Latest patch notes (Patch 22nd July)

(D'@athi) #41

And again you see who is worked for. Top priority stuff still not even touched, while the kiddies get their asses wiped clean, and a lolly after it, if they cried loud enough.
But ok, if that’ts the way SD and/or? Nexon wants this to go, really nothig we can do about it.
Two-man show with the ambition of earning big-time. But at least let someone test the stuff the two are doing. Thx.

(cornJester) #42

Problem is Phantom is ridiculously easy to spot now. This is the opposite of the direction they should be going. Now he’s not stealthy at all but still has his shield for some reason. What’s the point of the cloak if it’s seen from far away easily? Thought he was supposed to be a stealth class…

(Cappe) #43

Get rid of the competitive missions plz, I don’t want to be made to play competitive to be able to complete the missions. It’s too unbalanced I played 3 competitive matches since patch and all 3 were utterly unbalanced on top of that the first match (I was in the good team) didn’t even register for the win 1 competitive match. The other 2 matches were a team of gold ranks vs a team of unranks. So plz don’t make me have to play that unbalanced mess.

(Ghosthree3) #44

Competitive missions? Into the trash they go!

(irishrOy) #45

the disappearing fletcherbombs: I notice it mostly when I directly hit enemies, but often they just disappear.
A player should be highly rewarded for aiming and hitting, but right now you’re being punished.

(pumpaloaf) #46

Updates to the Spectator HUD:
Minimap now increases in size and shows all players with the correct team colors
Chat has been moved to the top left and players names are also correctly colored
Objective HUD is now positioned in the centre

This seems to have happened to not only the Spectator HUD but my custom UI as well.
(my time and spawn timer have moved dead center next to my crosshair and chat has moved from the bottom left to the top left. I’m sure I can move it all around again but…I dunno, weird! Anyone else experiencing this?

(Jojack) #47

[quote=“Watsyurdeal;50463”]Like the Phantom changes, he should be easier to counter against now.

But I still think he could benefit from some visibility changes, like walking or crouch walking making him less and less visible.

Just my opinion, that’s all

But most of what people complained about got changed

[/quote]

The Phantom changes are terrible. The developers just don’t get it and I’m starting to lose faith in them. All they did is make him a slightly more squishy, but still annoying as fuck version of himself. They didn’t address anything about him that makes the community hate him so much. Main problem with Phantom was low skill floor, low skill ceiling, pub stomper with no value in competition - plus, really annoying to play against.

What they should have done:
Raised the skill floor.
Raised the skill ceiling,
Given him a purpose more grand than agitator.

What they did:
Make him a little squishier but changed nothing in his core design that made him so hated.

This is really disappointing. Combined with no changes for the currently most broken (bugged) merc in the game, Fletcher, I just don’t know. Hopefully the 4 accidentally throwing nades occasionally also fixed the EXACT same problem with Fletcher. It looks like they weren’t even aware that Fletcher suffered from the same bug. No love for the Blish. I was hoping for a lot more from this patch. Oh well, back to other games for awhile.

(VincentRJaeger) #48

I’m a bit disappointed.

While I like most of what I see, including some of the augments working (Yay Bushwhacker), I don’t like that I don’t see Fletcher here. So many bugs mentioned and nothing of it is fixed?

(MissMurder) #49

Thanks for posting these @DKill_ as I was unable to log in this morning.

@Eox ETA on a fix for that is uncertain but from what I understand it only happens in very high ping situations so it’s tricky :frowning:

(pumpaloaf) #50

Yes, I am and don’t call me Shirley! :slight_smile:

(ruminativeMaw) #51

Happy to see balancing and bug fixing is taking a higher priority. Was getting worried it was just going to be content that can lead to sales (mercs).

(Fleshpound) #52

Competitive missions? Into the trash they go![/quote]

Indeed. Only for very experienced,it is not a waste of time :I

(Uriei) #53

[quote=“BanditFleshpound;50569”][quote=“Ghosthree3;50533”]
Competitive missions? Into the trash they go![/quote]

Indeed. Only for very experienced,it is not a waste of time :I [/quote]
No, only for full 5 players parties where random quitters are not a problem.

(Jojack) #54

[quote=“MissMurder;50564”]Thanks for posting these @DKill_ as I was unable to log in this morning.

@Eox ETA on a fix for that is uncertain but from what I understand it only happens in very high ping situations so it’s tricky :frowning:

[/quote]

Sounds like a problem with the net coding being too forgiving of high ping players.

(Backuplight) #55

[quote=“ev1ldarks;50465”][quote=“DKill_;14785”]
Removed ‘Win X Matches’ missions as they were incentivizing unbalanced matches
[/quote]

Thank you !!!

Indeed, that was very annoying to play 3 vs 7 and hearing ennemy say “sorry but I need 1 win for my mission” …

:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Normally I just see them say “lol newb get rekt ez win”

(Melinder) #56

@cornJester ye I have no idea what they’re trying to do with this guy. They really need to take a risk with him and listen to the community as much as they can. Imho, they should give him full invisibility, require uncloaking to stab (where uncloaking has an animation and duration), have 90-100 hp with increased uncloaked move speed (430-450) with no flat cooldown on the cloak, but instead it regenerated to full capacity over say 8 seconds but can be used any time during that recharge time. Perhaps they could also add something like a “recharge station” for his cloak, or just make the ammo boxes regenerate it

(watsyurdeal) #57

[quote=“Jojack;50554”][quote=“Watsyurdeal;50463”]Like the Phantom changes, he should be easier to counter against now.

But I still think he could benefit from some visibility changes, like walking or crouch walking making him less and less visible.

[/quote]

The Phantom changes are terrible. The developers just don’t get it and I’m starting to lose faith in them. All they did is make him a slightly more squishy, but still annoying as fuck version of himself. They didn’t address anything about him that makes the community hate him so much. Main problem with Phantom was low skill floor, low skill ceiling, pub stomper with no value in competition - plus, really annoying to play against.

Raised the skill floor.

What they did:
Make him a little squishier but changed nothing in his core design that made him so hated.

This is really disappointing. Combined with no changes for the currently most broken (bugged) merc in the game, Fletcher, I just don’t know. Hopefully the 4 accidentally throwing nades occasionally also fixed the EXACT same problem with Fletcher. It looks like they weren’t even aware that Fletcher suffered from the same bug. No love for the Blish. I was hoping for a lot more from this patch. Oh well, back to other games for awhile.[/quote]

I disagree, he is easier to deal with now.

There is no reason you can’t realistically take him down if you spot him when has less hp, and damage dealt actually bleed overs into his health when cloaked.

A remburg blast is enough to kill him now.

(MissMurder) #58

Also! Dirty Bomb is experiencing some issues and we are currently investigating. Thank you for your patience.

(Jojack) #59

[quote=“Watsyurdeal;50586”][quote=“Jojack;50554”][quote=“Watsyurdeal;50463”]Like the Phantom changes, he should be easier to counter against now.

[/quote]

Raised the skill floor.

What they did:

This is really disappointing. Combined with no changes for the currently most broken (bugged) merc in the game, Fletcher, I just don’t know. Hopefully the 4 accidentally throwing nades occasionally also fixed the EXACT same problem with Fletcher. It looks like they weren’t even aware that Fletcher suffered from the same bug. No love for the Blish. I was hoping for a lot more from this patch. Oh well, back to other games for awhile.[/quote]

I disagree, he is easier to deal with now.

There is no reason you can’t realistically take him down if you spot him when has less hp, and damage dealt actually bleed overs into his health when cloaked.

A remburg blast is enough to kill him now.[/quote]

He IS slightly easier to deal with now, but as I’ve said countless times, it’s not the “dealing with him” that’s the problem. It’s his whole character design. We agree on this. He should have full invisibility, not be more visible. He should have no shield. He should require smart stealth play, and that should be rewarded with him being more deadly. This would give him a role that could be utilized in pubs and comp, instead of his sole role now which is just to annoy the fuck out of people in pubs and be useless in comp.

Currently you have to play him as a tank, because stealth does nothing. It rewards bad play because it’s not easy to punish him if caught.

He should be hard to play right, punished hard for getting caught, but give him the tools to actually be stealthy, and if a player can pull it off he should be rewarded with a higher payoff. Something like an insta-gib melee ability from stealth or x2 back stab damage from stealth etc.

(watsyurdeal) #60

All of that I do agree with, personally I don’t mind the lack of killing heavier characters, but attacks from behind should definitely net a 25% damage boost or something.

Maybe THAT should replace chopper or just be a default ability