PS3 Users - I need Brink friends

(thesuzukimethod) #261

pretty sure too - you and cookiestein and some others? i played waaaay later than i meant to that night…the whole “just one more match” problem. lol

(ZionDelhamorte) #262

Yeah he was and i think its call one more match syndrome lol:penguin::penguin:

(BallsPartyof2) #263

Im gona try and host a comp or old school tonight with the warmup so join up on me tonight if you want.

(kFWeLsh) #264

evans72 add me :slight_smile:

(BallsPartyof2) #265

Will do. I’ll add you tonight.

Side note: Are we ready to settle on 1 chat room yet? Your thoughts please.

(RabidAnubis) #266

RabidAnubis

Add me

(AmishWarMachine) #267

One Room to rule them all, One Room to find them,
One Room to bring them all, and without a lobby bind them

(thesuzukimethod) #268

/\agree/\

the only thing (and given how much we all friend-network to get into games, it might not matter as much) is i think the chatrooms have a 16 person capacity, but since lots just sit in both at the same time…? dunno. ideally a 30 person chat lobby would be perfect b/c you could make a game, invite the chat, whomever didnt get in could make a game, invite the whole chat - repeat till everyone is in a game.

(or just have lobbies…lol)

(R_Shackelford) #269

Maybe “Unofficial Brink Chat Room” and “Unofficial Brink Chat Overflow?”

(BallsPartyof2) #270

It would have to be 1 we already have setup cause I’m not going back and re-inviting everyone to a new chat room. Like vooddo and I both said, in the end there can be only 1 and we are now getting to that point. So which one is it?

A max out solution would be once your in the game, leave the chat room to make room for others to join in. Plus we still have people in the chat rooms that are playing other games, not Brink.

(R_Shackelford) #271

Good point. I say we keep the “Unofficial Brink Chatroom.” The “Big Teams” usually doesn’t have as many people in it.

(thesuzukimethod) #272

this.

10char

(Oschino1907) #273

If you want me to end my chat or dont want to play Big Teams anymore why dont you just say something to me instead of talkin about it without my knowledge. I wonder at times why half of you are in the other chat and not mine when I try to invite you, one will always be “mostly empty” when you only join 1 chat and not the other, thats just common sense. Not to mention I have barely played the last week+ waiting for the DLC and many I play with are rarely on Brink when I am not (mostly peeps without mics), chat is more empty now as I havnt been running games or inviting many to it.

Oh and seeing as the DLC will bring many back dont see why to drop one now, 16 people in one chat, thats 1 maybe 2 games worth of people. And As i have stated many times before that the main reason I even started a second chat was because it gets old when you are tryin to play and you get endless spam invites to games your not playing and when people are having a convo in the chat and it constantly blocks your upper right hand corner. Sorry but I dont like things flashing on my screen all game when it has nothing to do with the game and I hate having to delete tons of invites for games i was never in everyday to clear my mail box.

(Oschino1907) #274

[QUOTE=BallsPartyof2;363190]It would have to be 1 we already have setup cause I’m not going back and re-inviting everyone to a new chat room. Like vooddo and I both said, in the end there can be only 1 and we are now getting to that point. So which one is it?

A max out solution would be once your in the game, leave the chat room to make room for others to join in. Plus we still have people in the chat rooms that are playing other games, not Brink.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Voodoo would say that as he was never in my chat more then a handful of times and plays nothing but comp and old school, guess its kinda obvious why that would be his view of the situation… Just love how some from the other chat are still out to see mine shut down for no reason other then they dont use it or have somethin against me. Dont see why there only has to be one or another or why people let personal diff get in the way of getting everyone together to play. I invite everyone to both chats, I know for a fact many people that get invited to the other chat never get invited to mine as some from there have been out to see my chat dead from the start.

And your last part Balls, LOL really, thats like expecting people to keep teams even and not stack sides… It will never happen… great idea and could help a lot but good luck getting others to follow.

(thesuzukimethod) #275

i thought balls started them both (b/c that’s who i received the invite from for both). i’m not invested in it either way as long as there is a way (or there are ways) to get around the lack of lobbies.

also, the chats will always be a situational and semi-permanent (if that) solution. It sucks the PSN limits us to 16 ppl…Someone (not on here) started up a comp/FF/no-bots chat recently so that ppl who would rather play that mode dont clog up one of the other chats. makes sense, nothing personal, just a way to organize brink players till we (and we never will) have lobbies.

(tangoliber) #276

[QUOTE=Oschino1907;363288]
And your last part Balls, LOL really, thats like expecting people to keep teams even and not stack sides… It will never happen… great idea and could help a lot but good luck getting others to follow.[/QUOTE]

We’ve been keeping sides even for weeks at least. I can’t remember the last time I was in a game where the sides weren’t even.
We used to always make sure that the offense had the extra guy if there was an odd number of players. Now, we always make sure that death spectating is on, so that 1 person can spectate if need be. The game looks so awesome when spectating that there are plenty of people who actually enjoy switching to spectator for a while, including myself.

Btw, Voodoo quit playing Brink literally days after that conflict… He only came back once to play 2 matches. I don’t know anyone that wanted your chatroom fail. The only reason that I don’t join it is because I’m not usually in the mood for bots.

There was worry in the past about the community being divided, and it seemed at one point in time that the community was losing steam… so I argued for the idea of one chatroom…under the reasoning that new invitees would be able to see how active the community is and thus decide to stick with the game. I don’t worry about the community fading anymore, because it seems very strong now…strong enough to support multiple chatrooms. So, I certainly support the Big Teams chat.
Voodoo nor I have ever held any personal grudge against you, or anyone else in the community. :slight_smile:

(tangoliber) #277

iPeaches started the Unofficial (on the Bethesda forums…back when PSN came back up). Oschinos started Big Teams. Balls started Co-Op. And I think Easy started the new “FF On, No Bots, Stopwatch” Room, which was really active today. There is also Brink Asia which is active on rare occasions…specifically when its nighttime in Japan/China.

I vote Big Teams as the other “main” room aside from Unofficial, for the sake of not changing stuff around and having to re-invite people. I’m not gonna call it an “overflow” room, since that would imply that it is lesser than Unofficial. :slight_smile:

(Oschino1907) #278

[QUOTE=tangoliber;363303]We’ve been keeping sides even for weeks at least. I can’t remember the last time I was in a game where the sides weren’t even.
We used to always make sure that the offense had the extra guy if there was an odd number of players. Now, we always make sure that death spectating is on, so that 1 person can spectate if need be. The game looks so awesome when spectating that there are plenty of people who actually enjoy switching to spectator for a while, including myself.

Btw, Voodoo quit playing Brink literally days after that conflict… He only came back once to play 2 matches. I don’t know anyone that wanted your chatroom fail. The only reason that I don’t join it is because I’m not usually in the mood for bots.

There was worry in the past about the community being divided, and it seemed at one point in time that the community was losing steam… so I argued for the idea of one chatroom…under the reasoning that new invitees would be able to see how active the community is and thus decide to stick with the game. I don’t worry about the community fading anymore, because it seems very strong now…strong enough to support multiple chatrooms. So, I certainly support the Big Teams chat.
Voodoo nor I have ever held any personal grudge against you, or anyone else in the community. :)[/QUOTE]

Well I know you guys have been good about not stacking in your old school matches, but in the big teams there are a number of people who have been called out for it more then once and they just continue to do it becuase its more important to be on the side with their friend or only girl that plays then the one thats down players. To some the game becomes more of a chat room/high school lunch table and its sad and ruins all that is fun about the game. LOL point being it would be great if people did a lot of things but sadly most are stuck in their ways and trying to convince them otherwise just starts an arguement.

I agree the community is only getting bigger and better, which is why I dont see why people want to consolidate the rooms now, I mean really why? In the past we have had both with 10+ people on a good weekend (not counting all those who were playing not in the chats) so I feel we need atleast 2 if not 3 rooms. In my chat I like to play mostly big teams but have no prob at all with old school so long as its more then 5v5 otherwise is basically comp which I dont like as much. I just prefer more people playing, and often in big teams there are no bots, just have to be patient for a game or two for it to fill up.

I would be willing to start a new chat if everyone helps me invite everyone that still plays on the regular, it could be one only for Big Teams and Old School or an 8v8 chat/lobby. LOL cant tell you how many times (and i know others have seen it as well) people cant join and keep sending out invites to people only to find out they are in a comp room and not old school, almost the same prob that came between standard and big teams.

(Oschino1907) #279

[QUOTE=tangoliber;363304]iPeaches started the Unofficial (on the Bethesda forums…back when PSN came back up). Oschinos started Big Teams. Balls started Co-Op. And I think Easy started the new “FF On, No Bots, Stopwatch” Room, which was really active today. There is also Brink Asia which is active on rare occasions…specifically when its nighttime in Japan/China.

I vote Big Teams as the other “main” room aside from Unofficial, for the sake of not changing stuff around and having to re-invite people. I’m not gonna call it an “overflow” room, since that would imply that it is lesser than Unofficial. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah Balls co-op should get some work when the DLC hits as i know I want to play the “campaign” versions first to learn the levels. The other chats I have never been invited to, I know for sure WarriorJoy would love an invite to the Brink Asian one as he is playing from China.

(thesuzukimethod) #280

[QUOTE=tangoliber;363304]iPeaches started the Unofficial (on the Bethesda forums…back when PSN came back up). Oschinos started Big Teams. Balls started Co-Op. And I think Easy started the new “FF On, No Bots, Stopwatch” Room, which was really active today. There is also Brink Asia which is active on rare occasions…specifically when its nighttime in Japan/China.

I vote Big Teams as the other “main” room aside from Unofficial, for the sake of not changing stuff around and having to re-invite people. I’m not gonna call it an “overflow” room, since that would imply that it is lesser than Unofficial. :)[/QUOTE]

see edited post above: invites came from balls = thinks balls started them both b/c his name is stamped on both of them for me.

i dont really care who started them as long as they do what they say, which is why i thought easy’s chat was a good idea (we floated the idea of a comp/FF/no-bots chat on here a couple weeks ago, iirc) and why keeping “big teams” makes some sense too.

Os - Easy just started the chat yesterday (or this weekend, i wasnt on till yesterday), he and I chatted (over PSN, arrgh, typing with my controller) last week about the 16 person limit for the chats, so he prob decided a separate chat for that game mode was a good idea. (it is)

edited to add: i do care who started them in the sense that i appreciate that they were started, not trying to sound callous