OpenWolf

(dutchmeat) #341

Ah an auto-updater, good.
Although I suggest you do it before the game has started(perhaps the startup console), so it doesn’t have to start up the game when you need to restart it anyway.

(Mateos) #342

Maybe some kind of frontend for the aesthetic aspect then?

(squirtsoda) #343

I have a question, I read elsewhere you will be replacing the Xreal renderer with the doom 3 one, from directly the released source or whatever iodoom3 makes of it. Couple things, first off, you currently have two renderers being supported, the et one, and the xreal one. I think since the doom3 one maybe more STABLE than the xreal one, it honestly isnt as capable in terms of what it can do graphically. It doesnt currently have opengl 3.2 support, and the xreal renderer shows promise. So if you are still planning to do this, I was wondering if you might do one of 2 things. You could support just the doom 3 one and the xreal one, the doom 3 one can be scaled so that most gpus from even 10 years ago can handle it, and the xreal one is superior in terms of graphics fidelity, it is however in more of an alpha/beta stage which leads me to my second option that I suggest to you. The second option is you could support all 3, this would be most flexible for those all around, scaling it for comps even older than 10 years and leaving room for even modern comps with xreals opengl 3.2 support. Just some ideas.

(rorgoroth) #344

[ 99%] Building C object CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/botlib/l_struct.c.o
[100%] Building C object CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/qcommon/dl_main_curl.c.o
Linking CXX executable OpenWolf.i386
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/client/cl_main.c.o: In function `CL_InitRef':
cl_main.c:(.text+0x8853): undefined reference to `CM_PointContents'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_game.c.o: In function `SV_EntityContact':
sv_game.c:(.text+0x66c): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_game.c.o: In function `SV_GameSystemCalls':
sv_game.c:(.text+0x376d): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
sv_game.c:(.text+0x37f7): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_init.c.o: In function `SV_SpawnServer':
sv_init.c:(.text+0x1064): undefined reference to `CM_LoadMap'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_world.c.o: In function `SV_ClipToEntity':
sv_world.c:(.text+0xaa2): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_world.c.o: In function `SV_ClipMoveToEntities':
sv_world.c:(.text+0xc9f): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_world.c.o: In function `SV_Trace':
sv_world.c:(.text+0xe47): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/server/sv_world.c.o: In function `SV_PointContents':
sv_world.c:(.text+0x10b1): undefined reference to `CM_PointContents'
sv_world.c:(.text+0x1186): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedPointContents'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/client/cl_cgame.c.o: In function `CL_CgameSystemCalls':
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x2247): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x22d1): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x238b): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedBoxTrace'
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x2415): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x2456): undefined reference to `CM_TransformedPointContents'
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x2477): undefined reference to `CM_PointContents'
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x254d): undefined reference to `CM_LoadMap'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/client/cl_cgame.c.o: In function `CL_CM_LoadMap':
cl_cgame.c:(.text+0x2a5c): undefined reference to `CM_LoadMap'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/client/cl_parse.c.o: In function `isEntVisible':
cl_parse.c:(.text+0x78e): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
cl_parse.c:(.text+0x806): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
cl_parse.c:(.text+0x861): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
cl_parse.c:(.text+0x8f1): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
cl_parse.c:(.text+0x99f): undefined reference to `CM_BoxTrace'
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/client/cl_parse.c.o:cl_parse.c:(.text+0xa51): more undefined references to `CM_BoxTrace' follow
CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/qcommon/cm_test.c.o: In function `CM_TransformedPointContentsOLD':
cm_test.c:(.text+0xac2): undefined reference to `CM_PointContents'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [OpenWolf.i386] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/client.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Almost!

(Dushan) #345

For Doom3 renderer it isnt impossible to use that inside any IDTech3 project, its just bloody hard to make that wish came true.

You need to include “cm_api.cpp” file inside your cmake configuration. That file represent bridge between old WolfET and Doom3 collision model (you can read .CM file where collision model data is stored ofc if “#define USE_OLD_CM” is turned off).

I have upload my code on GitHub - https://github.com/TheDushan/OpenWolf , so you and everybody else can check there. BTW. just to tell Linux compiling is fixed at least compiling client modules. Compiling dedicated server and update server is still broken. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
P.S.
Update server don’t work without versionmap file :slight_smile:

(Dushan) #346

One little update :slight_smile:

New water textures :slight_smile:

(Indloon) #347

Yep, but you need to add:

[ul]
[li]3D animation wave based on environment. ( Physically corrected XD )[/li][li]Whitecaps on the waves and shallow water area.[/li][li]Use deferred water rendering -> http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/graphics-programming-and-theory/rendering-water-as-a-post-process-effect-r2642[/li][/ul]

I quote Crytek chiefs quote about water color:

http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC2/Water+Shader

And yes, the water part is most time consuming D:

E: Why do You use shaders definations in client code (cg_view) ? :smiley: It wouldn’t be GPU shaders then, but CPU based shaders :?

(Dushan) #348

This is my first initial revision and addon of FMOD sound system inside OpenWolf :slight_smile:

Whole sound system is based on plugins “s_usemodule” to “1” if you want to use any model, and then configure “s_module” to “openal” for using OpenAL sound module or “fmod” for using FMOD sound module.

(Dragonji) #349

Good to see the project is not dead!

(Eugeny) #350

Hey!
How your progress?

(Dragonji) #351

It’s dead and buggy, Dushan abandoned this project. A new game called Unvanquished uses parts of this code but with huge improvements.

(TheDushan) #352

[QUOTE=Eugeny;533652]Hey!
How your progress?[/QUOTE]

Hello guys, long time.

I left OpenWolf in broken stage on GitHub.

For some time I was tempting to continue with development and to fix everything and to add rest of things what I did there (Android port (you can find some of my old videos of OpenWolf with RTCW module working there)

I don’t know what is the pulse of community about this game.
but there is 95% chance that I will fully revive old engine

(Dushan) #353

[QUOTE=Eugeny;533652]Hey!
How your progress?[/QUOTE]

Hello guys, long time.

For some time I was tempting to continue with development and to fix everything and to add rest of things what I did there (Android port (you can find some of my old videos of OpenWolf with RTCW module working there)

but there is 95% chance that I will fully cure my engine from all disease :slight_smile:

They don’t use parts of my code, they use whole fork of my OpenWolf (just some other revision)

(KeMoN) #354

Welcome back, Dushan! It’s always nice to see familiar faces return.
I’ve always been interested in your plans for this project, but after the chat in IRC where you pointed out specifics, I’m just too curious. I’m really looking forward to your next announcements and closer insights!

Cheers

(Eugeny) #355

[QUOTE=Dushan;537524]Hello guys, long time.

but there is 95% chance that I will fully cure my engine from all disease :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]
In vain left the project

Some projects of our Russian community:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/20913-The-next-Russian-Modification-SP-for-RTCW
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/32348-Test-retexture-of-RtCW
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/33595-Two-new-SP-released-by-Yo-amp-hik
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/42573-Flying-Saucers-(SP-levelpack)-by-Depro777
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/42025-Age-of-Horror-(SP-levelpack)-by-Vicpas

(Dushan) #356

[QUOTE=Eugeny;537624]In vain left the project

Some projects of our Russian community:

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/33595-Two-new-SP-released-by-Yo-amp-hik
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/42573-Flying-Saucers-(SP-levelpack)-by-Depro777
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/42025-Age-of-Horror-(SP-levelpack)-by-Vicpas[/QUOTE]

Thank you for links I will check it soon :slight_smile:

Not really. I have secretly continued to work on OpenWolf

So far I have used new GFX api and created new renderer layer.
With that API I can use DirectX9, DirectX11 and DirectX12 (WIP) on Windows and OpenGL 2.1, OpenGL 3.1+ on Unix platforms without any problems.

I was using BGFX API, this is part of console log.

I have also added possibility that engine check capabilities of your GPU and to set best renderer himself.

Watch closely on log
you will see there

BGFX Running in multi-threaded mode
BGFX WARN Direct3D12 device feature level 11.1.
BGFX D3D12 GPU Architecture (num nodes: 1):
Renderer backend: Direct3D 12.0

OpenWolf 0.31 win_msvc-x86-debug Aug 26 2015
Have SSE support
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
d:\My Projects\idTech3\OpenWolf\main
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptsp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcrypt.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rsaenh.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shfolder.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shfolder.dll’

0 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing owconfig.cfg
com_zoneMegs will be changed upon restarting.
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
Trying to load “renderer_bgfx_x86.dll” from “d:\My Projects\idTech3\OpenWolf\build\bin_x86”…
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘D:\My Projects\idTech3\OpenWolf\build\bin_x86\renderer_bgfx_x86.dll’. Symbols loaded.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140d.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DCompiler_47.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

OWKEY found.
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- Renderer Init -----
SDL using driver “windows”
Initializing display
Display aspect: 1.250
…setting mode 6: 1024 768
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\PROGRA~2\Raptr\ltc_help32-99265.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\XInput1_4.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x1460 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\XInput1_4.dll’
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (2145): BGFX Init…
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (982): BGFX Creating rendering thread.
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (1925): d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (991): BGFX render thread start
BGFX Running in multi-threaded mode
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (551): BGFX Adapter #0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (555): BGFX Description: AMD Radeon ™ R9 200 Series
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (561): BGFX VendorId: 0x00001002, DeviceId: 0x00006811, SubSysId: 0x048d1043, Revision: 0x00000000
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (566): BGFX Memory: 2125094912 (video), 901826105060925440 (system), 730533495847513636 (shared)
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (551): BGFX Adapter #1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (555): BGFX Description: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (561): BGFX VendorId: 0x00001414, DeviceId: 0x0000008c, SubSysId: 0x00000000, Revision: 0x00000000
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (566): BGFX Memory: 0 (video), 901826107185752064 (system), 730533495847513636 (shared)
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3D12.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp110_win.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dxgi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rmclient.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rmclient.dll’
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d12SDKLayers.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DXGIDebug.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdxc32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdxc32.dll’
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdxc32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdxc32.dll’
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (624): BGFX WARN Direct3D12 device feature level 11.1.
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (663): BGFX D3D12 GPU Architecture (num nodes: 1):
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (674): BGFX Node 0: TileBasedRenderer 0, UMA 0, CacheCoherentUMA 0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (683): BGFX D3D12 options:
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (684): BGFX TiledResourcesTier 1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (685): BGFX ResourceBindingTier 3
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (686): BGFX ROVsSupported 0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (687): BGFX ConservativeRasterizationTier 0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (688): BGFX CrossNodeSharingTier 0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (689): BGFX ResourceHeapTier 2
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (760): BGFX WARN 02837468 RefCount is 75 (expected 0).
‘openwolf.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dcomp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (915): BGFX CheckFeatureSupport failed with 80004005 for format R1.
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (903): BGFX Supported capabilities (renderer Direct3D 12, vendor 0x1002, device 0x6811):
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_TEXTURE_COMPARE_LEQUAL
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_TEXTURE_COMPARE_ALL
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_TEXTURE_3D
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_VERTEX_ATTRIB_HALF
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_VERTEX_ATTRIB_UINT10
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_INSTANCING
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_RENDERER_MULTITHREADED
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_FRAGMENT_DEPTH
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_BLEND_INDEPENDENT
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (908): BGFX BGFX_CAPS_COMPUTE
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (912): BGFX Supported texture formats:
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (913): BGFX ±-------- x = supported / * = emulated
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (914): BGFX |±------- sRGB format
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (915): BGFX ||±------ vertex format
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (916): BGFX |||±----- image
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (917): BGFX ||||±---- framebuffer
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (918): BGFX ||||| ±- name
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [xl ] BC1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [xl ] BC2
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [xl ] BC3
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x ] BC4
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x ] BC5
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x ] BC6H
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [xl ] BC7
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [* ] ETC1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [* ] ETC2
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [* ] ETC2A
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [* ] ETC2A1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [ ] PTC12
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [* ] PTC14
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [ ] PTC12A
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [* ] PTC14A
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [ ] PTC22
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [ ] PTC24
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [ ] R1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] R8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] R16
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] R16F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] R32
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] R32F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RG8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RG16
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RG16F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RG32
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RG32F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [xlv f] BGRA8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [xlvif] RGBA8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RGBA16
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RGBA16F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RGBA32
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RGBA32F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x if] R5G6B5
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x if] RGBA4
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x if] RGB5A1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] RGB10A2
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x vif] R11G11B10F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D16
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D24
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D24S8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D32
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D16F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D24F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D32F
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (932): BGFX [x f] D0S8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (937): BGFX Max FB attachments: 8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 0) bgfx_clear_color
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3595): BGFX Texture 0: R8 (requested: R8), 2048x24 RT[ ], BO[ ], CW[ ].
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3690): BGFX texture total size: 49152
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3839): BGFX Update subresource 49152
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3413): BGFX Vertex Shader consts 1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3474): BGFX predefined: u_modelViewProj (mat4), num 0, r.index 0, r.count 4
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3413): BGFX Fragment Shader consts 0
vertexdecl f77889eb (08bf664f), stride 28
attr 0 - Attrib::Position, num 3, type 4, norm 0, asint 0, offset 0
attr 4 - Attrib::Color0, num 4, type 0, norm 1, asint 0, offset 12
attr 5 - Attrib::Color1, num 4, type 0, norm 1, asint 0, offset 16
attr 8 - Attrib::TexCoord0, num 2, type 4, norm 0, asint 0, offset 20
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3413): BGFX Vertex Shader consts 0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3413): BGFX Fragment Shader consts 1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3474): BGFX user: bgfx_clear_color (vec4), num 8, r.index 0, r.count 8
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3413): BGFX Fragment Shader consts 1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\renderer_d3d12.cpp (3474): BGFX user: bgfx_clear_color (vec4), num 8, r.index 0, r.count 8
vertexdecl 7d56e3f3 (bfd2d60f), stride 12
attr 0 - Attrib::Position, num 3, type 4, norm 0, asint 0, offset 0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp (2174): BGFX Init complete.
Renderer backend: Direct3D 12.0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 1) u_DiffuseMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 2) u_LightMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 3) u_NormalMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 4) u_DeluxeMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 5) u_SpecularMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 6) u_ShadowMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 7) u_CubeMap
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 8) u_Color
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 9) u_BaseColor
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 10) u_VertColor
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 11) u_NormalScale
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 12) u_SpecularScale
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 13) u_EnableTextures
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 14) u_ViewOrigin
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 15) u_LocalViewOrigin
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 16) u_DepthRange
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 17) u_Generators
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 18) u_DiffuseTexMatrix
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 19) u_DiffuseTexOffTurb
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 20) u_TCGen0Vector0
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 21) u_TCGen0Vector1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 22) u_AmbientLight
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 23) u_DirectedLight
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 24) u_LightOrigin
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 25) u_LightRadius
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 26) u_ModelLightDir
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 27) u_PortalRange
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 28) u_FogDistance
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 29) u_FogDepth
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 30) u_FogEyeT
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 31) u_DeformParameters1
d:\my projects\idtech3\bgfx\src\bgfx_p.h (3115): BGFX Creating uniform (handle 32) u_DeformParameters2
]/editor
Trying to load “system/editorx86.dll”…
Loaded system/editorx86.dll.

Also in my work I have integrated editor in-game (as shown in picture)
Idea was similar as in IDTech4 engine.

I have left BSP compiler (engine it supporting loading BSP files) and move to loading map source (.MAP)

Editor is working very like this …
You start game/engine, type “/editor” load map and have fun :slight_smile:
In my mind that was perfect thing and it will allow mappers and modelers more control and easier things much

(Eugeny) #357

Dushan Very Good :wink:

(Dushan) #358

Finally I found some free time.

Now I have continued with developing OpenWolf, and add things what I learned while working with idTech4, Torque3D and Unreal Engine 4.

Two more things are important and what I need to say…
I am not supporting anymore stock ET mods, because of other changes what I made.

I have added full support for Bullet Physics, drivable vehicles and I have added libRocket UI and with that I have merged “cgame” and “ui” modules into one common module.

In some my older revision I also have support for “Oculus Rift” device, just “DK1” version (it is still in experimental status), I say experimental because it was pain in the ass to test and I don’t have any way of testing that on the new device and with updated SDK …

All other old features of my OpenWolf are “supported”, but now after few years I doubt in many of them and I think that many of them are not needed.

P.S. I have all videos and photos if needed proof :slight_smile:

(KeMoN) #359

That’s a shame, but on the other hand, maintaining support for standard ET and its mods limits your development possibilities strongly.
That just means we can expect even more unique features?
Do you have a homepage, blog or modDB page where we can follow development and read more about your plans (roadmap, changelog, etc)?

Cheers

(Dushan) #360

[QUOTE=KeMoN;537642]That’s a shame, but on the other hand, maintaining support for standard ET and its mods limits your development possibilities strongly.
That just means we can expect even more unique features?
Do you have a homepage, blog or modDB page where we can follow development and read more about your plans (roadmap, changelog, etc)?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I broke compatibility just for one reason…
Sometimes we need to end with old ways and move on new level
For mod support, for every mod what I have source code (ETPub, some revision of NQ …) I will update it with changes what I made and offer it to others.

Just sometimes we need to draw line …

I still don’t have website and my code is located on GitLab :slight_smile: