OpenWolf

(Mateos) #121

For a game… you need an engine. Kind of first step :stuck_out_tongue:

(Dragonji) #122

Agreed, but if you aim to a specific game, you don’t waste your time on another titles :tongue:

(Dushan) #123

I am only coder and project leader, because of that reasons, whole project is my :slight_smile:
Currently I am trying to provide testing build of OpenWolf (same name of project) recreated in Torque3D engine with one recreated map (Seawall Battery).

(Mateos) #124

I would like to have your motivation and determination, I would have already released my first map from scratch already x)

(Dragnadh) #125

this is the same engine as yours right?
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE5ODk
says openwolf

(Dragonji) #126

[QUOTE=Dragnadh;406452]this is the same engine as yours right?
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE5ODk
says openwolf[/QUOTE]
http://unvanquished.net/wiki/index.php/Engine_features

(Dushan) #127

Sorry for me late reply.
Ye its fork from my OpenWolf, but I have left IDTech3 world to others and moved to other engine and continued with my work there. :slight_smile:

Just show that I am still alive and to share my little progress with new forked engine.
It took me some time to understand and learn Torque3D engine and see what stuff it need to be implemented in order to be more F2P friendly :).

So far my progress on engine was :

• Updated and fully integrated Bullet Physics (based on bullet-2.81-rev2613 from official repo) on “Free Template” provided by Torque3D.
    I can say that it is much better the Newton Dynamics integration what I had in old OpenWolf engine. I have thought about PhysX template and PhysX physics engine inside Torque3D, but PhysX isn’t really Radeon friendly and because of that reason I have choose to update Bullet Physics.

P.S. you cannot build Torque3D with Bullet Physics by default on game template on Torque3D without tweaking little code.

• FMOD sound system integration inside Torque3D with “fmodapi44206win-installer” and FMOD Designer. Both based on 4.42.06 :slight_smile:
    Like name say everybody know what is that :slight_smile:

• XBox 360 controller integration. Very similar with stuff what I had inside OpenWolf engine with similar key configuration.

• Two renderers (DirectX9 and OpenGL 2 inside engine. Client can check what renderer it want’s to use inside “options”. At this moment AMD don’t support Radeon 4000 series on Windows 8, so I don’t have drivers on system, but on my latest revision code OGL renderer is working correctly but it need more updates.

• Master Server support. Don’t know what to say there. Nothing special about that. :slight_smile:

• Authentication System. Using real 1024 bit RSA Encryption. System like GUID and RSA key identification, along with Master Server system is backbone for every multiplayer game.
    Whole system is extremely similar like in OpenWolf GUID master server. There are two authentication servers inside engine hosted on for example “xxx1” and “xxx2” location. One master server and other is fail-safe in case that master server is offline for unknown reason.

There are more little stuff changed/added but nothing serious. :slight_smile:

I can provide screenshots of working stuff inside engine :), so far I have uploaded two screenshots

(Dushan) #128

One more update.

This is something what I wanted to do while working with IDTech3/4. I have managed to complete it now and add it into my new engine :slight_smile:

To share little info. This is basic register/login/logout stuff. Client on game load must register his name, RSA key and his email in order to proceed further. :slight_smile:

I will add more stuff into registration module like “Clan Name”, “Clan Tags”, “Clan Avatar”, “User Picture”, “User Avatar” … Possibility to join other clans if client don’t want to register new clan … stuff like that :slight_smile:

New Demo recordings menu.

(Mateos) #129

All that new stuff will be editable through the game after the registration step? Could it lead to some stats profiles?

(Dushan) #130

Yes, you can edit your profile. I want to provide rank and progression statistics. :slight_smile:

Little updates to account verification and login :slight_smile:

(Dushan) #131

New screenshots of ocean inside my “Seawall Battery” recreation inside new engine :slight_smile:

(zbzero) #132

this is just amazing!!

(Mateos) #133

o.o

No word… to explain…

(And… on beach side? ^^’)

(Dushan) #134

Map isn’t finish so except ocean and flat land, there is nothing :slight_smile:

Just to show you few pictures and log of working OpenGL renderer :slight_smile:

Pictures

LOG

I cannot upload here log for some unknown reason for me, so I have upload full log on pastebin
EDIT: Added better log

http://pastebin.com/RswBqg5R

There are still some glitches with OpenGL renderer like its shown on picture.

(rorgoroth) #135

N’awww :frowning:
Good luck with this new project though, it looks nice visually, I shall keep an eye on what you get up to, always interesting to see your work :cool:

(Dushan) #136

[QUOTE=Psykorgasm;407946]N’awww :frowning:
Good luck with this new project though, it looks nice visually, I shall keep an eye on what you get up to, always interesting to see your work :cool:[/QUOTE]

This is my latest work at this moment :slight_smile:

Iron Sight with eye offset =]
Some people don’t like it, some do. I just think that its OK to have it :slight_smile:

Edit : Added log

http://pastebin.com/Mp5Fx4ha

(Dushan) #137

This is improved SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) inside OpenWolf.
In this pictures you can see one picture without SSAO effect, one picture with SSAO effect and one with Ambient Occlusion Masking.

NOTE: All pictures are taken from in-game.

(Dragnadh) #138

Any recent update? It’s been 2 weeks+ since the last update.

(poVoq) #139

Ahh, those are some nice additions to Torque3D, are you planning to feed this changes back up-stream into the main repository? I am sure the Bullet intergration and OpenGL support would be highly appreciated by other Torque3D users too.

(harry-sachz) #140

Looking good :slight_smile: