Latest patch notes (Patch 22nd July)

(cornJester) #61

[quote=“Watsyurdeal;50611”]All of that I do agree with, personally I don’t mind the lack of killing heavier characters, but attacks from behind should definitely net a 25% damage boost or something.

Maybe THAT should replace chopper or just be a default ability[/quote]

If that is to happen at all it needs to be a default ability. No punishing players because they don’t have one (out of two?) specific loadout.

(Eox) #62

I positive that issue has nothing to do with lag. It happened to me with 60 ping as well as with 150 ping, and I am sure that I am not alone.

(cornJester) #63

[quote=“Eox;50618”][quote=“MissMurder;50564”]
ETA on a fix for that is uncertain but from what I understand it only happens in very high ping situations so it’s tricky :frowning:

[/quote]

I positive that issue has nothing to do with lag. It happened to me with 60 ping as well as with 150 ping, and I am sure that I am not alone.[/quote]

And no mention of Fletcher’s lock on augment… It better not be on our cards forever and just be fixed by releasing new cards…

(TheDevouringOne) #64

Can anyone else actually get into a game? I keep getting “unexpected errors”. And there is just an exclamation point icon where the daily missions should be. Is this what missmurder was talking about?

[quote=“MissMurder;50598”]Also! Dirty Bomb is experiencing some issues and we are currently investigating. Thank you for your patience.
[/quote]

(stealthyBass) #65

ETA on a fix for that is uncertain but from what I understand it only happens in very high ping situations so it’s tricky :frowning:

[/quote]

I positive that issue has nothing to do with lag. It happened to me with 60 ping as well as with 150 ping, and I am sure that I am not alone.[/quote]

Happens all the time at 30 ping for me.

(VincentRJaeger) #66

[quote=“stealthyBass;50629”][quote=“Eox;50618”]

Happens all the time at 30 ping for me.[/quote]

It might be the other way around, that the target is at high ping and thus “the sticky didn’t hit on his side”.

I can otherwise confirm that stickies disappear at low ping for me too.

(Jojack) #67

[/quote]

That was my first thought as well, but I think it probably has something to do with the ping difference between you and the person you stuck it on. Makes sense, similar to the “i was behind the corner when I died” issue. On your client, you stuck him, on his, you didn’t.

I don’t know I understand it, but that seems to make sense to me.

(Frogteam) #68

I really don’t understand why some people think that a totally invisible merc with a one hit kill would be less annoying than a slightly invisible merc that is slightly harder to kill with a one to two hit kill.

Personally I like to have a chance to shoot the person going for me, a totally invisible phantom on the enemy team would just mean shrug and say, ok I guess I’m just going to die repeatedly to him if he wants me.

Sometimes I feel like people should think of Phantom as a merc built around a shield ability instead of a merc built around stealth, since he’s clearly not great at stealth.

(Jojack) #69

[quote=“Frogteam;50644”]I really don’t understand why people think that a totally invisible merc with a one hit kill would be less annoying than a slightly invisible merc that is slightly harder to kill with a one to two hit kill.

Personally I like to have a chance to shoot the person going for me, a totally invisible phantom on the enemy team would just mean shrug and say, ok I guess I’m just going to die repeatedly to him if he wants me.

Sometimes I feel like people should think of Phantom as a merc built around a shield ability instead of a merc built around stealth, since he’s clearly not great at stealth.[/quote]

It would be annoying, unless they balanced it to be pretty hard to pull off. Just like it’s annoying to get wrecked by a really good vassili you can’t even see, but it takes a lot of skill to pull off.

Give him the tools to be stealthy, but you have to balance it to require a good amount of skill and patience to actually get in position to pull off the one hit kill.

People can handle being killed in annoying ways as long as it takes skill to do it. Right now it takes no skill, which is the most frustrating part. Vassili is hated, but accepted because of the skill floor required.

(DKill_) #70

@MissMurder
You’re welcome :wink:

(Jojack) #71

[quote=“TheDevouringOne;50628”]Can anyone else actually get into a game? I keep getting “unexpected errors”. And there is just an exclamation point icon where the daily missions should be. Is this what missmurder was talking about?

[quote=“MissMurder;50598”]Also! Dirty Bomb is experiencing some issues and we are currently investigating. Thank you for your patience.
[/quote][/quote]

So in addition to not really fixing anything of consequence, they completely broke the game!

Bad timing. You had a community broiling over with frustration, and not only did you not fix anything of value that caused the frustration, but you added to it.

Poor SD. Two terrible updates in a row.

(cornJester) #72

[quote=“DKill_;50655”]@MissMurder
You’re welcome ;)[/quote]

Derp ignore this

(Goldfish) #73

Think you guys nerfed Phantom to mutch. Kinda takes the fancy things away from phantoms ¨cloack¨ make him easier to see and makes the cd higher when the time its activated is to low for a 10 cd. please give him more love…

(DKill_) #74

Regarding the current downtime: I’ve just been able to join a server once again.
Getting connected to the server and refreshing account is very slow at the moment tho.

(KayDubz) #75

I wish the shield and Kek was completely gone for Phantom, but Ill see how this plays out.

According to Reddit, now shotguns to the head kill him when hes close (GOOD!), and his swing is slower. So if Phantom misses his melee, hes fucked and cant get to his armor or gun as quickly (GOOD!)

What I really hate is that the sensor now doesnt disable his shield. BS in my opinion, and will allow phantoms to try kamikaze still even if detected. Before hand they would run away knowing they only had 120 hp. Now they will be spotted but have their shield in tact. Lame.

(cornJester) #76

[quote=“Kay-Dubz;50685”]I wish the shield and Kek was completely gone for Phantom, but Ill see how this plays out.

According to Reddit, now shotguns to the head kill him when hes close (GOOD!), and his swing is slower. So if Phantom misses his melee, hes fucked and cant get to his armor or gun as quickly (GOOD!)

What I really hate is that the sensor now doesnt disable his shield. BS in my opinion, and will allow phantoms to try kamikaze still even if detected. Before hand they would run away knowing they only had 120 hp. Now they will be spotted but have their shield in tact. Lame.[/quote]

You cannot have a merc who is extremely visible when moving, 110 HP and no useful ability. By increasing his visibility and nerfing him in various other ways they had to improve the shield. However they should’ve done the opposite and improved his actual cloak and reduced or removed his shield… You cannot nerf absolutely everything without giving him something though otherwise he would truly be useless.

(DMaster2) #77

Finally he got nerfed. About time

(Thural) #78

YAY!! THE GAME IS BROKEN!!

(cornJester) #79

The game is so borked right now I thought I had accidentally set the language to Swedish.

(Thural) #80

The game is so borked right now I thought I had accidentally set the language to Swedish.[/quote]

also, I can’t actually get into the game, so that’s fun