Open Discussion: Possible Game Updates/Suggestions

(Dino_satan) #41

I think too many new things update in the early will ruin the taste of this game.
This game is fantastic already!!
I think just let inactive players lost and active players win all coins.
And start an Vs AI practice game without reward that let the players can play with whole list of inactive players.
And give some advantage on melee weapons which makes someone would use melee in game.
And add couple game mode in multi players.
And add chat in game.
Is very perfect.

(onecut) #42

misterskippy: i accidently refuse your challenge can you re please?

(Crozzton) #43

Hard to see what can be done about melee without ruining it. Before patch all melee had a cost of 2energy and that was just insane. Ghosted salad jammers and katanas everywhere.

(ChaosPinhead) #44

Yea but now it’s too much. You can’t efficiently attack and run with any melee weapon on any character just about. the knife is about the only weapon you can hope to “run, attack, run” with. The sword and clubs etc are all too costly on energy. The only single use for them at the moment is if you equip Juan or someone who can’t walk far, ghost, and get lucky and have an enemy end his turn standing next to you. Then you can decloak and get 3 whacks in seriously hurting an opponent. But your most likely dead next turn. Melee because of it’s need to be “in your face” needs to have a low energy cost to counter guns. I can be 4-5 squares away and spend 9-12 energy to pelt you with a cockler doing 60+ damage. Or I can spend 6 energy walking up to you, spend 5 energy for 1-50 point sword swipe and hope to god there is a corner only a couple squares away I can try to hide behind because I’m most likely dead next turn. I like the idea of using melee, but as it is, it’s just impractical. These maps are built for guns.

(Dino_satan) #45

I think maybe add up the damage. Actually it is okay not to change anything about melee weapon is fine.
We can still use gun and have a good game , I m just thinking it waste the melee weapon design with no one want to use it.

(EL-CO) #46

Melee weapons should have modest damage with lower energy cost, I think. The damage/energy could be somewhere around 12 (knife) ~ 22 (Hammer). I would suggest: ~25 damage/2 energy for Knife, ~36 damage/2 energy for Katana, ~60 damage/3 energy for Ax, ~90 damage/4 energy for chainsaw.

(Desparado) #47

High squad point matches, someday, because it might require larger maps.

Presumably longer matches, either from so many taking and holding, or more players to kill.

It was just a thought.

(Crozzton) #48

This could be the ditection to take. Melee adds flavor to the game and would really like it back.
Ghosted toons could receive a damage debuff from melee if they are still too powerful.

(Desparado) #49

Agreed, it seems gameplay is distinctive of certain toons (kate, jaun, ivan, etc), causing there to be toons and classes that never get used. It becomes slighted when you have good tactics for an engineer or a frontline soldier but are trumped. Which also plays into the recent talk about melee weapons. Hopefully, we’ll at least get a number tweak update at least soon.

(G4S) #50

As for me it would be a good idea (Catnadian) of some variations of the existing maps. With some options e.g: winter - snow-you would see the traces on the ground, so the invisible mode make no sense; autumn - heavy rain - not possible to use fireguns; summer - fog

(cesarmaurmann) #51

[QUOTE=onecut;419950]I’ll add that i could really see an “Mirror” game mode:

You choose a team (points, toons, ability, weapons, etc) and challenge someone (or matchmakinG) with the “mirror” option checked.
Your opponent will spawn with exactly the same team.

It could make sense (as an alternate gamemode) for two reasons:

• Perfectly balanced, really like chess (the game could also choose randomly who start first if needed)
  • Let’s try some weapons/toons before buying them ( since you will own for one game the same weapons/toons than your opponent )

Downside:

• playing against a LVL 1 player who don’t know how to play
  • playing against a player who absolutely don’t know how to use some abilities (less a problem than the LVL flaw)

Fix:

• Let’s make a minimum LVL requirement when setup the game: choose map, team, and min LVL

I can absolutely see me playing a lot this kind of gamemode, and the fact that player can discover some new abilities and toons can make them motivated to buy their own.[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!! Mirror gamemode :slight_smile:

Another one: ingame message, more weapons, more maps!!

(Desparado) #52

I will find the source, but someone suggested earlier in another thread, ability to have and save Soldier weapon/outfit ‘Loadout’ variants.

(C0uched) #53

Speed round, 5 - 10 min. Clock for each move. Leader boards! In game friends list/chat msg capability… Stuff! It’s awesome though, we’ll done.

(Desparado) #54

Great idea’s, pal! :smiley:

Chat has been an on-going discussion and desire since day one I[/I]. But I think we all believe it will be there some day in one form or another.

Speed Rounds sound fun! I think versions of this has been suggested, but not specifically.

Sorry guys been kinda lazy, will update list soon.

(RazerFazer) #55

Well, would like to see an andriod version

(Desparado) #56

I think this would be good as well, since that would open up to the other side of clientele.

I had an idea… Now I forgot… ugh.

(GoLean) #57

Hello,
I have a suggestion concerning the online matches. I don’t know if this topic has been brought up yet but in some occasions, the opposing player does not continue playing a game and causes a stoppage. If player A is winning the match and player B, for some reason, decides not to finish the match, player A will be at a loss for the time he spent on that particular game (especially when player A is expecting a good some of experience points and coins).
This is why I would like to suggest a “Forfeit System”, where if a player does not continue playing an online match in a given time, that player will be forced to forfeit the match, leaving the other player with the corresponding experience points and coins. For example, if a player does not respond to a match within 48 hours, that player will lose the match automatically.
Again, this system will support and benefit the players who keep coming back to RAD Soldiers to play, and hopefully make playing the online matches more attractive. Thanks, tell me what you all think! :smiley:

Best,
GoLean

(Desparado) #58

It has been an on and off again debate. Since the only resolution is to abandon the game. I do believe the match is supposed to expire if the opponent never plays a turn, though I do think I’ve seen it happen when it should have.

(Coup_de_grace) #59

Tip about melee: Melee-gun suport

While the opponent takes cover from range attacks one could place ghost melee units at expected cover spots, behind enemy lines. That way you wreck havoc in enemy positions while your forward position unit push forward. Melee combinations are difficult to execute and would require ghost ability to be effective, but if carried out well on certain advantageous areas and maps would be very lethal.

(Domm) #60

I use “Gameplan” for some games, its damn fun and good.
If DEVs are working och some kind of co-play this should be a good thing to look in to already know… it would be awesome to send strategic plans between co-player… could be made quit simple, like drawing a line with arrow and maybe set a symbol (snip, art, med etc…).

http://https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DesignerApps.GamePlan&hl=sv