OpenWolf

(Gir) #321

Does this support MD5Mesh files ?

(Dushan) #322

Yes, just not in the way like ET

Ofc :slight_smile: you would know if you checked code :slight_smile:

(Gir) #323

OK, but they don’t work in-game, I tried testmodel in console, but crashes the game, and tried func_static/misc_model.

This is the Model (Mecha hitler)

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=25450&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=718e9b4cacd4246d218dab608862a651&start=140
http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/download/file.php?id=804

(Dushan) #324

[QUOTE=Gir;401558]OK, but they don’t work in-game, I tried testmodel in console, but crashes the game, and tried func_static/misc_model.

This is the Model (Mecha hitler)

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=25450&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=718e9b4cacd4246d218dab608862a651&start=140
http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/download/file.php?id=804[/QUOTE]

ET is reading models little different then rest of IDTech3 based games. ET is reading character definitions for .char file :slight_smile:

(Indloon) #325

Yes, but the .char file is for in-game player character, which is referenced from classes as far I have understanded it from SDK. :smiley:

I think the best way to test a model, is use SDK here.

First make a command, what saves current location to the gentity_t struct.

It is needed, because otherwise we don’t know where the model spawns.

Link entity using the model and call it out using command in console.

g_cmds.c is the best place for this :slight_smile:

Btw Dushan, how about removing the bot code, it is annoying to see that :smiley:

Well,I will do it myself, when I get that cmake compiler -.-

(Gir) #326

[QUOTE=Indloon;401582]
Btw Dushan, how about removing the bot code, it is annoying to see that :smiley:
-[/QUOTE]

Or Fix the Bot Code, ?

(Mateos) #327

When you have Omni-Bot…

(Dushan) #328

Bots and botlib is still there because in my branch I have experimental code with Q3 and Urban Terror game logic :slight_smile:

(Gir) #329

The Doom 3 bot code is much more advanced, the engine also compiles all the AAS code, without the need for bspc
as well as Map Files without q2map

(Dushan) #330

[QUOTE=Gir;401599]The Doom 3 bot code is much more advanced, the engine also compiles all the AAS code, without the need for bspc
as well as Map Files without q2map[/QUOTE]

yes, but Doom3 is loading maps from source, there is no need to compile maps. Nobody is saying that there are more advantages in IDTech4 engine over IDTech3 engine, but you need to understand that its very hard to merge changes from Doom3 (or any other IDTech4 based game) into WolfET (or any other IDTech3 based game).

(Indloon) #331

Blame Carmack for being such a intelligent programmer :smiley:

For some reading:
http://fabiensanglard.net/doom3/index.php

Gives a nice overview of Id Tech 4

(Dushan) #332

One update :slight_smile:

I have fully working auto update server for ET/OpenWolf :slight_smile:

(CoD4Fun) #333

I was never a fan of autoupdaters

(rorgoroth) #334

Me either, unless it at least offers to make a backup before the update is applied. Is this a possibility Dushan?

(etuiplayer) #335

who care lol.

(etuiplayer) #336

[QUOTE=Dushan;402231]One update :slight_smile:

I have fully working auto update server for ET/OpenWolf :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

autoupdate should be did with no asks like it s ie in mozilla firefox.

(CoD4Fun) #337

Then who care about OpenWolf lololol

“Who cares” is btw not your own opinion. I am pretty sure you will never understand what i just said :stuck_out_tongue:

(etuiplayer) #338

[QUOTE=CoD4Fun;402236]Then who care about OpenWolf lololol

“Who cares” is btw not your own opinion. I am pretty sure you will never understand what i just said :P[/QUOTE]

duschan shouldn t take ur opinion serious,bcoz if he did,openwolf has same problem like wet…

(CoD4Fun) #339

They probably didn’t tell you. But I AM THE TRUTH ^^ So if Dushan does not take truth serious, he will have some serious problems … :smiley:

(Runeforce) #340

I know you (Dushan) said the cmake system is broken. But I tried it anyway, and it went pretty far. Actually, I managed to generate the makefiles (after a little help from google and especially finding Findxvid.cmake, which is needed and was not a part of my cmake package.)

But issuing make fails (this is from the source code, as it was released a couple of weeks ago):

[ 35%] Building C object CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c.o
/home/rune/src/Source Code/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c: In function ‘SignalToString’:
[B]/home/rune/src/Source Code/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c:736:8: fejl: ‘SIGBREAK’ undeclared (first use in this function)[/B]
/home/rune/src/Source Code/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c:736:8: bemĂŚrk: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
/home/rune/src/Source Code/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c: In function ‘Sys_WritePIDFile’:
/home/rune/src/Source Code/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c:228:8: advarsel: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/client.dir/src/engine/sys/sys_main.c.o] Fejl 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/client.dir/all] Fejl 2
make: *** [all] Fejl 2

Any help or ideas?

On the positive side, (the pre-compiled) OpenWolf runs flawslessly under Wine!