PS3 Users - I need Brink friends

(QUIK420) #201

Taking a break from Brink (sorta) till the DLC is out ill be on U3. But as soon as its here im back on baby!

(RabidAnubis) #202

Hey!

RabidAnubis here! I’ll be on after DLC is up!

(BallsPartyof2) #203

OK, I sent out invites to the new guys. I’ll send you the chat rooms tonight.

1. I am asking everyone that if your not playing Brink to please exit the chat rooms. I would like the participants list to show who is really on and playing in matches. I can’t possibly have every single player on Brink on my friends list to tell if they are really playing or left themselves in the chat.

2. If you are in a chat room and see someone join, please as quick as you can send a invite to the chat room. Yes it sends it to everyone but it can be furstraiting to be asking and waiting for an invite and nothing happens. I also ask to have a little paitence when joining the chat rooms. If you happen to join the chat while the match is in the middle of loading, the invite can take a minute or 2.

Good games last night. I played for a few hours and it was fun to play against my normal Brink crew. It seem like I was droppen a couple of you guys with 1 clip. Gota love that Carb 9/Richie. See ya on tonight.

(gooey79) #204

Would be nice if human Engineers would defuse just one mine that I’ve spotted. Just one. Only got a few trophies left until Platinum and this looks to be the only one I won’t get. Lol.

(thesuzukimethod) #205

yeah. you got me (more than) a few times. should be around tonight as well.

I’ll try and figure these out myself, but:

–can anyone who is in the chat (permanently, as in they can always log back in) invite new people to the chat rooms, or is that what this thread is for?
and
–how do you invite the entire chat to the match? (basically is this in the brink menu or in the chat menu)?

(will be glad to do my part) 8v8!

(digitalzero) #206

[QUOTE=thesuzukimethod;355449]

–can anyone who is in the chat (permanently, as in they can always log back in) invite new people to the chat rooms, or is that what this thread is for?
and
–how do you invite the entire chat to the match? (basically is this in the brink menu or in the chat menu)?

(will be glad to do my part) 8v8![/QUOTE]

1. you can invite people to the chat from your friends list.
  2. Once you are in a game, you select ‘invite’. It will allow you to choose ‘from chat’.

(BallsPartyof2) #207

[QUOTE=thesuzukimethod;355449]–can anyone who is in the chat, invite new people to the chat rooms?
and
–how do you invite the entire chat to the match?[/QUOTE]

Everyone, please feel free to invite who ever you want to the chat room. Again the more chat room invites that are sent out the better chnace of full games. Infect everyone you can. If you run into random players, ask them if they have or know about the chat rooms. Send them invites. I don’t own the chat rooms so feel free to do what you want.

To invite players that have joined the chat room, just hit the start button, go down to invite friend, it should then give 3 options, select from your friends list, chat room and I think the third is you can type in a players ID. When you select chat room, it will show a list of chat rooms that you are currently in. Thats the key. You have to be in the chat room in order to send invites. Hope this helps. Can’t wait for tonight given if the DLC does come out today.

(Oschino1907) #208

“Infect everyone you can.” - BallsPartyof2

Whoa whoa whoa there, what exactly are you getting at with that?!?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha You just make it too easy! :smiley:

(thesuzukimethod) #209

thanks guys - will do. i prob would have figured it out, but easier to know what I’m looking for

(BallsPartyof2) #210

[QUOTE=Oschino1907;355479]
Whoa whoa whoa there, what exactly are you getting at with that?!?! [/QUOTE]

I’ll ass you all about it tonight. :stroggbanana:

(Oschino1907) #211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrRE1LDY_U

First 10secs are the best, butt the whole bit is hilarious!

(BallsPartyof2) #212

Sorry, did not make it on last night, new album came out and took up all my time. Will be on for sure tonight. No DLC I take it :frowning:

(QUIK420) #213

Ive been inviting a few random people to the chat to try and expand our community.

And yes Balls you are right…no DLC :frowning:

(BallsPartyof2) #214

Right on Quik, thanks. I got a few randoms the other night but I had a few beers in me and foregot to send them out.

Well, ya see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members!
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

(Jonesy2700) #215

Hello there…

I finally learned that public opinion is not to be trusted… I bought this gem of a game and I am in love all over again.
I’m a sucker for team based shooters - so this title is right down my alley… Also, I played the original E.T for eons and tried Quake Wars a bit… I’ve been looking into a way to get around the utter lack of human players in Brink, but it seems that you lot have all the work cut out for me by using these rooms… (untill SD gets off their collective asses and introduce a lobby)

I’d be honored to join the chatroom / invite thingy, if it’s a possibility. ATM I’m away from my ps3 for a little less than a week - but when I get back, I am most definately going to be playing again.

If anyone would be so kind as to drop me an invite, it’d be great.-Otherwise I’ll go about joining the room by hitting up one of you lot when I get back home.

On a side note - I’ll probably be donning a light medic / operative. I’m not a fantastic shooter, so I may as well prove useful as a tactician / support class.

Edit: Oh ****, I forgot – PSN ID: Jonesy2700 (obviously)

(tangoliber) #216

[QUOTE=Jonesy2700;356379]Hello there…

On a side note - I’ll probably be donning a light medic / operative. I’m not a fantastic shooter, so I may as well prove useful as a tactician / support class.[/QUOTE]

Medic works great as a support class. Sometimes you don’t really have an opportunity to shoot as a medic, because you are just constantly running from one revive to another.

Don’t worry about not being a fantastic shooter though… everyone is pretty much equal in this game in terms of gunplay. When it comes to a duel situation where two players are using the same gun…it really comes down to connection… who is closer to the host, I guess. (Though occasionally it can come down to decisions regarding reloading, taking cover, or grenades…but the point is that everyone can aim and track with the maximum efficiency that the game allows, so there really aren’t “elite” shooters and “scrub” shooters.)
I don’t mind this…it makes the game primarily about teamwork. And in games where gun skill really matters, you have the experienced players t-bagging and calling the weaker players scrubs… haha. But in this game, most people seem to understand that no individual “pwns” or “gets pwned”…because the fact that they died or killed was really out of their control.
(Though a team as a whole could “pwn” or “get pwned” I suppose)

Anyway, welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

(Jonesy2700) #217

That’s why the game appeals to me. Less lone wolf K/D ratio whorage - more teamplay and strategy. Also, I’m absolutely addicted to the micro management of guns, looks, classes, abilities and whatnot. I may have to reset my skills, cause I’ve been speccing into a lot of things all at once… (that, or reroll since I managed to issue “joker” scars to my security dude. But a mask covers that nicely :wink:).

I’ll try’n parade the this thread on N4G and see if I can add some folks to the community, if you lot don’t mind…?

(digitalzero) #218

Welcome, Jonesy!

(BallsPartyof2) #219

Great fun last night! Lots of games, full games. :smiley:
For a while there I think we had 2 or 3 games going on with the chat rooms n all.
Sorry about the drama I caused last night. Did’nt mean to rape your ears guys. :eek:
I’ll put myself on mic restriction tonight. :cool:

(Jonesy2700) #220

Thanks Digi’ :).

Balls – what you’re saying sets a big fat smile on my face. I can’t wait to get some actual “human” games down! Best I’ve had so far is 5/8 humans…

Edit: Which time zones do you play on? I’m running GMT+1 myself, so I’m probabl well out of sync with you Americans (Then again, I guess it wont matter much, seeing as the chat-room probably has a bunch of folks at various times)