New SP Map - test map of the addon for rtcw

(W0lfMan) #41

Now finished in 25 minutes, without secret areas.

I found two places where the player can get stuck. You can walk along the wire to the light poles, then you can land on the open gate, then you can fall between the alarm guard station (small, red and white) and the gate.

Second place you can get stuck is on the rail line, all the way at the end, by the house where there is a guard inside. Jump on the bumper (buffer stop) and you get stuck between it and the flatbed rail car.

I suggest you add clip brushes in these two places to stop the player from falling in and getting stuck.

(Dialog) #42

Hi all
Soon Iā€™ll upload the archive, so you can make a test.

I donā€™t understand difficult or not. :frowning: For the average player.

Note: no description. Two tasks.

• to penetrate beyond the perimeter of the base
  • capture maps

Would love to see a video. Thanks

Attention. The pk3 is updated.
DOWNLOAD

(William Faure) #43

[QUOTE=Dialog;490104]Hi all
Soon Iā€™ll upload the archive, so you can make a test.

I donā€™t understand difficult or not. :frowning: For the average player.

Note: no description. Two tasks.

• to penetrate beyond the perimeter of the base
  • capture maps

Would love to see a video. Thanks
DOWNLOAD

[/QUOTE]

Looks nice @Dialog. Iā€™m downloading it - I will play it soon, donā€™t worry. Youā€™re doing an amazing work. :smiley:

(ronboy) #44

Dialog, is this map another ā€œmandatory stealthā€ like station was?

(Dialog) #45

@ ronboy - no

(vicpas) #46

Hello, Dialog.
Did you already correct all on map Station?

(Dialog) #47

@Vicpas - Not yet. But soon fix that.

(W0lfMan) #48

I finished this yesterday.

Overall, itā€™s very well done. I liked the part where you climb the ladder and the roof of the building blows up. I might incorporate that sequence into one of my next maps.

Some problems:

1.) Building walls are too thin, meaning that weapons and health packs can be picked up by walking against the outside of the wall.

2.) There is a building next to the gate and truck at the end of the map that has a caulked gable and it is visible to the player.

3.) Missing textures. No doubt vicpas has already emailed you screenshots for these.

4.) Regarding difficulty: not a problem until the papers were retrieved and the final truck approached. Until then, game play was challenging but still fun. You might consider removing some of the mauser rifle units and/or some of the MP40 units. Removing units would also improve the frame rate, which drops dramatically during this part of the game.

5.) I canā€™t climb through broken windows, and that limits the amount of fun that I can have while playing this game.

6.) The game tells me there are two secret areas, but they donā€™t exist. This caused me to waste time looking around.

(Dialog) #49

Hi all
@Wolfman - The pk3 has been updated. Updated script. Added Shader.

1. ok
  2. ok
  3. Information is not available.
  4. Maybe we should do.
  5. pk3 has been updated

Thanks

(Eugeny) #50

Š„Š¾Ń€Š¾ŃˆŠ°Ń Š¼Š°ŠæŠ°, Š’Š¾Š²Š°!

3++ Missed textures

Do not understand that it was necessary, other than taking the document

(Dialog) #51

Now corrected. But it seems to be standard texture. :rolleyes:
Airbase even better :slight_smile:

pk3 update

(vicpas) #52

Hello, Dialogā€¦
You have reason about standard textures, but some textures existing in GtkRadiant program, were used only on multiplayer mode and not in single player ā€¦
They are found only on mp_pak0.pk3 file and not on the pak0.pk3 file and then occurs the error (missing textures), when we play some addons.
I made various patches to correct this error on other old custom addons.
So if you use these textures, it is necessary to put them and respectives shaders files in your custom pk3 file. .

(Dialog) #53

Hello Vicpas.
Ok.I added in the pk3 missing textures and shaders.

I donā€™t use GtkRadiant :cool:

(ronboy) #54

Hello, Dialog. I have played your forest map. Here are my findings and opinions:

• Many of the doors need their sounds fixed. Many of them have a wood sound, despite being made of metal. One of them has no sound.
  • It would be great if your releases were in English, and not only Russian.
  • The map is quite difficult, mainly because the enemies are together in large groups, and are a little too accurate with their weapons.
  • If you donā€™t want to fix the number of enemies and their accuracy, then place more health in the map.
  • The documents that need to be stolen are untextured.
  • I liked when one of the soldiers throws a grenade into the room with the documents.
  • I think the line of dialogue for the soldiers at the parachute with the Thompson should be altered. Maybe replace ā€œI really think we should go investigateā€ with ā€œWhat? Whatā€™s this los? Mein Gott!ā€
  • Once again, you have many empty and unnecessary files and folders inside the pk3 file. If theyā€™re not being used in the map, they need to be removed.
  • I liked the effect of the building roof being blown up by a panzerfaust.

I enjoyed this map, despite it being quite difficult. I hope my testing was helpful. :slight_smile:

(W0lfMan) #55

Here is the strategy I used for when you approach the second and final group of buildings. The gate opens, and many soldiers come out to shoot at you.

So you need to take cover in the small house where the officer was looking over the table. At this point you should have the sniper scope too, so just break out the window and take up a crouching position there to fire on the soldiers.

(Dialog) #56

Hi Ronboy
I was interested in the complexity of the passage. (eng sounds and text - will the full version).

(agerix) #57

Nice maps Dialog.
Do you have in archive some x-labs or catacombs lvls ?

(Dialog) #58

Thk Agerix

And catacombs and laboratories, all have :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #59

Wolfman, thatā€™s a great idea. Personally, I hide on the side of the building thatā€™s to the left of the gate, and kill the oncoming soldiers with the Thompson or sten. But your strategy sounds nice too. :smiley:
Dialog, thatā€™s good to know. There are many Rtcw players that understand English, but not Russian.

(vicpas) #60

I think that could make two versions Russian and English.