Post your weapon skins from locked cases

(Ptiloui) #41

@Djiesse said:

@PorkyPerson said:
Oh my god, I just noticed that the event cases actually have boosted drop rates. Normal cases have lower rates on silver(17.5%), gold(5.2%), and cobalt(0.7%).

So after this “generous” event cobalts go from 1.1% down to 0.7%.

It’s pretty considerable.

To have a 50% chance you need to open 62 event cases. After the event that goes up to 98. That’s $154 during the event or $244 after the event, and you only have a 50% chance.

The CoreSEC, KMA and Royal Force cases are NOT event cases, they are the first series of “standard” weapon cases and their drop odds are not related to the ongoing event. The two different sets of odds are for cases bought (unlocked) vs cases dropped randomly at the end of matches (which you need to unlock with a key). So you have two options:

• Buy weapon cases with better odds of higher rarities (B=64.7/S=26.3/G=7.9/C=1.1)
  • Buy keys and wait for random cases to drop with slightly worse odds (76.6/17.5/5.2/0.7)

Keep in mind the second option is half the price of the first one, but you also don’t get to choose the “brand” of the case and have to wait to get lucky with a drop…

Hum, am i the only to think this is completely stupid and unfair ? I perfectly know this isn’t the case here in Dirty Bomb, but this is exactly the kind of differences we usually see in P2W games, where odds for things you buy right from the store (so with real money or more expensive) are better than things you have to grind for hours in game. It’s like if Elite Cases from the store had better odds than those you drop from Asrenal Crate.

Buying things from the store is already an advantage compared to having to grind for hours and relying on rng. No need to make odds better for buying customers.

(DB Genome editor) #42

@Ptiloui said:
Hum, am i the only to think this is completely stupid and unfair ? I perfectly know this isn’t the case here in Dirty Bomb, but this is exactly the kind of differences we usually see in P2W games, where odds for things you buy right from the store (so with real money or more expensive) are better than things you have to grind for hours in game. It’s like if Elite Cases from the store had better odds than those you drop from Asrenal Crate.

Buying things from the store is already an advantage compared to having to grind for hours and relying on rng. No need to make odds better for buying customers.
Except in this case the two alternatives are not grind vs pay, both unlocked cases and keys can be bought with real money or event currency at the same 1:2 cost ratio, so both sets of odds are available whether you take the grind route or the pay one. The question is: do you want to pay more (cash or cheers) for slightly better odds, a specific case version and instant gratification, or for half the price go for slightly worst odds combined with having to wait for a random case to drop? But in the end, whether you buy your case or key with event currency or real money doesn’t change your odds, absolutely no P2W or advantage for cash-paying customers here.

(Ptiloui) #43

@Djiesse said:

@Ptiloui said:

Except in this case the two alternatives are not grind vs pay, both unlocked cases and keys can be bought with real money or event currency at the same 1:2 cost ratio, so both sets of odds are available whether you take the grind route or the pay one. The question is: do you want to pay more (cash or cheers) for slightly better odds, a specific case version and instant gratification, or for half the price go for slightly worst odds combined with having to wait for a random case to drop? But in the end, whether you buy your case or key with event currency or real money doesn’t change your odds, absolutely no P2W or advantage for cash-paying customers here.

I find it funny because :

@Djiesse said:
Except in this case the two alternatives are not grind vs pay…

Then…

@Djiesse said:
… so both sets of odds are available whether you take the grind route or the pay one

Is it grind vs pay or isn’t it ?
Reading you, the simple fact that both cases don’t have the same odds doesn’t put those cases in competition, as if they are two different products.
And in some way, you are right : locked cases are a big “F* U” to players. Because we have to play for hours and hours (speaking of that i still didn’t drop any CoreSec case, but i already have 5 RoyalForce and 1 KMA cases, as if they didn’t weigh the same), pray rngesus to drop the case we’re interested in, buy the key in the store, and still have worse chance to get the shiny thing we want than someone who doesn’t even have to play the game ?? That’s the exact definition of “unfair”.

And if you consider that in a more or less far future, we would be able to sell those skins on the market, that’s even more unfair, because wealthier players (those who can spend 5€ per case) will have more chance to get more valuable skins, making them even more wealthy.

And here, we’re only talking about rarity because we don’t even know the odds for finishes. And i wouldn’t be surprised if finishes odds are also better in unlocked cases than in locked ones.

(Esaka) #44

Enjoy my horrendous shites guys. Hope you can survive.

EDIT: With new CoreSEC skin.

(DB Genome editor) #45

@Ptiloui said:
Reading you, the simple fact that both cases don’t have the same odds doesn’t put those cases in competition, as if they are two different products.
That’s exactly what it is! You have a more expensive product with better odds and more control for the buyer (you can pick the exact “brand” you want and you get it now), and a cheaper product with lesser odds and a dependency on luck (getting the right case to drop). You can’t seriously expect the same odds from opening a dropped case with a key you bought for 1250 Cheers than you would from a case you bought for 2500 Cheers, would you?

When I say it’s not “grind vs pay”, I mean that SD is not giving an advantage to one or the other because both products are available for cash (pay) and through “free” event currency (grind) and the relative costs are the same for both purchase options (2 keys = 1 unlocked case). Cash buyers have no advantage whatsoever over people buying using event currency. You don’t want to wait for the case you want to drop? Take your Cheers and buy the damn unlocked case! You’ll get half as many that way, but instant gratification + better odds. But in the end it’s the exact same choice that cash customers face: buy 2 keys with my $5 or a single unlocked case? Their odds won’t be any better because they buy with cash, it’s what you buy that makes the difference (two different products at different prices), not how you buy it.

(Ptiloui) #46

@Djiesse said:

@Ptiloui said:
That’s exactly what it is! You have a more expensive product with better odds and more control for the buyer (you can pick the exact “brand” you want and you get it now), and a cheaper product with lesser odds and a dependency on luck (getting the right case to drop). You can’t seriously expect the same odds from opening a dropped case with a key you bought for 1250 Cheers than you would from a case you bought for 2500 Cheers, would you?

Why wouldn’t I ? Honestly, i thought the higher price was only here to balance the fact you don’t have to bother with waiting for it to drop (which can take ages), not because it had better odds.

@Djiesse said:
When I say it’s not “grind vs pay”, I mean that SD is not giving an advantage to one or the other because both products are available for cash (pay) and through “free” event currency (grind) and the relative costs are the same for both purchase options (2 keys = 1 unlocked case). Cash buyers have no advantage whatsoever over people buying using event currency.
You don’t want to wait for the case you want to drop? Take your Cheers and buy the damn unlocked case! You’ll get half as many that way, but instant gratification + better odds. But in the end it’s the exact same choice that cash customers face: buy 2 keys with my $5 or a single unlocked case? Their odds won’t be any better because they buy with cash, it’s what you buy that makes the difference (two different products at different prices), not how you buy it.

Of course it’s not how, because the only way to get those products (cheers put aside because they’re only available during this event) is by cash. And when it comes to cash, the last thing people want is to feel screwed. That’s why a lot of players keep asking for being able to choose their loadout for Special Edition Mercs case (Javelin and Guardian ones for the most recent)

Furthermore, if you expect people to choose, you should state clearly the differences because they should know exactly what they’re buying. And here, there’s absolutely no way to know the different odds between unlocked cases and locked ones prior to drop one (assuming each weapon case type have the same odds, can’t check right now). Heck, you’re not even able to know there IS a difference !

If SD wants each case to be different, ok. But make it really clear. Don’t expect people to assume there are different (im the perfect example here). You could state on key’s description that locked cases have slightly worse odds if it’s too difficult to make a link to related cases. Then I think I would be okay if SD states the exact odds of dropping each case and odds for each finishes.

(DB Genome editor) #47

@Ptiloui said:
Furthermore, if you expect people to choose, you should state clearly the differences because they should know exactly what they’re buying. And here, there’s absolutely no way to know the different odds between unlocked cases and locked ones prior to drop one (assuming each weapon case type have the same odds, can’t check right now). Heck, you’re not even able to know there IS a difference !

If SD wants each case to be different, ok. But make it really clear. Don’t expect people to assume there are different (im the perfect example here). You could state on key’s description that locked cases have slightly worse odds if it’s too difficult to make a link to related cases. Then I think I would be okay if SD states the exact odds of dropping each case and odds for each finishes.
Got to say I’m 100% behind you on that aspect: the case info should show the complete breakdown of the odds, not just rarity but also finishes. And if the dropped cases all have the same standard odds profile, then those rarity/finish odds should also be part of the keys details in the store.

(Your worst knifemare.) #48

A fine looking gun for a fine medic.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #49

yuck

(PorkyPerson) #50

@OwynTyler said:
I wanted felix but got dreiss instead T_T

The AR? I wanted both of those or the Hollunds. Most of the skins look pretty bad, but the Winter Hollunds looks great. Not sure about the DAR or FELIX, but I like them both.

Could you post the Dreiss please?

@Lord_Coctus said:
A fine looking gun for a fine medic.

One of my two favorite Sparks cards would look swell with that.

@Lord_Coctus said:
[Royal Force FELIX]
I don’t know if I should be happy about getting something not the lowest rarity, or disappointed because of what it is.

I’d use it. I think a lot of people wanted it. Too bad there’s no market.

@l2c said:
The christmas tree case:
[Winter KEK]
Just need a Crotzni skin now, and I have one for every Phantom loadout ;D

Same thing with this last winter case. It’s not my favorite, but I’ll use it to cover up one of the Ranked 3(aka Zapper / light gun) skins if I ever use Bush.

(PorkyPerson) #51

@Djiesse said:
The CoreSEC, KMA and Royal Force cases are NOT event cases, they are the first series of “standard” weapon cases and their drop odds are not related to the ongoing event. The two different sets of odds are for cases bought (unlocked) vs cases dropped randomly at the end of matches (which you need to unlock with a key). So you have two options:

• Buy weapon cases with better odds of higher rarities (B=64.7/S=26.3/G=7.9/C=1.1)
  • Buy keys and wait for random cases to drop with slightly worse odds (76.6/17.5/5.2/0.7)

Keep in mind the second option is half the price of the first one, but you also don’t get to choose the “brand” of the case and have to wait to get lucky with a drop…

I fixed my original post. I think you’re right that they will keep unlocked cases for $4.99 and keys for $2.49.

However, I would never recommend buying a unlocked cases, it’s way better to buy two keys. Two cases gives you a better chance of getting rare skins and also it gives you two skins no matter what. Both cost ~$5. The only advantage of buying unlocked cases is that you don’t have to play the game at all to keep opening them.

I made a table. It might be a little confusing, but it demonstrates the advantage of locked cases. The first column gives the overall chance for one unlocked case. The second column shows the overall chance to get one of that type if you open two locked cases. The second “locked” column shows you your chance of getting more than one of that type. The last column is just the odds on a locked case for reference.

1x unlocked 2x locked 1x locked
% to get 1 % at least 1 % to get 2 % to get 1
bronze 64.7% 94.5% 58.7% 76.6%
silver 26.3% 31.9% 3.1% 17.5%
gold 7.9% 10.1% 0.3% 5.2%
cobalt 1.1% 1.4% 0.005% 0.7%

Perhaps the most interesting thing here is that for the same price you’ll get something above bronze 35.3%(100% - 64.7%) of the time with 1 unlocked case or 41.3%(100% - 58.7%) with 2 keys for locked ones.

(OwynTyler) #52

@PorkyPerson said:

(DB Genome editor) #53

@Esaka @“Mr.Cuddlesworth” what sort of potato config are you using? Even on minimal settings those skins shouldn’t look so blurry / washed out. Here’s what I get for the Ahnuhld with average settings:

Still not a great skin, but at least you can tell apart the foregrip and the barrel and it doesn’t look like a 8x8 texture stretched over the whole model…

Any skin would look like garbage with those settings :wink:

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #54

I use some old square monitor that came with my pc…need to upgrade

(PorkyPerson) #55

@OwynTyler said:

@PorkyPerson said:

Hey, that looks pretty good!

(FalC_16) #56

Reading all of this since i could care less about these skins leads me to a conclusion that locked cases should be unlockable by an ingame currency permanently and not just for cheers that are available only with this event.

For those who are willing to spend cash on the unlocked cases it should be guaranteed pristine with rng rarity at least.

It makes no sense to buy keys at this point as the chance of getting shite is sky high. Hell I would not buy the unlocked case too as the chance of getting shite is just almost the same.

So far I unlocked 3 cases with cheers. I didnt even get a gun that I play. Thats a big nope from me considering i am one of the paying customers.

(Esaka) #57

Again, the game seems to be trolling me when I thought I was done, here’s another KMA!

(Bluesquid0630) #58

Has anyone even gotten a cobalt yet? Like, at all?

(DB Genome editor) #59

@Bluesquid0630 said:
Has anyone even gotten a cobalt yet? Like, at all?

I actually had a teammate with the Cobalt Blishlok (CoreSEC “Vindicator”) last week B)

(auwi) #60

I got a scarred hochfir from a RF case, realized there are some good uses for it