Lessons learnt the hard way

(mOist) #21

@TitaniumTeddyBear yes it is , it goes very fast infact , to the point where someone accused are team of “Speed hacking the car”

(Ardez1) #22
  1. The pineapple juggler perk will allow you to throw Skyhammers airstrike marker and change where the airstrike comes in. (Not 100% on this one, but I saw it happen in a match. Please confirm if you know for sure. I have not had a chance to test this in an empty server yet.)

(Szakalot) #23

21. Skyhammer’s marker works as a grenade, but only indoors. If you got damaged by the marker itself it means the airstrike is NOT coming

edit: no longer true

(einstyle) #24

for carriable delivery objectives, you don’t have to hold F to return or deliver it, you can just tap F and it will return/deliver it as long as you stay in range
helped me somewhat with moving around while guarding/delivering

(INF3RN0) #25

Anyone who has watched my twitch streams will know all about the various strategies I like to use to destroy side objs with ability/weapon damage :). It has been a feature for quite a long time, but is probably the least utilized/known.

22. Direct player hits with health packs give an instant 20hp (not 100% sure what this value is now), and the regen is interrupted by oncoming damage.

23. Direct player hits with ammo packs reduce the targets ability c/d by 15%

24. Proxy can trigger her mines by shooting them, even prior to them arming

25. While in sprint, hitting your crouch+jump buttons simultaneously will trigger a long jump. This can also be used during wall jumps to boost your trajectory.

26. Multiple people repairing will not stack- the highest obj efficiency merc will take precedence.

27. Airstrikes will land from right to left perpendicular to where you threw them.

28. When revived you have a spawn shield that lasts for around 2s, but will be canceled if you use a combat/ability action.

29. Turrets can be used to block/absorb oncoming damage while defusing crouched.

30. You can mute/call votes against players by alt clicking on the score screen (tab).

31. Explosives blasts from abilities will also push away players

(APRenpsy) #26

Hey mind if I link this thread to the next Tips and Tricks video I do? I think this is really amazing and shocked I didn’t find it sooner.

Here is the first one if you’re curious, Simple Tips And Tricks

(Zenity) #27

When mounting an MG (including EVs), there is a delay before you can unmount again using the use key. You can always unmount instantly by pressing one of your weapon selection keys though. Not going to number this one because it may well be a bug and become fixed eventually.

(yakcyll) #28

That must be the coolest thing I heard lately.

And that explains everything! Cheers INF3RN0!

(UNKR4UT) #29

[quote=“einstyle;16076”]for carriable delivery objectives, you don’t have to hold F to return or deliver it, you can just tap F and it will return/deliver it as long as you stay in range
helped me somewhat with moving around while guarding/delivering[/quote]

Can someone confirm that?
Cause a lot of times i need to re-push F cause it got cancelled for whatever reason.

(yakcyll) #30

[quote=“UNKR4UT;18011”][quote=“einstyle;16076”]for carriable delivery objectives, you don’t have to hold F to return or deliver it, you can just tap F and it will return/deliver it as long as you stay in range

Cause a lot of times i need to re-push F cause it got cancelled for whatever reason.
[/quote]
Pretty sure you have to look at delivery points, but when constructing or planting you can actually look away and still keep doing it.

(Nail) #31

you can set use to toggle in game

(einstyle) #32

[quote=“yakcyll;18045”][quote=“UNKR4UT;18011”][quote=“einstyle;16076”]for carriable delivery objectives, you don’t have to hold F to return or deliver it, you can just tap F and it will return/deliver it as long as you stay in range

[/quote]
Pretty sure you have to look at delivery points, but when constructing or planting you can actually look away and still keep doing it.

[/quote]
yeah, you need to keep looking at it, but what I meant was that you don’t have to keep the F key pushed, you can tap it once and then use your finger for WASDing as long as you keep in range (and look the objective delivery)

(Chirs) #33

Does this apply to the medic doing the reviving as well, please?

(einstyle) #34

[quote=“Calico;18963”][quote=“INF3RN0;17717”]
28. When revived you have a spawn shield that lasts for around 2s, but will be canceled if you use a combat/ability action.
[/quote]
Does this apply to the medic doing the reviving as well, please?
[/quote]
no, that’d be insane
only the person that gets revived has a spawn shield, it is a valid tactic however to hide behind your revived mate as a medic to use him as cover

(facetiousCooler) #35

19a. Charging the defib paddles will also increase the range of the revive.[/quote]

19b. if youre in a hurry and might take dmg you can take out the defib (5), jump near the teammate youre trying to revive, and charge the defib during the jump.
that way you get in and out quickly enough (hopefully) to not get shot at.

(D.C.V.) #36

Wow, that’s very useful information, i’m so glad i clicked on this thread :slight_smile:

(Runeforce) #37

Using Naders grenade launcher to land direct hits on deployables will bypass any fuse time and make them explode on impact. Great for clearing out groups of players hugging a healing station.

(Fleshpound) #38

Correction:Any direct hit on anything will get impact explosion.

(Ardez1) #39

Correction:Any direct hit on anything will get impact explosion.[/quote]

Correction: Any direct hit on an enemy or enemy deployable will explode on impact.

(kAndyREW) #40

very nice thanks :slight_smile: