Latest patch notes (Patch 22nd July)

(cornJester) #81

The game is so borked right now I thought I had accidentally set the language to Swedish.[/quote]

also, I can’t actually get into the game, so that’s fun[/quote]

Yeah no-one can.

(prodiG) #82

Did Potent Packs get fixed? Before the patch, Sparks’ loadout 383 Companion Agent has it but her health kits still only provided 25hp (I believe it should be 35 with the perk, which would be massively beneficial as it would only take 3 kits to full-heal most of the cast instead of 4)

(TheDevouringOne) #83

I think potent packs only increase the rate, or speed that the health packs give health. The description is “20% increase to health regen rate given by healing abilities”

(RazielWarmonic) #84

Why change just the PDP-70 and not the MOA or the other sniper (that I can’t remember the name of)? The PDP-70 needed the least changes imo.

All snipers shouldn’t be able to instagib, just “instadown”.

(stealthyBass) #85

[quote=“Jaeger;50634”][quote=“stealthyBass;50629”][quote=“Eox;50618”]

I positive that issue has nothing to do with lag. It happened to me with 60 ping as well as with 150 ping, and I am sure that I am not alone.[/quote]

Happens all the time at 30 ping for me.[/quote]

It might be the other way around, that the target is at high ping and thus “the sticky didn’t hit on his side”.

I can otherwise confirm that stickies disappear at low ping for me too.[/quote]

I’ve thought of this before and checked it. Still happened even when the opposing team were all in the 30-60 ping range. From what I’ve noticed it’s based on location it’s stuck to. Upper chest/neck area they always work from what I’ve seen. If you stick the legs they disappear.

(animatedFrog) #86

I’m glad that SD are at least trying to fix Fletcher stickies.

It’s disappointing that they nerfed everything about Phantom without giving him anything to compensate. Why doesn’t he have full invisibility / silence while crouch walking, and decloak time, like TF2 Spy? It’d just make it more fun for everyone. Phantom is actually stealthy instead of just running at people with the sword/kek, and players fighting Phantom don’t get randomly 1shot by people they can’t see.

(powi_) #87

SMG nerfs :-/
no matchmaking bug fix :-/

overall:

:-/

But about the phantom nerf: I didnt see him as an overpowered merc, i saw him as a noobfriendly merc… u basically dont need skills to be good with him (just cloak, run, stab).

This game should be skill revarding… give sawbonez in a hand of a great player and he will dominate with it, while a noob will barely get kills.

Now do the same with phantom… the difference is a lot less.

Phantom nerfs should go in a direction, where it rewards skill. I dont have any idea on how to do this, but u know, just think about it :smiley:

(powi_) #88

omg and the graphics update, i really really really hate :confused:

i know its the “same for everyone” but eh… cant see shit because of the blood and muzzleflash, my skill went instantly from med to low.

Always played with nice, smooth, clean configs in ET and Quake also, i miss these times :confused:

I’d rather keep aimpunch higher but the config clean… cant even see the head of the enemy cause there is blood everywhere.

(Gi.Am) #89

Ok only played a match sofar but my initial impressions (as usually will propably change over time)

Let’s get the Big one out of the way first. Phantom can’t say I’m too happy about it he got hit with way too many nerfs both direct and indirect right now he is more or less dead not only for competive but also pubs. But on the flipside they did nerfed alot of stuff surrounding him that where simply plain wrong (melee for example).
How I see it right now is, that they took him to the botttom wait for people to adapt and learn to fight him. And in a couple of patches start to gradually improve his core, step by step till he becomes viable without surrounding imbalances getting in the way.

SMGs IMO a good one, taking the 2 best SMGs down a notch not only gives the bigger weapons a bit breathing room, it also makes the three other SMGs a bit more atractive without touching them. On a sidenote I like the new Blishlok sound.

PDP I’m not a Sniper but I don’t like it, removing one of the biggest incentives to still go for “skilled” headshots with this weapon is a bad idea.

K121 Good when suddenly everyone (including top players) switches over to a weapon that has less DPS you know you went too far with a nerf.

Aimpunch can’t really say anything about it. But hadn’t have trouble in the match so I guess fine now for me.

Sparks rezgun not sure the battery thing seems ok on a short check. But the EV thing is a bit harsh. Sure taking the damage down a bit would have been ok, but they removed any EV damage it seems. witch is a bit unfair, everything else that deals damage in the game can damage objectives.

Locking down more of the variables also nice I know tweaking is fun and some people have really bad PCs but when it becomes a unfair advantage it should be locked.

everything else I either don’t have a opinion yet or find awesome (bugfixes are always awesome even if I’m not affected).

(DMaster2) #90

Great job with the missions, the xp missions were the ones i hated the most and now they are everywhere. Now it take forever to complete them. Thank you so much for this change /sarcasm

(Rjsto) #91

But they’re rather easy now, I completed two star objective xp mission in like 3 or 4 matches, and I didn’t even complete a single main or side objective!

(N8o) #92

First off: Sparks. :frowning:
Second: Aimpunch?

(DMaster2) #93

But they’re rather easy now, I completed two star objective xp mission in like 3 or 4 matches, and I didn’t even complete a single main or side objective![/quote]
For me they are not. I struggle with anything not named Vassili, so it’s a pain for me. On the bright side not a single phantom all evening. That’s great.

Btw, am i the only one that only got a single reward instead of the classic 3 (first obj, first stop, first win)?

(WinterShade) #94

It might just be me, but I don’t think it is, I love the whole update and the changes, especially the new Blishlok audio, but I can’t get over the universal melee weapon turn-rate nerf, it just seems like weapons such as the Katana aren’t as effective anymore let alone weapons with a shorter range and damage.

(Melinder) #95

The nerf had to be done to stop phantom walking into choke points and BeyBlading [LET IT RIP] and killing 4 people with 1 click spin

(WinterShade) #96

The thing is they also reduced the attack duration of the Katana, and it’s not just him suffering from the turn limiter. It’s any merc with a melee weapon.

(hotpinkChum) #97

People will gripe to gripe, they nerfed phantom hard enough and people STILL complaining…Why not just give him 2 HP and a butterknife with 30min CD on ability…

(powi_) #98

actually when u knife your sensitivity is reduced ?? this throws off my aim and overall feel of the game so much :confused:

(Austindj3) #99

The only thing that I really don’t like about the update to Phantom is the speed reduction with the katana ಠ_ಠ I mean he is supposed to be a ninja right? why would he be slower with a a katana then?

(WinterShade) #100

It’s not just him, every melee weapon got a turn limiter.