PS3 Users - I need Brink friends

(thesuzukimethod) #281

Also, re: stacking. cant you just set “force team balance” in the game settings when you start it up? that’s one of the reasons why comp rules. max differential in team size is 1, and that’s only if there’s an odd number of players.

(m10363) #282

add me

Ad1992

(Oschino1907) #283

So should I set up a new one called “Brink Lobby/Chat - 8v8 BT/OS Only!” or just everyone start annoucing to others that mine is for both now. Hell the only reason I keep refering to it as mine (really i see it as ours just like the Hardcore club which I also started but is ours) is i am often the only person setting up and hosting matches from it, ocasionaly other do but its mostly just me, so if others want to start using it to start old school especially if they are playing comp in the other room feel free, just be sure to annouce it in the chat before sending invites.
Personally I tend to like having those in the chat in the game or trying to join it, not using it to make 50 different games. I also agree the FF/comp/not bots cause I dont like comp so I can avoid it LOL, but still would like an invite so I can send others there who want to play it.

(thesuzukimethod) #284

[QUOTE=Oschino1907;363340]So should I set up a new one called “Brink Lobby/Chat - 8v8 BT/OS Only!” or just everyone start annoucing to others that mine is for both now. Hell the only reason I keep refering to it as mine (really i see it as ours just like the Hardcore club which I also started but is ours) is i am often the only person setting up and hosting matches from it, ocasionaly other do but its mostly just me, so if others want to start using it to start old school especially if they are playing comp in the other room feel free, just be sure to annouce it in the chat before sending invites.
Personally I tend to like having those in the chat in the game or trying to join it, not using it to make 50 different games. I also agree the FF/comp/not bots cause I dont like comp so I can avoid it LOL, but still would like an invite so I can send others there who want to play it.[/QUOTE]

i say just keep the big teams chat rolling - lots of people know/use it and it would be a hassle to start another one for a small change - people will figure it out… for some, they just want to jump in to whatever is available). that way, you dont need a whole new chat.

yeah - easy’s chat is comp and it’s stopwatch…which some people dont like. I’ll send invites next time i’m on.

(AmishWarMachine) #285

I wonder what the purpose/reasoning behind the 16-participant limit for chat rooms is. Sure would be nice if it was expanded to 25 or 30.

I’m not even sure multiple rooms is that great of a solution, since the same people will just join them all. I know I do. Maybe there’s an “etiquette” that needs to be established (ie “only join the chatroom of the gameplay mode you’re most interested in”).

(thesuzukimethod) #286

It would be awesome if the room limit was a little higher, but i can see how it would get chaotic if everyone were actually chatting. <s>what they need is a “placeholder” chat that just holds your spot in the game type you want to play, and then when that type has enough people, the match starts…oh wait, that’s lobbies! arrgh </sarcasm>

For a while i didnt know about the limit, so i just jumped in to all…it does make sense to only join the room of the type you want to play…but honestly, as of late - i just jump into friends matches to get started. Partly b/c i’m in MST (that’s PDT during the summer) there’s almost always friends already playing when i get on…so i try not to hold a spot in the chat if i’ve already found a game…but it is nice to have someone from the match in a chat, so if the numbers get low, you can just invite the whole chat to the game w/o relying on friends lists.

(Oschino1907) #287

[QUOTE=AmishWarMachine;363348]I wonder what the purpose/reasoning behind the 16-participant limit for chat rooms is. Sure would be nice if it was expanded to 25 or 30.

I’m not even sure multiple rooms is that great of a solution, since the same people will just join them all. I know I do. Maybe there’s an “etiquette” that needs to be established (ie “only join the chatroom of the gameplay mode you’re most interested in”).[/QUOTE]

25 or 30 would be way to cluttered especially if most were actually talking, there arent even that many lines in a chat so would have to scroll up and down a lot if people were actually chatting.

For me I stay in more then one as I often host/start or go out of my way to make teams even during matches by sending out chat invites, if you are in the chats and inviting people often and setting up games it makes sense but as you say many just sit there for no reason other then to recieve invites and many times stay in well after they are in a match and have been playing for a long period. More chats are good if they are specific, dont need more “unofficial” or general rooms, only niche ones and if there are enough people to play them.

P.s. Rooms like the Unofficial can be used often as a meeting place and then when you decide to play join the chat for that mode or for the group running the room you are trying to join, that way things dont get cluttered and filled to capacity where no one can then join.

(tangoliber) #288

[QUOTE=thesuzukimethod;363346]

yeah - easy’s chat is comp and it’s stopwatch…=[/QUOTE]

I think its either custom or O/S. We sort of stopped playing comp because

1. You can’t follow people in spectator mode, but you can in O/S
  2. Hard to switch teams, even when you should be able to…so we like to have Force Team Balance off. The other day, I was a spectator, and it was a 2v3… but it wouldn’t let me switch to the side with 2 for about 10 minutes of trying. Finally, I just left and rejoined.
  3. I don’t think anyone minds having Command Post buffs on for those who want them. I don’t usually capture CPs because the extra health is less than a single SMG bullet of damage if you have the medic buffs…and I prefer for the entire team to be working on the objective. But it doesn’t bother me if the other team is getting an advantage from them…so I don’t mind the buffs being on. And they can be a distraction…haha. If you hear that the other team is capturing a CP, you know that they are down a guy at the objective, and you can attack. :slight_smile:
  4. I think that Comp has the rank issues, which O/S doesn’t.

I could be wrong about the rank and team balance settings.

Also, I like for people being able to chat freely in Unofficial and for people who aren’t playing Brink to be able to sit in. Just keeps the community from being too cold, in my opinion. I’ve never been in on weekends though, so I’ve never seen the room maxed out. And I think its fine if some rooms, like Big Teams, have a no idle chat policy.

(BallsPartyof2) #289

“If you want me to end my chat or dont want to play Big Teams anymore why dont you just say something to me instead of talkin about it without my knowledge.”:mad:

Oschino, really. Without your knowledge. :rolleyes: Its on a public forum and I was talking to all the gamers about all the chat rooms we created. I’m not sure why you would think that. Its not like we have a kid together and need to go to mediation first. I did’nt single any 1 chat room out. Like it was already said. I also have been tracking the activity of the chat rooms the last 2 weeks as to which chat room is supporting the most games and invites and its not the co-op only or big teams. Yes, on the weekend the big team and unofficial are packing a few gamers but on a week night, big team is dead. The purpose of that chat was to bring all the gamers to a place to find a human game, no matter the game type. We are all big kids here and I’m sure we can organize on a nightly basis whats being played, whos hosting, does another game need to be thrown up. The more chats we make the more spread out the community becomes and in the end our efforts will fail. I was asking opions on this matter from everybody, not just the chat room originator.

Everyone opions matter to me before asking the community for a change. What happen months ago is in the past. Oschino, you gota let it go and lets move on together with strengthing the Brink community even if it means yours and mine chat rooms are dispan. Please don’t take it personal. I have met a lot a of great gamers here and I can say that you, Darth, Shak, Easy, Tang, isuki, Amish, have to be my fav to game with. Stop the worries about maxing out the chat room. We will deal with it when it happens, if it happens. I know what you mean about the spam invite so take yourself out of the chat room once your in the game. Starting a new game/host, then join chat, send invite and leave. This is quite simple if you ask me. I can say that from the beginning I have sent all 3 chats to everybody. I can’t speak for others on which chat they decide to send to their friends.

Even teams. Yes I will uneven teams just so I can play with my friends/ you guys. I trade off between staying a few rounds then switching.

I’ve said enough, I love you guys and thanks for given a HOOT. Hope I didn’t piss on anybody to long. Its just a game so have fun spending your quarters every time you die and spawn back. :wink:

(thesuzukimethod) #290

sorry, i’m imprecise with my words. i lump comp/OS together owing to no bots and FF-on. i prefer the settings of OS but the team size of comp. are people making custom settings or just rolling OS settings? i haven’t gotten in to play in a few owing to work/project overload, but knew DLC was coming so have time upcoming. yay!

see you on the ark.

edit: i realize you say quite specifically it’s possibly custom. my reading comprehension is as bad as my word choice precision. lol

(Oschino1907) #291

[QUOTE=BallsPartyof2;363741]“If you want me to end my chat or dont want to play Big Teams anymore why dont you just say something to me instead of talkin about it without my knowledge.”:mad:

Oschino, really. Without your knowledge. :rolleyes: Its on a public forum and I was talking to all the gamers about all the chat rooms we created. I’m not sure why you would think that. Its not like we have a kid together and need to go to mediation first. I did’nt single any 1 chat room out. Like it was already said. I also have been tracking the activity of the chat rooms the last 2 weeks as to which chat room is supporting the most games and invites and its not the co-op only or big teams. Yes, on the weekend the big team and unofficial are packing a few gamers but on a week night, big team is dead. The purpose of that chat was to bring all the gamers to a place to find a human game, no matter the game type. We are all big kids here and I’m sure we can organize on a nightly basis whats being played, whos hosting, does another game need to be thrown up. The more chats we make the more spread out the community becomes and in the end our efforts will fail. I was asking opions on this matter from everybody, not just the chat room originator.

Everyone opions matter to me before asking the community for a change. What happen months ago is in the past. Oschino, you gota let it go and lets move on together with strengthing the Brink community even if it means yours and mine chat rooms are dispan. Please don’t take it personal. I have met a lot a of great gamers here and I can say that you, Darth, Shak, Easy, Tang, isuki, Amish, have to be my fav to game with. Stop the worries about maxing out the chat room. We will deal with it when it happens, if it happens. I know what you mean about the spam invite so take yourself out of the chat room once your in the game. Starting a new game/host, then join chat, send invite and leave. This is quite simple if you ask me. I can say that from the beginning I have sent all 3 chats to everybody. I can’t speak for others on which chat they decide to send to their friends.

Even teams. Yes I will uneven teams just so I can play with my friends/ you guys. I trade off between staying a few rounds then switching.

I’ve said enough, I love you guys and thanks for given a HOOT. Hope I didn’t piss on anybody to long. Its just a game so have fun spending your quarters every time you die and spawn back. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Only gonna say a few words and hopefully it explains everything that needs to be explained or said… Havent been on much for well over a week just waiting for the DLC and been busy with things, My chat only gets used much when I am on and running/setting up games, I go on today and see people talking about cutting off certain chats.

I go on to the chats and some were in both, when more peopel started gettin on official and I didnt recognize them I asked them and they never even knew of the other chat, a bit earlier there was a FULL (and have had well over 16 between the two chats on many ocassions before people started dropping off waitng for the DLC) chat in official, only 2-3 were people on my friends list and were also in my chat, I have a good 50 brink players on my friends list. Please explain how 1 chat is supposed to work with that many people and how so many from the other chat have no clue about my chat. Dont forget I have a good core of people that only tend to play with me and in games I run (dont know why but they dont like the chats never join them and dont like to play with “randoms”).

Really dont see any reason to cut off any chats. As you fail to see the difficulties of going in and out of chats during games just to send invites (especially when people join chats looking for games while you are in game and not in chat or when you want to speak to people on the other team through the chat, really more problems then fixes, I could go on…) as I do its odd to hear you say its a hassle to have more then one chat when people can have access to all and look for what they want or settle for what is there and alive at the time being. Just seems kinda of weird that one is a problem or hassle when its clearly not in any way what so ever as its the peoples choice but the other is in your view no hassle at all when it clearly is and can be game breaking when people dont follow the policies you would prefer to be followed. Maybe in a perfect world and conditions your idea would work but as it stands now more then one chat for specific game modes is clearly the way to go. I gurantee had the game worked tonight (for me and all the others who had errors) we would have had 2 full chats easy…

Sorry guess that wasnt a few words. But hopefully you get my point and where I am comming from. I havent been on as much lately but I am on much more often then you especially just chillin and chatting in the chats, I notice the trends more then others and know when its a chat I am trying to fill with players and when I am not playing and not getting anyone together. Right now I think we are good with and Official for a general meeting place and game starting, Mine for all 8v8 games i start or others want to start if the other chat is full or has more then 1 game already going on, and the Third chat is run by someone who does custom matches with specific rules that many like playing.

I love you Balls (sounds so wrong lol) but in this instance you are wrong… I may not be 100% right but am def on the right track…

(sithhappens) #292

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

(BallsPartyof2) #293

[QUOTE=AmishWarMachine;363077]One Room to rule them all, One Room to find them,
One Room to bring them all, and without a lobby bind them
[/QUOTE]

LOL, Darthman, your awsome brother. Remind me to send you a Awsom 4000 in the mail. That was a great one but this has to be my fav.
Amish, you get the line of the week trophy.

(sithhappens) #294

[QUOTE=BallsPartyof2;364242]LOL, Darthman, your awsome brother. Remind me to send you a Awsom 4000 in the mail. That was a great one but this has to be my fav.
Amish, you get the line of the week trophy.[/QUOTE]

im here all week!!

(Oschino1907) #295

[QUOTE=BallsPartyof2;364242]LOL, Darthman, your awsome brother. Remind me to send you a Awsom 4000 in the mail. That was a great one but this has to be my fav.
Amish, you get the line of the week trophy.[/QUOTE]

“Stop the worries about maxing out the chat room. We will deal with it when it happens”

I vote for this one considering many couldnt play due to install errors yet we had one room maxed out and the other over 10 out of 16… You made it sound like it could never happen and then maybe an hour later at most it happened, just wait till the weekend…

C.G.I. Communist Gaming Inc.

(BallsPartyof2) #296

[QUOTE=BallsPartyof2;363741]take yourself out of the chat room once your in the game. Starting a new game/host, then join chat, send invite and leave. This is quite simple if you ask me.QUOTE]

You would have never maxed out that chat romm if you were doing whats listed above.

Work smarter, not harder!

(BallsPartyof2) #297

I had a good long talk with Oschino a couple nights ago about this and I came to a decision. I am going to still track this thread and send out invites to gamers but just 1 main chat room.

If there are more chat rooms out there then please feel free to send those invites yourself.

I think it would be a good idea to put a list together of all the chats that are out there so gamers can have a choice they can see and let us know which ones they would like to have sent to them. This is too much work for one person to do so I’ll leave it up to you guys to handle that part.

I would like all the chat rooms sent to me so if someone is ask during a game for one of them. I can give them a invite.

I still stand behind that 1 is all we need but I get the other point of view so this is my compromise.

Thanks everyone for your continued support to the PS3 Brink gamers. Now let’s shoot some mucho bad guys. :smiley:

(Shinigami) #298

someone was being a serious troll on the chatroom today. they just kept spamming the same message over and over again just for annoyance. people can’t get kicked out of chats can they?

(tangoliber) #299

No, they cant get kicked. Best thing to do is just to switch to a different room.

Its probably someone who had Brink before, and had an invite the room, but quit playing.

(Selvaraj) #300

It hasn’t been confirmed to be Anon. Last I heard some Anon members were posting on Facebook that they did it, than would go on another sight and state that they never did it. I saw on G4 that there have been a couple speculations on what could possibly be causing the PSN errors. I’m not so much as worried as I am pissed off. For further information