(Pegazus) #221

[QUOTE=Avoc;238270]Whoops :smiley:
Fixed[/QUOTE]

Thanks, itā€™s looking awesome in game! :wink:

(Kic) #222

Here is skybox texture for tree landscape , no script, only textures

here http://www.sendspace.com/file/ty1eev

(Avoc) #223

Would appreciate if you didnt post other skyboxes in this thread, it might confuse people :slight_smile:

(Kic) #224

Ok .
Can you make from this textures full working skybox with shader please

(.Chris.) #225

Iā€™m having some problems with the overcast sky, works fine on both my mapping installation and a clean installation but when I try with ETPro online the sky doesnā€™t work leaving the orange grid of headaches in its place. Any suggestions?

(Avoc) #226

Hmm, that is strange. I had a map with the overcast sky running on our etpro server with no problems. Does the console give any clues?

(ailmanki) #227

etpro - online - any other pk3 killing the shader?

(.Chris.) #228

Well, in the pk3 the scripts folder was named script :confused:

Not sure how it worked on the clean install that one time unless I launched wrong ET for that testā€¦

(Eonfge) #229

He Everybody,

Iā€™m very pleased to announce that yesterday, AVOC granted the ETXreal project the right to use the skyboxes under the CC-BY-SA license. As such, these skyboxes will become the new beauty in the game.

With HDR, and advanced shadowing, they will bring beauty to new and old maps.

Have a pretty day with nice soft shadows,

Eonfge

(Mateos) #230

What about thunder dynamic lighting? :stuck_out_tongue: A bit offtopic but it could concern these skyboxes.

(h20xyg3n) #231

Sorry I just checked out the darkness one which was released and itā€™s all weird, the skybox looks distorted with weird lines and colours on it

(.Chris.) #232

Anyone got a mirror for these? All the links are down.

(ailmanki) #233

Here they are, http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=1531

(.Chris.) #234

Thanks, shame that most of these have the sun near the horizon which would create rather long shadows, not great for my intended use :frowning:

(Mateos) #235

What kind of skybox are you looking for? I mean, I guess you need the sun (at least), and itself quite risen, but do you want something frozen or from summer?

(.Chris.) #236

Was hoping to use some of these for ET:QW but if you have too many shadows it causes a drop in performance. If the sun is rather high you can turn off shadows from some geometry and you wonā€™t notice theyā€™ve gone.

That said, I think ā€˜horizonā€™ would look really nice used on the Battery port Iā€™m working on, the preview image even uses the original battery map :slight_smile: Thereā€™s not many buildings in the map to cast too many shadows from.

EDIT: Quick test using stock map:

(ailmanki) #237

you can search for ā€˜skyboxā€™ on wolffiles, will yield quite a few results, but I donā€™t know there quality - surely varies a lot.

i searching for a skybox/sky

anyone here knows a god sky with a moon (like goldrush) and a sea

nothing extremus just a moon and then water, like a mix of goldrush and seawallā€¦

I want a sky in that style, and i should be very pleaced if i can get one.

(twt_thunder) #239

there is a hole bunch in our downloads oveove, really just have to go trough them one by one

probably what you want is lostatseanight by amethyst

(Coornio) #240

I apologize for the necro of this thread - I mean no trouble nor disrespect to the admins and the rules of this forum.

The reason behind my action lies with the thread creator, Avoc, who made these skyboxes. I wish to obtain permission from him for use in a different project, but I cannot seem to find any way to reach him. Thereā€™s no way to message someone directly on this forum (and judging by the activity he doesnā€™t frequent here anymore). Similarly, the clan website mentioned in the readmeā€™s of these skyboxes is no longer around so I am at an impasse.

If there is anyone here who might know him and could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it immensely. I thank you all for your time and apologies once again.