[+]Download “Darkness”

[anchor]older[/anchor]
[+]Download “Overcast”
[+]Download “Endless”
[+]Download “Frozen”
[+]Download “Heat”
[+]Download “Rufus”
[+]Download “Horizon”
[+]Download “Vanilla Sky” (Contains 2 versions)
[+]Download “Arabian Nights”
[+]Download “Turbulent Blue”

[anchor]other[/anchor]

[+]Download “Detailed Blue Clouds”
NOTE: There is a readme explaining in depth what to do in the file; you simply just need to add these lines to your shader:

{
		map textures/avoc_common/blue_detailed_clouds.tga
		blendfunc gl_src_alpha gl_one_minus_src_alpha
		tcMod scroll 0.005 0.005
		tcmod scale 3 3
	}

With tcmod scale you can fake the “height” of the clouds - lower values equals clouds that are “closer” to the ground, while higher values make the clouds appear higher up.
Also note that these clouds work best with a “blue” skybox - but I am sure you should be able to edit the texture itself so that it can fit other colored skyboxes.

[+]Download “Snow Assets”
I’ve noticed that most snow maps still use the vanilla ET snow textures - So, I’ve decided to release the textures which I made for a map I used to work on. This download contains:

• 2 blendable ground textures
  • 1 texture containing 2 different snow trees
  • 2 snowy foliage models - they are based on the wavey foliage by rayban, but with new textures.
  • 1 snowy rock texture

NOTE: Place the different elements in their exact folders, and do not change the .shader file as it will result in a missing texture error.

USED IN:[anchor]used[/anchor]
These skyboxes have been used in the following maps.
Arabian Nights
Rushers11
Le Lac (Beta 4)

Heat
Fueldump Desert

Rufus
Goldrush Germany

[anchor]toa[/anchor]
All of these skyboxes are free to use if they are for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory maps and/or mods. However, you must credit www.eft-clan.com and me in either your shader or in the readme.
If you wish to use these skyboxes outside of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - be sure to ask me first, either here or at www.eft-clan.com.
You may in no way sell or in other way gain profit from these skyboxes. If you wish to use them in a commerical product, contact me.

/////////////////////////////////////////

+++ ORIGINAL POST +++
So, I recently made a very high quality skybox for a clanmate to make his very first map look a bit special, instead of using the much overused Goldrush sky.

This was the result:
http://www.own3d.tv/watch/14107

The link will lead you to a small “map flythrough”. There are some good views of the other sides of the skybox. Near the end of the video you will see a better view of the sun. =)

In that video the skybox was 2048 x 2048 pixels per side. The program I use for rendering the skies is “Vue 7” - each side takes me about 5-6 hours to render, when the resolution is 2048 x 2048 pixels.

The question I have now is; is there a need in the mapping community to have these types of skyboxes?

I am aware that amethyst had released a bunch of skyboxes years ago. And I know that most people who want to, can easily make their own skyboxes. So, should I ‘waste’ nearly 24 hours rendering a full skybox? (keep in mind I actually have to create the sky itself, and this can take up to two days).

I would like to give back to the community which has helped me and provided me with feedback for a long time, and I feel this is the best way I can do that.

(Pegazus) #2

Lovely skybox, better then the images i have of sunset.
I’m sure someone will be more then pleased to use it, i’d say go for it m8 :wink:

(Qualmi) #3

wow. first map from this guy and boom headshot !! this looks like a lot of work. he is really talented. cant compete with that. cant wait to play this.

skybox is ofc great too, but i cant promise to use one, if id say now i want one. atm i could use somekind of morning sky :smiley:

(IndyJones) #4

i hope 2048x2048 per side is not going to be in pk3?

(Pande) #5

Guys, its a bit of quality, its great to see it finally coming to ET just suck it up and download it. :slight_smile: also, notc in shader or your gonna get those lines like in your pic.

Also, take a look at TG2 when you have the time :wink:

(Avoc) #6

Why not? Sure, the entire skybox is going to add atleast 1mb to the .pk3, but if you have a large outdoor map, where 50% of the players screen has a view of the sky, then (atleast in my mind) I would like to have the players be able to look at something interesting.

Its better to have a 2048 x 2048 picture, and then you can resize it to 1024 x 1024 or 512 x 512 if you want to. You can’t do it the other way around :wink:

@ Qualmi: Next sunday there will be public maptest of his map. You can go to www.eft-clan.com forums for more info, or just wait and I will most likely tell people about it here too :slight_smile:
It is his first map, but he has “restarted” it 11 times :smiley: That is why the map is called “Rushers11”

Also this thread is basically to ask what kind of skies everyone would like to have. I will release the rushers11 sky as soon as we have held the maptest (next sunday). I am currently rendering a turbulent blue sky with godrays (beams of light through the clouds) and I have a third sky which I am using for personal projects.

(Magic) #7

Very nice colors- will be more to download tho - but i wont mind that.
Have always used Terragen for skyboxes - will have a look at Vue7.
The map looks promising too.

(Miki) #8

the map looks great! I’m really stunned!
How did you make that vid? The path that the camera follows, how do you do that? :slight_smile:

(IndyJones) #9

camtrace i guess. i’m trying to learn to use it. :wink:

(Avoc) #10

Yes, camtrace =)

After spending many frustrating hours figuring it out :smiley:

(nUllSkillZ) #11

Good looking skybox.
Very good work.

(aaa3) #12

i would say, absolutely. this is wonderful.

(Pande) #13

vue makes some unrealistic clouds tho imo :frowning: shame TG2 public release has a resolution CAP, but hehe there are ways around that :slight_smile:

(Avoc) #14

First skybox released - “Turbulent Blue”

Check OP =)

@ Pande: It all depends on how you use Vue. Vue 7 is capable of making some of the most realistic clouds. You have full control over how the clouds will appear, how fluffy or how sharp they will be etc.
If you want to make unrealistic clouds, that is possible aswell (that is what I wanted to do with the “rushers 11” sky - make it a bit fairytale like)

(eiM) #15

Very much appreciated! Nowadays people dont care about 1mb more or less at a map which therefore has that great looks.

If you want to help me with my next map project I’ll need a special sky. Map is set at the sea which means I want to have a sunset aswell along with some thunderstorm at the horizon and radar-like clouds above the actual player :smiley: Hard to describe. Keep up the work!

(Magic) #16

I love it - nice work Avoc - keep them coming :slight_smile:

(Avoc) #17

[QUOTE=eiM;191644]Very much appreciated! Nowadays people dont care about 1mb more or less at a map which therefore has that great looks.

If you want to help me with my next map project I’ll need a special sky. Map is set at the sea which means I want to have a sunset aswell along with some thunderstorm at the horizon and radar-like clouds above the actual player :smiley: Hard to describe. Keep up the work![/QUOTE]

I will see what I can do =)

(eiM) #18

sounds promising :stuck_out_tongue: Find me in #et.mapping if you want any more details

(Avoc) #19

Here is a quick and small render. You can’t see it in the picture, but there is a dark cloudfront to the left, and to the right are some sparse clouds.

What do you say?

(eiM) #20

looks sexy :slight_smile: I guess I could make use of that.

Only need to properly implement the sun-reflection to the water the player can go into :smiley: will see. Great job! Waiting for the downloadable one :stuck_out_tongue: