Goldrush Sneakpreview

(taw_m0nsta) #1

Hi Guys

The maker of Siwa Oasis (and TAW member) Numerobis started a new map called Goldrush. (should ring a bell for some). Here are some screenshots:

Personally i was very amazed by the area and the objectives/story line (transmitting a Strogg Databrain into the MCP to continue the MCP drive. I will soon ask permission to share the pk4 alpha with you guys.

(timestart) #2

Which Quake 3 map does this use for its final objective?

(tokamak) #3

Oh sweet!! Don’t forget the furniture in the gold room.

(.Chris.) #4

I wouldn’t get too excited, this is from the same guy who murdered Oasis, judging by these screenshots I assume he’s aiming for a kill streak.

(Donnovan) #5

Nice work m0nsta.

I want to congratulate you and all the TAW team.

(Apples) #6

I agree with you but you sir, is a bitch :wink:

(Donnovan) #7

Yes, Apples, you agree with him. But he does not agree with him self.

Talk to him about some W:ET map contests and screenshot judgment.

(Slade05) #8

****, do want.

(murka) #9

So can we actually jump from rooftop to rooftop?

(Ashog) #10

wow, looks interesting. I do really hope that guy learned from his flop with Oasis.

(.Chris.) #11

I’ve tested it solo, don’t think he has tbh.

(matsy) #12

I like the idea but I wouldn’t want to ruin my memories of this great map with a cheap hash.

(Donnovan) #13

matsy, put that new memories in a new folder of your brain and its everything ok.

Chris, this is privileged information. People can’t download the map to see by then self, that is a thing you valorize.

Ashog, what is happening with you, got a girl friend?

(Ashog) #14

NO! MUCH BETTER!

I got URLAUB!

(and a new job in a new country too)

(taw_m0nsta) #15

Remember that this map is in its first alpha release. In overall I think it looks much better then most other maps ilve seen in alpha status. Just to be clear, I am not the creator/maker of this map.

And for the critique Sheldon, eh Chris :smiley: we all know that if you don’t make mistakes you never learn a thing. Lets hope this map will become awesome and bug free soon.

If i am right the Oasis bug should be fixed.

http://www.bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Numerobis/siwa_lit.mega
http://www.bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Numerobis/zmap_siwa_A3.pk4

(.Chris.) #16

[QUOTE=taw_m0nsta;375694]Remember that this map is in its first alpha release. In overall I think it looks much better then most other maps ilve seen in alpha status. Just to be clear, I am not the creator/maker of this map.

And for the critique Sheldon, eh Chris :smiley: we all know that if you don’t make mistakes you never learn a thing. Lets hope this map will become awesome and bug free soon.

If i am right the Oasis bug should be fixed.

http://www.bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Numerobis/siwa_lit.mega
http://www.bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Numerobis/zmap_siwa_A3.pk4[/QUOTE]

Can we test both Oasis and Goldrush on Nirvana this week then? I’ll give you proper feedback then.

(taw_m0nsta) #17

Hey Chris, well I emailed Numerobis to make him awere of this topic, so far I know Numerobis is very busy in personal life at the moment. Ill bet you already have the goldrush mega & pk4 (if not, let me know). A couple TAW members tested it previous week (local) and for some Windows7 users it crashed the game when completing the the (final) objective. For me it worked fine (osx).

I hope he finds some time soon to reply me. We are going to update Oasis on TAW servers very soon (maybe this week) If you want I can e-mail you if the map is working fine now. (could save you some trouble on Nirvana…

(.Chris.) #18

Yeah, pretty easy to find based off Oasis’ directory :slight_smile:

(matsy) #19

I personally hope that it isn’t a straight copy of the ET version.

I would love the ability to blow up the main door as a side objective so that once you’ve called in the mcp (presuming you’re building some sort of radio communications device) that you can go the back way (truck way) to the objective.

I hope there are tank traps (derp, mcp traps) along the route to the objective, preferably four in total.

If you have played the sw_goldrush_te, the forward spawn could be very useful to the attacking team.

I also hope there isn’t any other vehicles like icarus’s or anything as I really don’t think it would suit the map.

(Susefreak) #20

Maps will not be available on TAW servers any time soon.