OpenWolf

(iDan) #261

[QUOTE=stealth6;397908]You should try to get something on a site with more general gaming traffic. (crossfire.nu is a relatively small audience)

Maybe /r/gaming or another major site. To advertise that ET is still around and with a mod like the new Zombie mod or ET:Frag you might be able to spark some interest. (when it’s ready)

Might want to include a guide how to get the game running :smiley:

Same for OpenWolf, I’d really love to see the game get a second run and with the upgrades Dushan and other people are implementing the game can really compete with modern games (to a certain level) imo.[/QUOTE]

Crossfire is the biggest gaming community for ET, even bigger than this website by far, and SD worked on the game :P. Do not worry though, it’s not just on that site!

Also, people are lazy in 2012, nobody wants minutes of setting up, which is why people buy consoles, it’s easier & cheaper in many aspects. They just work and do as they should, no config edited to get a better FPS, everyone has same speed & settings.

Hard to find a community interested in an old game, but we shall try!

(stealth6) #262

But that’s what I mean it’s an ET community site, therefore they’re already playing ET (or are aware of the game). Try looking for people outside of the ET scene.
As for the installing aren’t there some super installers out there? I saw lots of talk about installers in the masterlist topic.

(iDan) #263

[QUOTE=stealth6;397914]But that’s what I mean it’s an ET community site, therefore they’re already playing ET (or are aware of the game). Try looking for people outside of the ET scene.
As for the installing aren’t there some super installers out there? I saw lots of talk about installers in the masterlist topic.[/QUOTE]

There is ;), @ tutorials section @ Crossfire.nu there’s some.

I would need to make 1 for ET:Z when it’s complete though I guess unless they feel like updating it with our mod ;).

(Dushan) #264

Here you go guys, working autoupdate server :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #265

Well done :slight_smile: This syncing system will avoid any version issue, that’s one less issue/mistake :slight_smile:

(Dragonji) #266

I assume the same goes for client?

(Dushan) #267

[QUOTE=Indloon;385760]Wow,impressive manipulation:)

I really like this effect,but only thing what must remade is water,it looks like their is oil.

You should take a look of GLSL usage of OpenGL.

//youtu.be/Vaejt83B1pY

If you can do it and add to Openwolf,I will give you high-five:)

E:then theres a something on what to make a mod…[/QUOTE]

I got this :slight_smile:

[video=youtube_share;zFnu3E7m2I8]http://youtu.be/zFnu3E7m2I8[/video]

(Dushan) #268

In next two photos, you can see new water effects in map “Warbell”.
This is only demonstration and it might be changed.

(Gir) #269

[QUOTE=Dushan;398882]In next two photos, you can see new water effects in map “Warbell”.
This is only demonstration and it might be changed.

[/QUOTE]

You really need to find a proper GLSL Artist

(Dushan) #270

EDIT: There is no such thing as GLSL artist. There is only artist. Like I told in that post. its only demonstration and it might be changed (but its big improvement then what was there before, if you dont believe, you can always check). But I guess that you failed to see that and posted something just to be smart and without proper reason.

I really need to find ARTIST :slight_smile:
There is no problem with GLSL files, only with textures and shaders :slight_smile:
And I hate game assets (textures, shaders …)

BTW. If you can create better, please do :), I will use “better” what you create :slight_smile:

(Gir) #271

[QUOTE=Dushan;398937]BTW. If you can create better, please do :), I will use “better” what you create :slight_smile:

I really need to find ARTIST :slight_smile:
There is no problem with GLSL files, only with textures and shaders :slight_smile:
And I hate game assets (textures, shaders …)[/QUOTE]

The Traditional ET maps e.g. Warbellls are created by good Artists, its not a good idea to apply modern features to them like Real Time Lighting and GLSL Shaders and Water Effects. specially when they already use Lightmaps. it really makes no sense.

ETXreal 0.3.0 (no offence) was Ugly, bump maps where all wrong, textures where too sharps, all they did was photoshopped the vanilla graphics and applied too much Interpolation and completely ruined Splash damages artwork. please don’t go that root.

The maps should look as the artists intended

You should take advantage of the “BSP Version Code”, Vanilla ET maps use version “47”, ETX maps should then be “48” when it detects “48” Xreal features become Enabled, when it detects “47” it disables the Xreal Stuff, so the Vanilla Maps look NORMAL.

(Dushan) #272

Let me to worry about features what will be applied, how it will be applied and where it will be applied :slight_smile:

(Gir) #273

Is ETXRadiant fixed up ? i might start on something

(Dushan) #274

About that :slight_smile:
Just to share little more information’s and make some things clear …
Look, its simple … I have created XreaL renderer to search for “materials” and “.mtr” files there, while keeping old ET vanilla renderer with common path and file “scripts” and “.shader”. In that way, for vanilla renderer I can keep compatibility with old shaders what vanilla renderer is supporting, while with XreaL I have new materials what is supported there (like what is shown on video and pictures and much more), and all that without increasing BSP version and keeping compatibility between supported shader’s/materials between renderers.
I believe that some that some things are clarified.

I have my own fork of DarkRadiant, but sorry I dont know about ETXRadiant and what was problems there. If you want, I can share it, but Windows build only

(Gir) #275

[QUOTE=Dushan;398946]About that :slight_smile:
I have my own fork of DarkRadiant, but sorry I dont know about ETXRadiant and what was problems there. If you want, I can share it, but Windows build only[/QUOTE]

DarkRadiant is Doom 3 Editor, i might as well use that, then a broken editor.

(Gir) #276

[QUOTE=Dushan;398946]
I have my own fork of DarkRadiant, but sorry I dont know about ETXRadiant and what was problems there. If you want, I can share it, but Windows build only[/QUOTE]

yes, share ETXRadiant.

(Gir) #277

This looks ok ? real time lighting

(Gir) #278

I managed to convert Goldrush into Doom 3/Xreal formats, i dont have openwolf so i used Doom 3.

Goldrush in Doom 3

(Radegast) #279

That’s simply awesome, Gir! :eek:

(Gir) #280

@Dushan

Here is Goldrush D3
http://www.2shared.com/file/vtqyoOzd/goldrush.html

The sky will need to change, as i don’t have any Xreal/Doom3 skies.for it.
I have no idea how VIS works in Doom 3 so the map will be slow.