PS3 Users - I need Brink friends

(thesuzukimethod) #221

it’s a moving window of players - i see the most activity between 6pm - 11pm (GMT-7 (i think, MST)), but i find players almost every time i log on (my work sked is flexy, so i bounce around a bit)

(BallsPartyof2) #222

I sent the invite. Looking forward to battle when you get back. Hit me up.

(nephandys) #223

Just wanted to drop in and invite you all to participate in our Brink Player Forums. We’ve even created a special section for all you PS3 players! Feel free to come by, register, and join in the fun. Our goal is to grow the community and connect other players together both for Brink and other titles as well.

Resistance is Futile

(Super-Pangolin) #224

Still waiting for the DLC… :frowning: In my downtime from Brink, I’ve played so much FO3 I managed to plat it… and I finished off inFamous’ and Borderlands’ platinums whilst I was at it too.

Still up for Brink adds, I’ll be getting back on in full swing when the DLC drops, which hopefully is soon!

(gooey79) #225

Did you get any problems with the performance of Fallout 3 towards the end of the game? I’ve yet to finish it, now I’ve got the Brink Platinum though; you might have given me my next game to finish.

Kudos.

(thesuzukimethod) #226

[QUOTE=*goo;357730]Did you get any problems with the performance of Fallout 3 towards the end of the game? I’ve yet to finish it, now I’ve got the Brink Platinum though; you might have given me my next game to finish.

Kudos.[/QUOTE]

i know you didn’t ask me, but F03 worked fine for me (finished, not platted), although I only had one dlc pack installed (brotherhood of steel one)…now new vegas…sheesh. (love that game, and the new (giant) patch seems to have fixed a lot of stuff, but man had some freeze/lag probs that were a little crazy.

(Super-Pangolin) #227

[QUOTE=*goo;357730]Did you get any problems with the performance of Fallout 3 towards the end of the game? I’ve yet to finish it, now I’ve got the Brink Platinum though; you might have given me my next game to finish.

Kudos.[/QUOTE]
Nah, not really. I only really had issues after I’d been playing for more than a couple hours and the console was starting to overheat, which is kind of to be expected. But then again, I did take measures to reduce freezing and keep my save file size down… ie, deleting/re-downloading game data, frequently clearing the cache on start-up loading screen, neglecting energy weapons to prevent ash/goo piles, selling anything I wasn’t 100% positive I’d need, turning off auto-save, only keeping 1-3 save files per-character, etc… but really, in the 80 or so hours I played across 2 characters, all I had was a handful of freezes and the occasional drop in FPS or VATS lag.

Though I have vanilla w/out any add-ons, I did back-up my save files and try GOTY edition, but it just played horribly… PS3s just aren’t built to handle that much awesome at once, strains enough with vanilla version as it is.

Still, FO3 is probably the most fun plat I’ve ever gotten (out of 5, lol). No real grinding, you can get it just by playing & exploring.

(passenger_x) #228

Hi.
Just got BRINK. Been playing a lot last 4 days, but still haven’t had a chance to play with real people, only bots…
Please add my PSN: passenger_x
Thanx!

(tangoliber) #229

I sent you the chat invite a few minutes ago passenger. :slight_smile:

(ZionDelhamorte) #230

add me if your up for some rounds most anytime… PSN ID: ZionDelhamorte

(BallsPartyof2) #231

thanks Suki for taking care of passenger_x. I’ll send Zion an invite tonight. I have some serious stuff going on at home this week so I may be in and out games and chats this week, plus HUNTED also has my interest right now since I beat Alice this past weekend.

Splash Damage: For my birthday present, I would like the Brink DLC by this sunday. Send it express please. :slight_smile: Thank you and please no candles or song.

(Super-Pangolin) #232

My birthday was the 13th, I was super disappointed when it came and went and there still wasn’t DLC, since by that time it was late-“early July”… :frowning:

(R_Shackelford) #233

I’d say it’s more like Bethesda can’t properly handle all the awesome of the PS3.

Slogging through the crap performance of all the expansions to get 100% is your true test. :wink:

(R_Shackelford) #234

Mine is next Thursday. Leos Brink it on!

(Jack6) #235

Hi, guys.
I started to play Brink yesterday and I enjoyed it with bots, so if my ****ty connection allows, it would be great to play with some humans.

QUOTE=Jonesy2700;356546

Edit: Which time zones do you play on? I’m running GMT+1 myself, so I’m probabl well out of sync with you Americans (Then again, I guess it wont matter much, seeing as the chat-room probably has a bunch of folks at various times)[/QUOTE]

I’m in the GMT+1 zone, too!

(Shinigami) #236

OP, can you send me a friend request and invite to chatroom please. im seriously tired of playing against bots.
PSN: Shinigami_B06__

EDIT: anyone else who also has chatrooms, an invite would be very much appreciated

(Super-Pangolin) #237

[QUOTE=R_Shackelford;358310]I’d say it’s more like Bethesda can’t properly handle all the awesome of the PS3.

Slogging through the crap performance of all the expansions to get 100% is your true test. :wink:[/QUOTE]
The fact it runs a lot better on PC leads me to believe you may be having me on… you say that PS3 > FO3, but a good PC > PS3, and a good PC > FO3? :eek:

As for 100%… no thanks. I’m on to my sixth console in just over 2 years, and I’m trying everything possible to avoid damaging this one… that means avoiding hard resets like the plague.

(R_Shackelford) #238

[QUOTE=Super-Pangolin;358706]The fact it runs a lot better on PC leads me to believe you may be having me on… you say that PS3 > FO3, but a good PC > PS3, and a good PC > FO3? :eek:

As for 100%… no thanks. I’m on to my sixth console in just over 2 years, and I’m trying everything possible to avoid damaging this one… that means avoiding hard resets like the plague.[/QUOTE]

Nah, just saying it wasn’t well optimized for the PS3. Don’t know about the 360.

And christ… six PS3s in two years? I had my 80GB soft-BC crap out after about three years, but I fixed it and traded it in. My 80GB no-BC is still going fine (but it’s mainly a Netflix machine for the bedroom now, got a slim 320GB late last year when the first one crapped out).

I’d recommend giving your machine more ventilation. I think it dissipates heat better if it’s upright as well. And once you’re out of warranty, pop the console open once or twice a year and clean out the dust.

(Super-Pangolin) #239

First few didn’t get much breathing room, but the last couple have had all the ventilation in the world - they’ve just sat on top of a desk. I keep my room dusted/vacuumed every month, but I’d have no idea how to go about cleaning out the dust…

Luckily not a single one has lasted a year yet (worst was a fat 80gb that lasted one month, best was my first slim lasted 11 months) as the warranty says, so the repair/replacement company has remained compliant and happy enough to deal with it… or they’re just being super nice haha.

(thesuzukimethod) #240

quick ? to both of you (and anyone else with ps3 and experience with their lifespan). is the sony extended service worth it? (i think it’s 44.99 for 2 years (with PS+), starts after the 1 year warranty ends). I live in one of the hotter/dustier parts of the continental US, and while i have a modified case fan (usb powered) set to turn on whenever the ps3 turns on, im a little worried about overheating and dust and short life.