Map rotation (12 maps) Server config?

(DrFunkenstein) #21

I’ll see if I can come up with something that works for me locally and post it here.

Dr. Funkenstein

(GUFX) #22

That would be great.

Thank you!

(Assassin4004) #23

Doesn’t the addon.conf need all the vanilla map checksums in the addonDef section? Or is that only true with custom maps?

~Assassin4004

(DrFunkenstein) #24

[QUOTE=Assassin4004;540009]Doesn’t the addon.conf need all the vanilla map checksums in the addonDef section? Or is that only true with custom maps?

~Assassin4004[/QUOTE]

I’m guessing the answer to your question is a “no”. There’s no mentioning of the stock maps when Susefreak describes what’s needed in addon.conf and they’re aren’t included in the list with hashes he links to in his post.

But like I said: I’m guessing.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Assassin4004) #25

Yes, you’re right. I just made a pk4 for this custom campaign. Checksum values for vanilla maps are not needed and neither are:

#include “script/maps/vanilla_mapname.script”

in map.script.

I’ll post the campaign pk4 I made after testing it out on my own custom server, if you don’t mind. I know you mentioned about posting something though…

(Assassin4004) #26

Hey GUFX, I have created a custom campaign that contains all the vanilla maps. As DrFunkenstein has said, download the zip to the appropriate base folder so your server can see/use it. Then rename the file’s extension to “pk4”.

When running your custom server, make sure to set
“si_rules” to sdGameRulesCampaign
and use the “spawnServer” command to launch “campaign_all_vanilla”

If the xp doesn’t get saved, it may be a server setting. Make sure “g_xpSave” is set to “1”.

Let me know if you have any issues still, and I’d be glad to try to help you!

z_campaign_all_vanilla.zip (1.29 KB)

~Assassin4004

(DrFunkenstein) #27

[QUOTE=Assassin4004;540011]Yes, you’re right. I just made a pk4 for this custom campaign. Checksum values for vanilla maps are not needed and neither are:

#include “script/maps/vanilla_mapname.script”

in map.script.

I’ll post the campaign pk4 I made after testing it out on my own custom server, if you don’t mind. I know you mentioned about posting something though…[/QUOTE]

By all means, go ahead!

Dr. Funkenstein

(GUFX) #28

Thank you for your effort. Which file should be renamed?

Is that correct to implement into server.cfg
set m0 “set g_nextMap $m1;spawnServer campaign_all_vanilla”
vstr m0

I’ve just tested it and first renamed all files, and then each individual, but the server does not start.

Addendum
OK, OK, I uploaded and renamed the entire Zip. The server now startet, but i cant join. This error is coming: Unable to connect to the unmodified server, no downloads possible.

Where can i set “unmodified” to “modified”? In server.cfg i nothing find any option to configure this.

(DrFunkenstein) #29

I tested the file Assasin4004 posted on a local server and it works flawless. The server cycled through all 12 maps and XP was saved over those 12 maps. When it reached the end of the cycle, XP was reset to zero and the server loaded Refinery again.

Good job!

@Gufx:

You will probably have to set net_clientDownload to 1 or 2 in your game (1 is ask, 2 is always download) so your client will download the pk4 from the server and save it in the correct place.

And the changes to server.cfg that you posted won’t work because you are using $m1 in the first line:

set m0 "set g_nextMap $m1;spawnServer campaign_all_vanilla"
vstr m0

You should change that to $m0 so the server will repeat the campaign endlessly, m1 is never declared in your script.

Dr. Funkenst

(GUFX) #30

I have change the setting in \dokumente\id Software\Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars\sdnet\gufx\base\profil.cfg net_clientDownload from 1 to 2 and in server.cfg m1 to m0.
Same error:
Unable to connect to the unmodified server, no downloads possible :-(.

if I manually put the pk4 in my local base directory, it works just fine :-)))))))
Maybe it’s a problem with Win 10 and the rights management, so I can not download the pk4 from the server into the local base directory.

Can you please try to connect <-----------Berliner Ballerbude ------------------>

I am almost happy. It must work too for all with download, otherwise it makes no sense with this campaign.

Thank YOU!

(DrFunkenstein) #31

I managed to connect to your server while it was running the custom campaign without too many problems.

First screenshot shows the score is 4-0 which means the campaign is running.

The only problem I had was that I got dumped to the console twice and had to type reconnect each time. I did manage to get connected in the end though.

Dr. Funkenstein

P.S. You should update your Punkbuster version! As you can see in the second screenshot I have a newer version then the server has, which means I’ll be kicked in the end.

(GUFX) #32

Thank you for testing! You could download pk4 without problems? Without to copy the file manually in your local directory? If yes, thats great :-).
On the server pb is not active
net_serverPunkbusterEnabled “0”
I know this pb problem.i often kicked by pb on other servers.In order to prevent this you have to type into the console:

pb_security 0;

I will see whether it is possible to others to join the server.
Without manual transfer of .pk4 in the local base directory, it does not work for me.
I do not understand why. I think if it does not work for me, it will not work for other which use Win10 too.

I have set full access in the security settings for the user, the system for all directories which used by ET:QW. Nevertheless the automatic download does not work.

(DrFunkenstein) #33

[QUOTE=GUFX;540154]Thank you for testing! You could download pk4 without problems? Without to copy the file manually in your local directory? If yes, thats great :-).
On the server pb is not active
net_serverPunkbusterEnabled “0”
I know this pb problem.i often kicked by pb on other servers.In order to prevent this you have to type into the console:

I will see whether it is possible to others to join the server.
Without manual transfer of .pk4 in the local base directory, it does not work for me.
I do not understand why. I think if it does not work for me, it will not work for other which use Win10 too.

I have set full access in the security settings for the user, the system for all directories which used by ET:QW. Nevertheless the automatic download does not work.[/QUOTE]

I deleted every copy of the new campaign I had locally and tried to connect to your server again. I couldn’t connect because I got a message saying “Can’t connect to the pure server: no downloads offered”.

Guess I could connect yesterday because I had the file in the game’s main base directory. Perhaps you should PM Susefreak and ask him about this. TAW uses custom content on their server and probably know at lot more about this then I do :slight_smile: .

Dr. Funkenstein

(GUFX) #34

Many thanks. Now I know that it is a server-side problem. I suspect it is a permissions issue. The other mk4 have all chmod 777 and the new mk4 has only 644. I cant change the permissions of this file (lack rights)

I write a ticket to the support to handle this.

(Assassin4004) #35

Hey GUFX, it sounds to me like the problem is with automatically downloading the pk4 (the campaign in this case). Do you have an http server set up to host the pk4? Or are you assuming that the dedicated server does this? The dedicated server actually does not host the pk4. The dedicated server has various settings to link a http server.

The dedicated server also must have the pk4 in the main base directory of the game (at least for windows). This allows the server to launch correctly without errors, but will not allow others to download the pk4 if an http server is not setup and linked to the dedicated server.

Please let me know which servers you are running and what your setup is and I may be able to help you further.

~Assassin4004

(DrFunkenstein) #36

Or ask Assassin4004 for help :slight_smile: .

Thanks btw for your contributions!

The topic got me thinking about running custom stuff on Villa again. Earlier experiments weren’t a success and that was probably due to me not fully understanding how things work. I’ll discuss it with the other admins.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Assassin4004) #37

No problem! And I am one of TAW’s newest members. I’ve learned a lot with making an ETQW map and during that time I figured I should learn how to setup a custom server so others can test out my map. This is why I’ve learned so much. :slight_smile: When I get more to a point of completely finishing a map, you’ll have to join me in testing it out.

(GUFX) #38

Thanks!

There is no dedicated server. I have a simple game server without root access. I do not understand why the server should be configured for pk4 files. There are already pk4 files :-). The main dirctory is /base. There are stored all pk4 files.

I have written to the support but the changing to chmod 777 will not fix the problem with automatic download :-(.

In the file etqwdedconfig.cfg i find this part. Maybe here is anything to change.

seta net_clientRepeaterAutoDownload “0”
seta net_clientRepeaterDelay “0”
seta net_spawnRepeater “0”
seta net_httpServerPlayerBW “0”
seta net_httpServerGlobalBW “0”
seta net_httpServerPort “0”
seta net_httpProxyMode “1”
seta net_httpProxy “”
seta net_updateAutoExecute “1”
seta net_updateAutoDownload “1”

Here some relavants parts in Log

------ Initializing File System ------
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/game000.pk4 with checksum 0x3efd73a5
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/game001.pk4 with checksum 0xa02f1c18
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/game002.pk4 with checksum 0x87457e61
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak000.pk4 with checksum 0x442eb08b
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak001.pk4 with checksum 0x10e16e6
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak002.pk4 with checksum 0x8dbe7353
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak003.pk4 with checksum 0x99dfcabb
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak004.pk4 with checksum 0x7e49f838
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak005.pk4 with checksum 0x5ccc7213
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak006.pk4 with checksum 0x9edf1b7d
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak007.pk4 with checksum 0x74a1a2f
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/pak008.pk4 with checksum 0x71a93b80
Loaded pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/z_campaign_all_vanilla.pk4 with checksum 0x680a82c6
Addon pk4 /home/s885233/etqw-150/base/z_campaign_all_vanilla.pk4 with checksum 0x680a82c6 is on addon

(Assassin4004) #39

Yes having the pk4s in the main base folder will allow the dedicated server to launch. However it will not allow automatic downloads.

To allow for automatic downloads do the following:
1.) Create a directory to hold all the pk4s. I call my folder “pk4 Files”.
2.) Inside this file you will create a “base” folder. Place the pk4 files you want for automatic download in this folder, such as the “campaign_all_vanilla.pk4”.
3.) Create an “index.html” document using a text editor program such as Notepad++.
Place the following inside the “index.html” document:

<html>
<body>
<h1>GUFX’s Custom Maps and Campaigns!</h1>
<a href=“base/”>base/</a>
<br>
</body>
</html>

4.) Forward a port on your router, such as port 80, 81, etc. Name the service using the port as “Apache Server”.
5.) Download an http server such as “Apache”.
6.) Point Apache to the pk4 directory you just created (in step 1) by modifying the “Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf” file.
There are two locations where the directory must be specified. (If using Notepad++ to modify the file, it should be AROUND lines 180 and 207)
7.) In the same file (httpd.conf", specify the IP address Apache should use. This should be the local IPv4 of the computer hosting the Apache server and the port you forwarded before. (If using Notepad++ to modify the file, it should be AROUND line 47).
8.) Apache should not be completely configured and just needs to be run whenever someone is downloading from your server.

//Test to see if the Apache server is working
9.) Start the Apache server (should be called httpd.exe on Windows).
10.) Get your public IPv4 address.
11.) Have someone else or yourself type in Google Chrome or another internet browser the IPv4 and the forwarded Apache Port. The following is an example:
78.984.512.128:80

12.) If they can see your index.html page then your Apache server is completely working properly.

//Edit a few settings in the dedicated server
13.) Type the following commands for the ETQW dedicated server:
net_serverDlTable *
net_serverDlBaseURL public_ip:appache_port
(example: net_serverDlBaseURL 78.984.512.128:80)
net_serverDownload 2

//See if your friends can download automatically the pk4 files
14.) Should work as long as Apache Http Server is actually running

(GUFX) #40

I have rented a game server. I have only the IP address.

If i put the index.html on root and i call this ip, nothing is to see :-).

On my server is a start file called .start

#!/bin/bash
STARTCMD="./run.sh +set vm_game 0 +set in_tty 0 +set net_dedicated 2 +set basepath /home/s885233/etqw-150 +set fs_savePath /home/s885233/etqw-150 set fs_devpath /home/s885233/etqw-150 +set net_ip 217.79.188.239 +set net_port 27733 +set net_sdnetport 3074 +set si_maxPlayers 20 +set fs_game_base base +exec server.cfg +set net_serverPunkbusterEnabled 1 "
cd ~/etqw-150
rm -rf ~/.konsole.log 2>/dev/null
rm -rf ~/screenlog.0 2>/dev/null
touch ~/.konsole.log
unset http_proxy https_proxy
export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/gamed/libs/no_chmod.so

$STARTCMD | tee -a ~/.konsole.log

I can edit what I want, the server sets after every reboot everything back. Only the server.cfg can I edit and bot names. It is obviously not possible to to carry out addons on this server, or requires changes that I can not perform due to lack of authorization.

Thank you, i think there is no way for me.