OpenWolf

(IndyJones) #241

it takes time to get used to, but after few days u just don’t want to go back to old style.
maybe it’s not the best when you want to play more ‘professional’, but it’s extremely immersive. and that’s why i love it.

there are few DIY mods that makes it comfortable for long sessions as well.

(Shownie) #242

@ Stealth6: I am aware of that. But as we can see in this modding community, there are a lot of talk about, this is stolen from there and this was copied and pasted, and such more.

I personally don’t have anything against open source projects. But as I see it, a open source project should not be forked or taken as base for a new project… UNLESS it has that purpose. Is that well said? :slight_smile:

I mean, ETPub has sort of become the base of every new MOD. Why not join the pub team and developing from there? No need to start a new topic here :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile: GPL is good, I don’t deny :slight_smile:

(Dushan) #243

One new photo :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #244

Seeing it, wondering if you will change the texture rendering mode possibilities?

(zbzero) #245

Any news of the project???

(Dushan) #246

Ye, I am still alive, and I have new updates for OpenWolf:)

I have managed to get connected OpenWolf with Google Translate API v2.

Little more info about features :

Whole process of translations is based on URL, and cvar system.
Engine is capable to hook on Google API site and based on configuration in cvars to detect and detected text to translate on the fly without problems.

To get anything translated to defined output lang. you can just type “/cl_translation 1” inside console, and use “translate <text>” so you can translate text accoring to translateInputLang and translateOutputLang. Ofc whole displaying translation message is based is FreeType fonts where you can load Unicode fonts :slight_smile:

cl_translateInputLang = Cvar_Get ("cl_translateInputLang", "auto", CVAR_ARCHIVE);
	cl_translateOutputLang = Cvar_Get ("cl_translateOutputLang", "en", CVAR_ARCHIVE);
	cl_translateAuto = Cvar_Get ("cl_translateAuto", "0", CVAR_ARCHIVE);

Code example :slight_smile:

if (!strcmp(cl_translateInputLang->string, "auto")) {
		strcpy(InputLang, "");
	} else {
		strcpy(InputLang, cl_translateInputLang->string);
	}

if (!strcmp(cl_translateOutputLang->string, "auto")) {
		strcpy(OutputLang, "");
	} else {
		strcpy(OutputLang, cl_translateOutputLang->string);
	}

url[0] = '\0';
	strcat(url, "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ something :) :) :) );

if (received_name) {
		Com_sprintf(ShowFinMsg, "^2Translated^7[^2%s^7]^2: ^7%s^3%s
", detected_lang, received_name, final);
	} else {
		Com_sprintf(ShowFinMsg, "^2Translated^7[^2%s^7]^2: ^3%s
", detected_lang, final);
	}

And ofc, this isnt full code :slight_smile:

Now about problem :slight_smile: Well, if you want to use Google API translation, we would need to pay for API integration, $20 per 1 M characters of text (Translation) and $20 per 1 M characters of text (Language Detection).
I personally believe that this feature will be for test build only defined as API_TRANSLATE inside code and not compiled with it. (To tell truth, if we want this feature inside Openwolf I believe that I will have to pay for that or to get donations, so this be included into working state into build …)

Second feature what I have introduced along with Translation is Unicode font system inside OpenWolf.
Unicode system is based in cvar and fully customized. User can specify color, font, shadows, line, font size, alpha, position … Fully customize system :).

(Dushan) #247

One more update :slight_smile:

I finally got UPDATE SERVER working inside OpenWolf. I can tell you that was pain for me to get it working.
I will share three pictures here and explain how it is working.

On first picture, you can see that OpenWolf Auto Update server is live and working :slight_smile:

2nd attached picture is with update server running while 3rd attached picture is without update server running
You can clearly see, that on 3rd picture (without update server running) auto-updater address isn’t resolved and cvar “cl_updateavailable” isnt set.
Also update server didn’t response with “updateResponse” command.

Currently auto update server is working like dedicated :slight_smile:
People will get OpenWolf.exe, OpenWolf-Dedicated.exe and brand new OpenWolf-AutoUpdate.exe.
Engine is already capable to have up to 5 update servers like with master servers.

Update server only allows files that are in config file to download and what are located inside “/update” folder.
In autoupdate config file as version mapping, there must defined platform, version and installer name.
And ofc maximum of supported versions is 128 and that number is hardcoded into engine.

I can even provide UI popup with new update available so client can just click on it and download new version without any problems.

(poVoq) #248

Unicode support is awesome, but I agree… that google api integration is not really worth it as a permanent feature.

Nice to have an auto-update server too btw.

(Gir) #249

Are you still working on a new ET Graphical User Interface,

Where can i find latest Openwolf builds/source

(Shownie) #250

Off topic: this is under development in ETFrag Mod. The goal is to create all new assets and make it look more modern but keeping the vanilla as base.The loadingscreen and limbopanel is also in the list.

Cheers :slight_smile:

P.s. Sorry for bumping!

(Mateos) #251

Not really bumping, but advertising your mod in an other mod’s thread ^^’ It is not nasty but can be seen like this :confused:

(Shownie) #252

Well the part UI part of my mod is not in any competition with OpenWolf project. So I can’t agree that I am advertising my own mod. More announcing that a new User Interface is being made.

When I finish it I will gladly share it with the community. I was more or less answering the question. But I can’t answer for a other project, though it is made in a other one.

So? Am I still advertising my mod? Or am I still bumping this thread? :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #253

Not bumping since the discussion was on UI and the thread still active; Or if you have a different definition for the word bumping :confused:

I used advertising instead because:

1. A user ask if the UI is going to be reworked in OpenWolf.
  2. You answer in your mod it will be.
  3. And, as a final point, you even give your mod name, so a guy who wants a different UI will look for ETFrag since it isn’t done yet for OpenWolf.

I don’t want or mean to hurt or get in troubles, I see your point, but maybe not everyone have the same point of view as you or me :slight_smile:

If it is still not clear, maybe try through PM to not spam the thread? Or Xfire, would be even better, see my sig :slight_smile:

(iDan) #254

So much hard work has gone into this project, it’s unreal. All these advanced features are amazing and I can’t even think to get my head around them. You will see this mod get a lot more attention soon as I mentioned it in an interview regarding our mod.

(Shownie) #255

Now iDan is advertising too?

Sure he does not mention his mod name. Bad bad bad.

Well, as I said, I will share the UI I make, so that means it can be part of OpenWolf. What if I mention it was done for my mod, I AM SO TERRIBLE SORRY!

To make things clear:

I AM MAKING A NEW USER INTERFACE! THE CODE AND ASSETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE! IT CAN BE USED IN EVERY MOD/PROJECT!

I AM SORRY FOR BEING IMMATURE AND CHILDISH, JUST MAKE UP FOR THE BAD ADVERTISING!

(iDan) #256

[QUOTE=Shownie;397890]Now iDan is advertising too?

Sure he does not mention his mod name. Bad bad bad.

Well, as I said, I will share the UI I make, so that means it can be part of OpenWolf. What if I mention it was done for my mod, I AM SO TERRIBLE SORRY!

To make things clear:

I AM MAKING A NEW USER INTERFACE! THE CODE AND ASSETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE! IT CAN BE USED IN EVERY MOD/PROJECT!

I AM SORRY FOR BEING IMMATURE AND CHILDISH, JUST MAKE UP FOR THE BAD ADVERTISING![/QUOTE]

xD, no way did I even intend to advertise our mod, I don’t think we actually need it as the exposure is getting big at the moment. You can see it @ many journals, columns and threads around popular websites. I was just saying, when you can support other mods as a lot of work goes into them, as you know :). We even have professional e-sport players & professional commentators who get paid a lot of money to travel and work @ LAN’s & TV shows.

Just saying, this mod has got a lot of work put into it, more than I could imagine, and with the lack of enthusiasm amongst some, Dushan will now get the publicity it deserves!

(stealth6) #257

Do you have a link? (Regarding it getting more attention)

(iDan) #258

Interview should be ready today.

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=column&mode=item&id=618

(Shownie) #259

[QUOTE=iDan;397900]Interview should be ready today.

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=column&mode=item&id=618[/QUOTE]

Well said! :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #260

You should try to get something on a site with more general gaming traffic. (crossfire.nu is a relatively small audience)

Maybe /r/gaming or another major site. To advertise that ET is still around and with a mod like the new Zombie mod or ET:Frag you might be able to spark some interest. (when it’s ready)

Might want to include a guide how to get the game running :smiley:

Same for OpenWolf, I’d really love to see the game get a second run and with the upgrades Dushan and other people are implementing the game can really compete with modern games (to a certain level) imo.