OCB World Cup 2

(fry) #281

I don’t want to know how to defend a strogg doing tormentor dive with a energy cell on last stage quarry.
No restrictions sounds like simple fun only at the first look only imo…

(Apples) #282

[QUOTE=fry;237306]I don’t want to know how to defend a strogg doing tormentor dive with a energy cell on last stage quarry.
No restrictions sounds like simple fun only at the first look only imo…[/QUOTE]

Double lock? better anansi pilot? meathshield? tank blocking the door? Missile stuff from the Field ops…

There are counter-measures… but indeed quarry isnt the best balanced map ever made :wink:

Peace

(Rex) #283

I’m looking forward to the fullhold maps :smiley:

(RipCurl) #284

[QUOTE=fry;237306]I don’t want to know how to defend a strogg doing tormentor dive with a energy cell on last stage quarry.
No restrictions sounds like simple fun only at the first look only imo…[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of countermeasures to avoid tormentor divers but the best thing is: don’t let them get this far. A lot of people still haven’t realized that Quarry ist all about defending the cell(s) not the ship. It just needs a bit of teamwork, communication and the right classes.
You can’t compare it with a public game where usually everyone is doing his own thing.

(sereNADE) #285

medic (crate) and engi (avt) at 2nd should slow strogg down a good bit :stroggbanana:

(Apples) #286

what you need on quarry is rocket launcher boiz, the bigger the better anyway, ORK style!

(Seanza) #287

I actually laughed out loud!

(fry) #288

of course it is possible to defend quarry… but locking the tormentor wit rocketlauncher will only work on 3rd cell… for all others the rocketlaunchers need too long to get back to the drop spots once they are killed
And a good tormentor flyer will be able to fly a save route too far away from any rockets that can lock him… so tormentor dive will be way to hard to stop (apart from cell 3 which can be defended very well)

What i wanted to say is that quarry is unbalanced **** and unsuitable for (semi-)competitive play. You see there is a reason it never was played in any bigger cup.

(sereNADE) #289

how does quarry play with the smaller team configs without vehicles?

(Seanza) #290

You can fullhold the 1st stage pretty easily.

(fry) #291

without vehicles the map is imbalanced as well.
As seanza said its easy stuff to defend the 1st objective for GDF.
But think of the long ways you have to walk to the energy cells and then to the ship.Without a vehicle the map is some even bigger bullxxxx.

(Ads913) #292

Dates roster and draw is now up on our site Forum WWW.OCB-SGS.CO.UK .
Currently looking for Polish Belguim dutch players to compliment our roster.

(Rex) #293

“Minimum game is 4x4 but 5x5 6x6 7x7 is ok depending who turns up.”

So the format is random?? :rolleyes:
It is impossible to make tactics with a random format, where the player numbers always change.

(RipCurl) #294

[QUOTE=Rex;237705]“Minimum game is 4x4 but 5x5 6x6 7x7 is ok depending who turns up.”

So the format is random?? :rolleyes:
It is impossible to make tactics with a random format, where the player numbers always change.[/QUOTE]

I guess youre not a spontaneous guy, huh?! Don’t take it too serious leet! More than half of the players in this tournament should be no match for you anyway :cool:

(Ads913) #295

Well lets say its more of a thinking on feet type of game.But i am sure you will adapt.

(Dthy) #296

I said im not playing, please take me off the roster

(Ads913) #297

Just a update on some of the finer details.

Ranking matches
First round information
The first round games are classed as ranking matches.
This match is not a knockout match but just important because if you lose you will play someone that has previously won.
Of course this is vice versa if you win.
Ranking matches are not knockout rounds however the next round is the start of the knockout rounds.

Registration
Users who have taken time out to register will get preference along with Taw players. However you do not need to register to play if you see your country playing you can come along and play if there is a slot. However players who have calling rights to play due to a grandparents and play for countries cannot play for 2 teams.

Servers
Although we have been offered American based servers we would like to encourage all games to be played on our Scottish based servers.
Taw has offered the use of a TV Server (Thanks Feanor).
If you want to watch the games we will publish details on our site.

First round ranking matches

Sunday 5th Sept 7:30pm Warm up and briefing Start 8pm England VS Scotland
Sunday 5th Sept 10pm Warm up and briefing Start 10:30pm ROTW B vs USA

Monday 6th Sept 7:30pm Warm up and briefing Start 8pm Spain vs.ROTW “A”
Monday 6th Sept 9:30pm Warm up and briefing Start 10pm Germany vs. Finland

Tuesday 7th Sept 10:00pm Warm up and briefing Start 10:30pm Canada vs France
Tuesday 7th Sept 7:30pm Warm up and briefing Start 8pm Wales’s vs. No mans land.

Wednesday 6th Sept 7:30pm Warm up and briefing Start 8pm Italy vs. Holland
Monday 6th Sept 9:30pm Warm up and briefing Start 10pm Poland Vs Belgium.

Sponsorship

If you feel you can offer some prizes or some cash to our tournament please contact me Ads913@gmail.com

(Ads913) #298

When did you first ask cause i missed it.

Your gone removed.

(Dthy) #299

[QUOTE=Ads913;237730]When did you first ask cause i missed it.

Your gone removed.[/QUOTE]

On page 7 here, about halfway down

(treefrog) #300

I wanna play.