Latest patch notes (Patch 22nd July)

(cornJester) #21

[quote=“Sniff;50487”][quote=“irishroy;50485”]http://media.giphy.com/media/gpufDFw0sPBYY/giphy.gif

[/quote]
You told us Fletcha’s to rejoice. I see no mention of lock-on working for Fletcher. Just Bushwhacker.

[/quote]

@MissMurder Any word as to why Fletcher’s broken (non working) Lock-On augment was not touched? Will it be fixed in the future? It currently does absolutely nothing for him, at all and has been proven on the forums before.

(Dirmagnos) #22

Cricket Bat vs med station issue is still not fixed. 8(
But overall good patch. Altho Phantom could his HP reduced to 100 and armor recharge bumped to 15sec, and katana should be pinpoint weapon in secondary mode(would be interesting to see perk that increases melee damage by 30% when attacking from cloaked state).

(jetJester) #23

[quote=“irishroy;50485”]http://media.giphy.com/media/gpufDFw0sPBYY/giphy.gif

damn, boi, I want some of that stuff you’re havin’

Phantom received [url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQR-cPXlmY”] what he needed:
and that’s a paddlin’

[/quote]

You can’t be serious about phantom man, it’s clear that they overnerfed him, you have either played just a few match against him or have no idea about his mechanics; anyway i don’t really like those patches, phantom could haev used some nerf but they just listened to all those low level whiners while the real strong classes like fragger remained untouched
EDIT: they got even indirectly buffed since they nerfed the other viable weapons (aka crotzni and KeK)
Devs should balance around good player not pubs :confused:

(irishrOy) #24

my bad, fail

(stealthyBass) #25

[quote=“Sniff;50487”][quote=“irishroy;50485”]http://media.giphy.com/media/gpufDFw0sPBYY/giphy.gif

[/quote]
You told us Fletcha’s to rejoice. I see no mention of lock-on working for Fletcher. Just Bushwhacker.

[/quote]

Don’t suppose that Fletcher bug with the stickies disappearing got fixed and is just unlisted?

(watsyurdeal) #26

[quote=“jetJester;50494”]

You can’t be serious about phantom man, it’s clear that they overnerfed him, you have either played just a few match against him or have no idea about his mechanics; anyway i don’t really like those patches, phantom could haev used some nerf but they just listened to all those low level whiners while the real strong classes like fragger remained untouched
EDIT: they got even indirectly buffed since they nerfed the other viable weapons (aka crotzni and KeK)
Devs should balance around good player not pubs :/[/quote]

The only changes I agree were too much is this

He is already easy to see and hear, now more so.

People need to start paying attention more, there really is no better way to put it.

(_Sniff_) #27

[quote=“stealthyBass;50499”][quote=“Sniff;50487”][quote=“irishroy;50485”]http://media.giphy.com/media/gpufDFw0sPBYY/giphy.gif

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don’t suppose that Fletcher bug with the stickies disappearing got fixed and is just unlisted?[/quote]

Still happens

(Fleshpound) #28

Some people can’t be serious about phantom overnerf.

Also,no win x mission in x mode?? Fine for me,as long as you give play x times execution mode more often when it will be finally ADDED.

Also,i do not see phantom invisibility bug fixed.

Btw:Why add it before??

(jetJester) #29

[quote=“Watsyurdeal;50500”][quote=“jetJester;50494”]

The only changes I agree were too much is this

He is already easy to see and hear, now more so.

People need to start paying attention more, there really is no better way to put it.[/quote]

Taking damage that exceeds remaining Refractive Armor energy will now also eat into health
Refractive Armor no longer prevents gas damage from eating into health
Cloaking/de-cloaking audio is now more audible to other players
Katana - Secondary attacks now deal damage for a shorter period of time

Those imho were the only nerf that should have happened, others are unecessary and maybe add something to reward some skilled play like increase re-swing time if you miss.

Anyway you’re the same TF2 whaturdeal spy? I’m a spy main too on tf2, it’s hard to play this kind of character uh :confused:

(titaniumCrouton) #30

Changes seem fine, visability nerf was a bit much though. I mean you can already see and snipe a perfectly still Phantom across the map (has done this countless times) now his cloak will proubly be so visible it’s pointless to use in the first place…but we’ll see o-o.

Also…lulz. Called it: [quote=“Theodoooore;50468”]The biggest problem with the phantom changes is that while it slightly balances phantom he is still broken, the nerfs needed to come in a little harder I feel (also RIP kek + crotzni)[/quote]

(Eox) #31

What does it mean “Lock-On Augment now correctly reduces Turret lock-on times” ? What about Fletcher’s Sticky Bombs ? He has two loadout cards with that augment too.

Also, why is there still no fixes for Fletcher’s sticky bombs that just disappear for no reason ? We are waiting for that fixe since already ages. This should have been a top priority concern. This is game breaking, this is extremely annoying, this screw up every Fletcher players. Almost two month later the issue is still not fixed : this is extremely disappointing.

(watsyurdeal) #32

[quote=“jetJester;50505”]
Anyway you’re the same TF2 whaturdeal spy? I’m a spy main too on tf2, it’s hard to play this kind of character uh :/[/quote]

I wouldn’t say he’s hard to play…but I would say that like the Spy he loses effectiveness the higher player skill goes up.

But unlike Spy he’s adaptable, or at least has the potential to be.

If they reverted the cloak changes, and instead have the speed affect hwo visible you are. He’ll be a lot better off.

It’d be nice if just walking made me harder to see, and standing still or crouch walking I am completely invisible.

Just seems like they have no idea how to make a stealth class to me, that the whole point of stealth is tricking and outsmarting the enemy, not going in brute force.

Tribes Ascend’s Infiltrator was prob the best stealth class I’ve played in any game thus far, versatile and powerful even in competitive. The devs should see what worked there and apply it to Phantom.

(cornJester) #33

[quote=“jetJester;50494”][quote=“irishroy;50485”]http://media.giphy.com/media/gpufDFw0sPBYY/giphy.gif

damn, boi, I want some of that stuff you’re havin’

Phantom received [url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQR-cPXlmY”] what he needed:
and that’s a paddlin’

[/quote]

Indirectly? No they directly buffed fragger since his LMG got a recoil and spread decrease.

(lavaFeline) #34

[quote=“jetJester;50494”]
You can’t be serious about phantom man, it’s clear that they overnerfed him, you have either played just a few match against him or have no idea about his mechanics[/quote]

I think most people are more than clear about his mechanics. Try playing an 80-90 hp merc and tell me phantom wasn’t OP as fuck. See him charging you at mid range in stealth (i.e. a BAD phantom) and empty most of sparks shitty machine pistol into him…still get one shotted leaving him with 20 health. He got to make mistakes and remain unpunished. Now with cloak damage bleeding into health and a minor health nerf it’s a lot less ridiculous.

(ChinChill) #35

I used to play tf2 spy a lot and while the two characters are very different, one key thing applies; the better co-ordinated and chatty a team are, the easier he is to counter. I think the changes made to him are fair. You can’t easily tank hits with the cloak and detection’s been made even easier. If people still have trouble with him then I’ll be willing to say they’re just not paying attention to their surroundings or not communicating with their team.

(watsyurdeal) #36

[quote=“lavaFeline;50513”][quote=“jetJester;50494”]
You can’t be serious about phantom man, it’s clear that they overnerfed him, you have either played just a few match against him or have no idea about his mechanics[/quote]

I think most people are more than clear about his mechanics. Try playing an 80-90 hp merc and tell me phantom wasn’t OP as fuck.
[/quote]

He wasn’t op

Because if I actually stuck with my team I didn’t die nearly as much

(Melinder) #37

If you aren’t dumb the phantom nerf won’t alter his effectiveness much at all. Damage hasn’t been changed so he can still 1 hit the lower hp mercs. Just gotta be more patient and less YOLO

(chamoiseeIncrease) #38

The Blishlok’s rate of fire has been A LOT reduced, no ?!

(Fleshpound) #39

They just changed his delaying and shielding for damage taken.

It is not like they made him like TF2 Spy which only focuses on backstabs and sapping.

Btw:Server can’t hold the patch… and my 3x play 1 competitive match :I

(jetJester) #40

This is SO much what i would like phantom to be, right now there isn’t much room for outsmarting, many times you just rush the enemy and hope he don’t hit you while you walljump after the first katana hit before finishing him off with the KeK.
Problem is that you won’t achieve that by trowhing random nerfs, there should be a whole rework to him since they failed to make him a combat class