High Quality Skyboxes

(Avoc) #141

That sky was one I made for my own map which I have since then discontinued - it was important for me to make it redish, since it would fit with the overall theme of the map. I had it all planned out =P

I am aware that I haven’t really made a “snowy” skybox (except the ‘frozen’ version of the vanilla sky - but that is more like a recolour).

The next skybox will be a nice snowy one =)

(Paul) #142

No the next is one with mountains, you promised me that ;(

(Avoc) #143

Who says it can’t be both? =P

New skybox released - Heat

Download link is in the first post, I’ve also re-organized the first post =)

(Paul) #144

http://sdu.vdvo.nl/news/8-Avoc+again%2C+with+a+HQ+skybox..html

(nukits) #145

Wow very nice good job !!

(shagileo) #146

Always nice to see your screenshots at ‘magic hour’, gives a great atmosphere

(angelo_ndp) #147

hello avoc, really nice work u got there. I got the snow assets, and I am just wondering if you could pm the map u discontinued so I could play around without the pain of starting a brand new map :)…

(Avoc) #148

@ shag: ‘Magic Hour’ ? =D

@ angelo: Sure - though it will take some time. Am a bit busy at the moment, but I will pack it up at the same time I pack up ‘Heat’

(shagileo) #149

@ Magic hour:
it’s the time of the day the sunset creates all kind of nice shades on the horizon. Loved by cinematographers to create nice shots with great atmosphere and feeling (especially Michael Bay loves to use them… for those who’ve seen Transformers, you most certainly remember airplanes and choppers flying in slow motion in the light of the sun as it is going down (sunset) ).

Here’s what wikipedia has to say:

So you see, everybody loves to watch at the sun as it’s going down at the horizon, because it gives us a special feeling. That’s what some of your skyboxes do too

(Wezelkrozum) #150

[quote=shagileo;196448]@ Magic hour:
it’s the time of the day the sunset creates all kind of nice shades on the horizon. Loved by cinematographers to create nice shots with great atmosphere and feeling (especially Michael Bay loves to use them… for those who’ve seen Transformers, you most certainly remember airplanes and choppers flying in slow motion in the light of the sun as it is going down (sunset) ).

Here’s what wikipedia has to say:

So you see, everybody loves to watch at the sun as it’s going down at the horizon, because it gives us a special feeling. That’s what some of your skyboxes do too[/quote]

26 august 2009, Wezelkrozum came back from holiday in his car. He ride on the highway, the time was set at 20:15 and he saw the sun melting into the horizon. A raibow colored magic sky consisting of purple,red,orange,yellow,green and blue. It gaves him a special feeling, a feeling like… a new piriod begins, a new world opens.
…And that all after the day he saw 3 tapirs in a museum…:wink:

What a tapir can do with your life!

(shagileo) #151

[quote=wezelkrozum;196739]26 august 2009, Wezelkrozum came back from holiday in his car. He ride on the highway, the time was set at 20:15 and he saw the sun melting into the horizon. A raibow colored magic sky consisting of purple,red,orange,yellow,green and blue. It gaves him a special feeling, a feeling like… a new piriod begins, a new world opens.
…And that all after the day he saw 3 tapirs in a museum…:wink:

What a tapir can do with your life![/quote]

Puts beer glass that’s in hand up Amen to that

(Paul) #152

Tapirs will come to SD Party Sunday =)

(Avoc) #153

Scary, get ready to render soon :stuck_out_tongue:

(Paul) #154

Yes sir, yes!

(murka) #155

Can you possibly make a night skybox? Arabian nights is really a sunset, but i’m looking for a night skybox with stars, the moon and a bit of very transparent clouds.

(Avoc) #156

After I’ve made this other, sure =)

(Paul) #157

Avoc do you have msn/xfire?
Mine: paul@dumpendiezooi.nl / 9darkfader9

(Avoc) #158

New skybox released - Frozen!

Download link at the first post =)

A big thanks to Scary for helping me render this - took him 60 hours! I dont dare to think how much it would have taken me =D

Enjoy =)

(Paul) #159

Well after the first 20 hours i thought “THis is the last time I’m gonna do this” but then I thought "If I won’t help Avoc he is probably busy for ~300 hours so I didn’t wanted to do that to him.

So I continued etc etc… Especially the top part too crazy long ~ 20 hours or so.

ANYWAY WE DID IT AND WE ARE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN :D:D

(Cambodunum) #160

awesome work avoc and scary … Keep it up!