Open Discussion: Possible Game Updates/Suggestions

(Desparado) #21

Right-o, a good one at that!

Let me update. :slight_smile:

Edit:
Hmm what do you think about RAD achievements; different from the Game Center. Iā€™ve always had a bad vibe with any 3rd-party statistic/achievement group. I prefer in game integration, though that begs the question of rewards for achievements.

Its a thought.

(Crozzton) #22

A Chuck Norris toonā€¦ :slight_smile:

(Roar) #23

I agree that this is a great idea. Unfortunately, the gameā€™s progression/unlock/economy system is so linear that it wouldnā€™t allow for this to be implemented well without significantly impacting the current economy negatively (from the developers stand point).

(Desparado) #24

YES.

Or, just running with your idea, temporary or fun toons (avengers, x-men, or even green toy plastic soldiers). Its just for fun, no damage difference.
I have a feeling people wonā€™t like this idea. Its just a fun twist.

-sigh- Good point, Roar. It does suck to buy a weapon and ā€œout-growā€ (out level) and then buy a better weapon, or even a weapon you hardly use. I know you can use lower level weapons because the squad-point on the weapon will allow for more characters, still I find myself using favorite weapons and the same squad pattern repetitively since it continues to work.

(Crozzton) #25

Well I see no need for the selling back thing tbh. Doing all the single player maps and and playing 5+ games a day will give you what you need pretty fast. In the beginning most ppl tend to play 20+ games a day. They have already nerfed the prices quite a bit

(Desparado) #26

I love getting on the forums and seeing 3 new posts from the mods. It means development c:

Lol I donā€™t earn cash that fast, but Iā€™ll take your word for it.

Edit:

ā€œRemind Player of Turnā€ button.

(EL-CO) #27

I would like to delete inactive game manually rather than automatically. It would be nice that you can delete a game manually if the opponent was not playing for 3 days. At the same time, if there is a chat which you can read even in the opponent turn, that would be really helpful as you can ask your opponent to ā€œplease wait for a few more daysā€.

Iā€™m against with the idea of unit leveling. I prefer the game to be purely strategic game with same units and same weapons for everyone. I donā€™t want to win for my units are more experienced than the opponent. Iā€™m happy with current purely cosmetic unit exp, but it would be nice if you can get special outfit or 1 RAD Bux for reward each time your soldiers reach to first sergeant.

(Desparado) #28

[QUOTE=EL-CO;418992]
Iā€™m against with the idea of unit leveling. I prefer the game to be purely strategic game with same units and same weapons for everyone. I donā€™t want to win for my units are more experienced than the opponent. Iā€™m happy with current purely cosmetic unit exp, but it would be nice if you can get special outfit or 1 RAD Bux for reward each time your soldiers reach to first sergeant.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d still like to play with the idea of unit leveling. But youā€™re the first to explain it quite like that, and it makes sense. Its an obvious perspective, easily overlooked. Such as chess, one wouldnā€™t want to change the rules or pieces in efforts to enhance. Forgive me previous defense on the subject, something new to consider :stuck_out_tongue:

(Desparado) #29

[QUOTE=EL-CO;418992]
Iā€™m against with the idea of unit leveling. I prefer the game to be purely strategic game with same units and same weapons for everyone. I donā€™t want to win for my units are more experienced than the opponent. Iā€™m happy with current purely cosmetic unit exp, but it would be nice if you can get special outfit or 1 RAD Bux for reward each time your soldiers reach to first sergeant.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d still like to play with the idea of unit leveling. But youā€™re the first to explain it quite like that, and it makes sense. Its an obvious perspective, easily overlooked. Such as chess, one wouldnā€™t want to change the rules or pieces in efforts to enhance. Forgive me previous defense on the subject, something new to consider :stuck_out_tongue:

(Crozzton) #30

I am with EL-CO there. Thatā€™s why I wanted a tier lvl if they make expansions where your soldiers are better than your opponents. Better soldier new tier fights :slight_smile:

(Bwade) #31

A bruce lee toooonn!!

(Desparado) #32

I think with the poll on favorite soldiers, and the sticky thread on creating your own soldier; I bet they are cooking up a new soldier in the RAD kitchen. Just observing.

It would be cool if the gave rewards for the Debut Tourny, and/or if your soldier idea got implemented. Nothing fancy, even a few hundred coins. I think the idea of being rewarded is cool and promotes a fun community. Just casual ideas here.

(Khorgan) #33

I just got my friends to download the game. Things we would like to see added to multi player first are in game chat. And some variations gameplay. Like defenders vs attackers. Weā€™re the defenders get less squad points, but have support cover. And attackers get more squad points but light cover in field. Like defending a castle sort of idea. Maybe give defenders fewer squad points and give them turrets to choose as well.

(Desparado) #34

bubble/dome shield would be a cool ability.

(Crozzton) #35

Would love commander options

Lets say you have 3 types to chose from with some abilities in common and some special to them
Could be a way of doing a theme of your grp

(Desparado) #36

Just thinking aloud, ā€œWhite Flagā€ ability in which one could resign, as in chess, when they only have one toon left and the odds are outweighed.

(ChaosPinhead) #37

You can now, you just click on options and forfeit.

(Desparado) #38

Hmm, thatā€™s true. Getting a little extravagant I guess lol

(EL-CO) #39

Currently there is no motivation to forfeit as you cannot get any reward when you forfeit. I think this makes some people just stop playing, not forfeiting when he thinks that he will lose. It will be nice if you can get small amount of coins (~20% of the total) when you forfeit, or make another option (white flag maybe) after several turn which you can get a few reward.

(onecut) #40

Iā€™ll add that i could really see an ā€œMirrorā€ game mode:

You choose a team (points, toons, ability, weapons, etc) and challenge someone (or matchmakinG) with the ā€œmirrorā€ option checked.
Your opponent will spawn with exactly the same team.

It could make sense (as an alternate gamemode) for two reasons:

• Perfectly balanced, really like chess (the game could also choose randomly who start first if needed)
  • Letā€™s try some weapons/toons before buying them ( since you will own for one game the same weapons/toons than your opponent )

Downside:

• playing against a LVL 1 player who donā€™t know how to play
  • playing against a player who absolutely donā€™t know how to use some abilities (less a problem than the LVL flaw)

Fix:

• Letā€™s make a minimum LVL requirement when setup the game: choose map, team, and min LVL

I can absolutely see me playing a lot this kind of gamemode, and the fact that player can discover some new abilities and toons can make them motivated to buy their own.