OpenWolf

(Mateos) #221

I thought the caps would have been on “I’ve nothing to add”, and a lot of people prefers to add “10chars” two line below to explain this protection limit :slight_smile:

Maybe if he had said “Nice work, keep it going, can’t wait for it!”, there would have been a different reaction :slight_smile: But the “nothing to add” may be understood like “everything has been already said from the others’ posts”.

Am I wrong? x)

(iDan) #222

[QUOTE=Mateos;394137]I thought the caps would have been on “I’ve nothing to add”, and a lot of people prefers to add “10chars” two line below to explain this protection limit :slight_smile:

Maybe if he had said “Nice work, keep it going, can’t wait for it!”, there would have been a different reaction :slight_smile: But the “nothing to add” may be understood like “everything has been already said from the others’ posts”.

Am I wrong? x)[/QUOTE]

It was my first post in this topic I was just saying my hello, I had read the previous posts and have nothing to say apart from saying to the creators that I think they’ve done really good work! When I posted it I was being optimistic and excited at this project, the good work was like, OH WOW GOOD WORK, capitals the way I expressed my feelings ;).

Have I caused some trouble or something here? lol

(Shownie) #223

I am sure no trouble is caused, just some misunderstandings. :slight_smile:

(Radegast) #224

I am really sorry for prolonging this hugely off-topic conversation, but now I finally understand why you all made such a fuss about my dots:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31997-sv_master5-quot-master0-etmaster-net-quot-Patched-Clients-and-Server?p=394999&viewfull=1#post394999

:D:D:D

(Dushan) #225

OK guys, little update :slight_smile:

Finished so far :

Fully fixed Newton physics inside OpenWolf

• There might still be problem because physics is calculated inside SV_Frame (on server level), and now I believe that it should be calculated on client (G_RunFrame) so server don’t get overloaded because of calculating physics for all clients (64 MAX). At time when this was stuff was added, I didn’t know that it might be problem.

[ul]
Maybe in some next release I will move all that inside qagame.
[/ul]
Increased “sv_fps” to 60

[ul]
Because of Newton Dynamics calculation
[/ul]
Fixed problems with map entities

[ul]
Now you cannot move over and in map entities (like boxes, tanks … ). That was really annoying bug for me
[/ul]
Some mathematical functions was badly written
Major code cleaning and reformatting
Fixed Sys_PrintOSInfo

[ul]
Now it is fully recognizing Windows, and you cannot run game on pre Windows XP system
[/ul][B]
Added Microsoft XBoX 360 controller support for ET UI

New UI Icons and code for Xbox 360 controller

New keyboard icons for UI

Re-added experimental “Hello World” Direct3D 10 renderer for Windows platform[/B]

[ul]
Don’t expect too much from D3D renderer at this time, it’s just “Hello World” test
[/ul][B]
Fixed problems with corrupt official pak file

Fixed problems checksum calculation of pk3 files

Fixed stencil shadows inside ET vanilla renderer.

Fixed Visual Studio solution configurations

Separated MySQL connection for Master and Slave server

More work on MySQL stuff inside GPP

Re-wrote part of XreaL renderer because license problems with using GPL v3 code inside GPL v2[/B]

[ul]
I don’t know about you[reader], but I really serious understand licenses, and that was really problem to have that inside codebase
[/ul][B]
Fixed surface flags inside renderers and game logic(s)

Fixed OWMap

Re-writed Sys_DefaultHomePath[/B]

[ul]
Now default home folder is located inside (My Documents\My Games\OpenWolf)
[/ul]
Added more detail crash information for Windows platforms

[ul]
Game will not create additional folder Bugs inside (My Documents\My Games\OpenWolf) and post there additional crash information files, what you can start inside Visual Studio 2010 and debug yourself crash
[/ul][B]
Changed VS both release builds (Win32 and Win64) to generate symbols which you can use if crash happends
Fixed wwwdl exploit

Fixed “ws 999…” server crash

Fixed tcGen Lightmap and light styles inside XreaL renderer

Added possibility that engine recognize your GPU automatically and set renderer according to supported OpenGL extensions[/B]

[ul]
Example, if your GPU is supporting only OpenGL 1.1, game on start will set “cl_renderer” cvar automatically to “GL” and load ET vanilla renderer
[/ul]Currenty working :
[B]

VBO adding for ET vanilla renderer[/B]

(Mateos) #226

Sadly this BBCode isn’t the one which SD forums uses it seems :confused:

Nice changes! Would like to test it o.o

(Dushan) #227

I will provide SOON ™ some testing build, but just to warn people on some things.

• Sound system for ET is mess atm. Some sound functions are missing. (I have broke that in favor of supporting Tremulous.)
  • MODS DONT WORK. kthxbye
    [li] If you wish to get mods working inside OpenWolf, then you need to do massive update.[/li]I can help with that and provide patches, but there is problem because code is under GPL, so if you want to use it, you need to add real license (GPL) inside your mod.

Like I told, it’s testing build :slight_smile: and SOON™

(Mateos) #228

Great news!

(Infinitypl123) #229

can you give some screens of it?

(Shownie) #230

Do you mean we have to make mods open source to work with OpenWolf?

:slight_smile:

(Destroy666) #231

He means you need to make it GPL if I read correctly. So yes, a kind of open source (you need to make code available for everyone and they’re able to make new modifications out of it under GPL license too).

(Shownie) #232

That could be a problem :rolleyes:

(IndyJones) #233

i believe i asked this question before, but it hasn’t been answered.

any plans on adding stereoscopic support? 3D vision, or side by side?

(stealth6) #234

Opensource ftw!

(Dushan) #235

[QUOTE=IndyJones;395659]i believe i asked this question before, but it hasn’t been answered.

any plans on adding stereoscopic support? 3D vision, or side by side?[/QUOTE]

Not for now here. I really believe that its only good to have and that only few people will use it.

Btw. This is my latest work atm :slight_smile:
UI menu’s and fonts in-game are still ugly and looking like crap.

Support for Dual displays in fullscreen is also working. (Just I code and test game like its shown in screenshots). You can move game from display to display with new cvar :slight_smile:
Just one problem with fulscreen and dual displays. If one of your monitor have bigger resolution then other, game will set lowest r_mode settings for both displays.

(IndyJones) #236

once stereo is implemented, a lot of people will try it… just to find it what is it like. those who dont’ have vision problem will enjoy 3D :slight_smile:
once you try 3D mode, you don’t want to go back to 2D… at least i dont. :slight_smile:

playing battlefield 3 with 3D vision and sony hmz-t1 is one big experience!

(Shownie) #237

If the code was respected and not abused or anything like it, I would agree with you! :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #238

[QUOTE=IndyJones;395693]once stereo is implemented, a lot of people will try it… just to find it what is it like. those who dont’ have vision problem will enjoy 3D :slight_smile:
once you try 3D mode, you don’t want to go back to 2D… at least i dont. :slight_smile:

playing battlefield 3 with 3D vision and sony hmz-t1 is one big experience!
[/QUOTE]

I don’t think I could play as much as I do with that thing on my head, or is it comfortable?

abuse code?

(Shownie) #239

Abuse is perhaps wrong word. What I mean is that people take codes or base a mod on a open source project, add maybe one to three new features, rename it and then release as a own new project. I just don’t think that is right. Why not keep developing the “main” source.

:slight_smile:

(stealth6) #240

[QUOTE=Shownie;395705]Abuse is perhaps wrong word. What I mean is that people take codes or base a mod on a open source project, add maybe one to three new features, rename it and then release as a own new project. I just don’t think that is right. Why not keep developing the “main” source.

:)[/QUOTE]

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IWantCredit