New SP Map - test map of the addon for rtcw

(vicpas) #21

Despite the stealth mode is hard to play, I like this alternative.

(ronboy) #22

[QUOTE=W0lfMan;489285]

@ronboy: you actually can just run around shooting everyone, as long as you first take out the alarm or the guy who pulls the alarm. ;-)[/QUOTE]

That’s true, but the “alarm brush trigger” that you mentioned discourages me. I think that bug should at least be fixed before I decide to keep this map on my hard drive.

(InterruptoR) #23

I downloaded the fixed version… and passed for 2:30 :rolleyes:

[video=youtube_share;MrPcc6shq9Q]http://youtu.be/MrPcc6shq9Q[/video]

(Dialog) #24

Thank you all for the test. The first time nobody has gone map for even 5 minutes is good… :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #25

Nice map @Dialog - had a lot of fun playing, really enjoy this kind of maps, thank-you for this amazing work. :smiley:

(ronboy) #26

That’s because you rushed through the map. Where’s the fun in rushing through a map?

(Dialog) #27

I am also a supporter of the silent passage. I love to listen to the conversation. :slight_smile:

(Dialog) #28

This map is just one of 30. Patience. :slight_smile:

(InterruptoR) #29

Do you prefer to pass that long? I have already spent a couple of hours to study design and the behavior of bots. So pass at the maximum speed is much more interesting, especially because map allows it.

(.Chris.) #30

Lots of people enjoy getting through maps as quick as possible.

Anyway map looks rather nice, interested to see your other maps too, keep up the good work.

(ronboy) #31

Interruptor, yes, I prefer to take my time when going through a sp map. In my opinion, rushing belongs to players of mp, not sp.

Dialog, same here. I love watching and listening to the AI as they follow their scripts. :slight_smile:

Chris, thanks for the explanation. I figured the video above could be classified as a “speedrun”.

(PuNkReAS*) #32

To test the map but no luck. When filling the “empty” map comes on, no sound, no enemies, no landmarks. How do I load it to work?

(Dialog) #33

@ tzs - Everything should be fine.

(Dialog) #34

Hi all!
Share your opinion please. This is a good forest?

and

(InterruptoR) #35

Good, it looks like a medieval style:)

(ronboy) #36

Great work with the amount of detail for the forest. Rtcw needs more detailed outdoor maps, although this is a very difficult task for the mappers.

(W0lfMan) #37

Go visit a forest to see what it looks like. The way that the plants are arranged in a forest is by no means random.

The forest can be quite the hostile environment to new life. Of course the center of the forest has the oldest trees, and they are the tallest, and they are usually close together. The canopy blocks sunlight, and their leaves that they drop block the soil, making it extremely difficult for new trees to grow in. New trees can only grow in where a tree has died and fallen.

The edge of the forest is where you will find more diverse plant life. Here you will find the shrubs and bushes and shorter trees. All the short plants are at the edge of the forest because the canopy isn’t blocking so much sunlight.

(Dialog) #38

W0lfMan -
we’re talking about games :slight_smile:

(W0lfMan) #39

Well, you did ask if it was a good forest. So I thought you meant good like something you might actually see out in the world.

(ronboy) #40

[QUOTE=W0lfMan;489570]Go visit a forest to see what it looks like. The way that the plants are arranged in a forest is by no means random.

The forest can be quite the hostile environment to new life. Of course the center of the forest has the oldest trees, and they are the tallest, and they are usually close together. The canopy blocks sunlight, and their leaves that they drop block the soil, making it extremely difficult for new trees to grow in. New trees can only grow in where a tree has died and fallen.

The edge of the forest is where you will find more diverse plant life. Here you will find the shrubs and bushes and shorter trees. All the short plants are at the edge of the forest because the canopy isn’t blocking so much sunlight.[/QUOTE]

You seem to be knowledgable with forestry. Maybe you should put that to good use by making a Rtcw map in a forest. :wink: