Lessons learnt the hard way

(Runeforce) #41

Oops, double post.

(Runeforce) #42

and the useless follow-up :slight_smile:

(wingedDuck) #43

32: You can suicide by pressing “k”.

Rarely useful, but I’ve won a round purely because I killed myself just before new spawn wave to switch to engineer when our team had none and went on to get the round winning clutch-defuse. But be careful not to miss the spawn, or you might sit dead for a looong time.

(hiddenPalisade) #44
  1. shoot aura’s red patch ability. you will kill it long before u kill the person standing in it.

2. the objectives yield you more exp than kills; more exp = more money.

3. fight on the objective, not behind it. this forces the enemy back faster.

4. don’t all take the same routes, its a sue fire way to lose momentum if 3/4 team get demolished.

5. upgrade the loadouts of the characters you get by default. a better equipped character is a more effective combatant; you also get far more exp/money.

(Ardez1) #45

[quote=“hiddenPalisade;27881”]32) shoot aura’s red patch ability. you will kill it long before u kill the person standing in it.

1. the objectives yield you more exp than kills; more exp = more money.

2. fight on the objective, not behind it. this forces the enemy back faster.

3. don’t all take the same routes, its a sue fire way to lose momentum if 3/4 team get demolished.

4. upgrade the loadouts of the characters you get by default. a better equipped character is a more effective combatant; you also get far more exp/money.[/quote]

33 ~ Not really proven. At all. :confused: And you can still be top of the board with kills. Just depends on how many. (Although please do the objective!)

34 ~ Fighting in relation to the objective is VERY situational and map dependent. Unfortunately there really is no best practice.

35 ~ Splitting up too much can also cause issues :confused: Stay with the group medics!

36 ~ You don’t get more credits or XP for having a better loadout. A better loadout just gives you more of an advantage. You can earn the same/more using the default blank loadout. A good majority of the credits you earn will be from missions and from minimum credits per minute. You earn 12 credits per minute and that is what your Base Fee is. There is a skill bonus, but nobody has been able to lock down the equation for what goes into it.

(D.C.V.) #46

I wish more people knew about that, because I’m the only one building a pile of bodies at the start of the round and the rest are just watching, wondering wtf is going on :lol:

(Santini) #47
  1. Don’t ever gib Nader. Ever. (unless it’s from a distance and really needed) Her ability, Martyrdom, causes her to explode and damage every player around her.

(Szakalot) #48

you mean: don’t ever gib her with a knife.

I don’t necessarily agree, if you have 10hp left; you might as well force the nader to kill themselves. (rather than try to kill a new opponent (medic) who will then revive said nader).

(Sinsanatis) #49

I knew about the generator, but the wall??? If it is true, that is definitely a game changer on terminal.

(Ardez1) #50

I knew about the generator, but the wall??? If it is true, that is definitely a game changer on terminal.[/quote]

Wall is not breakable with explosives on terminal. Primary objectives are not harmed.

By walls I believe he meant the wall generators, like on Trainyard/Underground

(AirborneAsian) #51

38. Don’t be a DICK. Golden Rule.

(GhostEntity) #52

I’ll add to #6. Same goes for helping teammates up! Move around!

(opicr0n) #53

39. Dont play until AC update if you want to keep sanity

(Wilhelm) #54
  1. Don’t instantly drop martyrdom when downed as Nader. Seriously you are a medic’s worst nightmare if you do this, check your surroundings and don’t panic.

2. Shotguns shoot their pellets in a 5-pointed star.

3. On most weapons ADS while jumping will make the gun much more accurate compared to hip-fire.

4. When picking up someone while not a medic, make sure you are not exposed and the downed player is in a relatively safe position.

(Sithas) #55

I wish i knew this when i had 2 loud drunk russians in my team…

(bontsa) #56

Not exactly learned hard way, and despite it being completely obvious now that I tested it, here’s anyways.

xy. Unshakeable augment (20% explosion resistance) protects from users own explosives too. Tested to make sure, since there’s also augment Fail Safe which gives 30% reduction from users own explosives only.

(Samniss_Arandeen) #57

44. Focus fire. One dead enemy is better than two half-dead ones. You’re also more likely to out-DPS any heals that way.

(JC916) #58
  1. No mention of being able to shoot through glass? Also there’s no damage reduction. I have yet to find out if you can revive with spark’s REVIVR through glass. Would seem useful on the last part of chapel.

(Samniss_Arandeen) #59

You can’t. Revivr does nothing to pass through or break glass.

(APRenpsy) #60
  1. Elevator counts as secondary objective.