friends out of it which is great. So don’t let the number of participants fool you. Now it’s nice that we have another option which is the “Unofficial Brink Chat” which I take from your post is flexible to game type/mode which is perfect. The third chat room (your right, it will probably be that chat room that dies) which I describe as a “ZOMBIES” chat/lobby for just playing against bots and lots of bot carnage. I do sometimes get tired of the human VS human and just want to send some invites to some friends and BS while raping bots, testing guns and attachments, abilities, finding new things in the map, etc.

You can delete the chat rooms as fast as you can create them. I say leave it up to the gamer on which chat/lobby seems to work for them or all of the above. It would be cool to use the 2 chats rooms as a way to create a team vs team challenge. That could work and be fun.

GAME ON and see ya tonight!

What I will be doing for a while is using my PSN comment to let you Brink gamers know which chat room I’m currently in. It seems to be working great for the last couple of nights.

(jmanelson) #112

Invites to the Chats Please
Love brink and wish to play in games with more people

PSN: jmanelson

(tangoliber) #113

Sent you a friend request jmanelson. Will send you the invites to each of them.

(BallsPartyof2) #114

GREAT games last night! We should start on balance out the other side when it gets to be that easy or we the start of a team going. Had a blast. See you guys on tonight. I’ll be in co-op for a bit cause a friend is coming by and I want to show him the game. Let him get the feel of it before going online. jmanelson, I’ll send you a request as well. Thanks tan for taking care of the chats.

(QUIK420) #115

Not sure if you guys made any more / different chat rooms. if you did send me an invite pls cause Im always looking to play with human foolios. PSN: QUIK420

(Oschino1907) #116

[QUOTE=tangoliber;335978]I already got the invite…I appreciate it though.

There just aren’t enough people to have rooms specific like that. When I last checked there were around 10 in Unofficial, and 5 in Big Teams.

People in unofficial are willing to play big teams or whatever… so why not combine and have everyone together? I see no benefit to having separate rooms… you don’t gain anything…you just have less people that can join in. I don’t think there is anyone who says “I only want to play Big Teams”, or “I only want to play 5v5 competition.” There isn’t really that much of a difference between them.

If you have one room…then you can just say "who wants to play co-op vs bots’, or “who wants to play big teams” or whatever… If everyone is in one room, and nobody wants to play…then there wouldn’t have been anyone in one of those alternate chats anyway.

I won’t post about it anymore. Its just that I would hate to see a good thing die because the already small community split up into two or even three smaller groups. In every other game community I’ve been in, only one chat room survived…or none of them survived.[/QUOTE]

Like Balls said my Brink Lobby/Chat Big Team Only! Is because there are many trying to play that and personally I get annoyed when I am in other chats and have constant chit chat popping up on my screen about games I dont want to play or am not a part of, also getting invites that were sent out to chats for games modes I dont want to play or while I am already in an established match.
I check into and invite other chats too, but out of my 50 or so Brink friends on Ps3 the large majority are people that want to play Big Teams Only. The chat isnt always full cause many of my Brink friends dont join it as I tend to be the “Link” between them and other groups so they always ask me for an invite or join me while in game. Also my friends who dont have mics find it very usefull for communicating with me or other people in the chat during the game. Lol there may only be maybe 10 people tops at any time in my chat (which is only 2days old) but have often seen both sides fill with friends and friends of other chats players leaving other friends and chat players left out and unable to join the FULL match.

Also I love the idea of Balls Co-op/Bots chats. Good place to have people meet up when they want to play co-op campaign or just co-op practice against bots. Might not get used often but atleast it will be an esablished place to go to and send others to when they are looking to do just that. Not hard to join one chat, find people that want to play a certain mode and then taking your group to that other chat and run your game out of there. I like having just 1 big game goin in my chat, everyone is on the same page at all times, and for those wanting in, joining and sayin “hey whats up any room?” (if you arent a friend of anyone) and if there is room someone from the chat will invite you to match no prob.

(Oschino1907) #117

Dont know if you were in mine or have an invite to my chat but we were the ones you were playing against/with last night when the games were full in Big Teams.

(digitalzero) #118

Thanks again for the great games. The ‘Big Teams’ games are very addicting. It makes the game totally fun. I think the chats are working well. The only thing that could be worked on is figuring out a way to get the group together quicker when lvl 20 players come online and want to play but the room was started or hosted by an under lvl 20 player. What we did last night worked and hopefully when people see ‘lvl 20 room up, invites sent’ they will know why a new room was made. This should not be a problem once we have been playing together more and the dlc comes out.

(QUIK420) #119

Ya I remembered playing with you guys I just wasn’t sure if we had mixed rooms together or made any new ones. I had a blast though even tho the bots made me sad when I first started playing because they let you guys deliver the intel to the plane with like ten secs left haha :penguin:

(Oschino1907) #120

Well most were level 20’s, but when host leaves and it finds a new host its seems to set it around whatever their level/rank is. Gets very confusing at times. I am level 20 with all my current guys now though so everyone i start will be open for 20’s. The more people in the chat while trying to set things up the easier it gets cause then we can all be sure to be on the same page.