Goldrush Sneakpreview

(matsy) #21

Had my first run around on Oasis and I think a part of me died. I really don’t get it :S you can jump over to the other side so you don’t really need to go to the “original” way and there are so many ways to get to places its unreal, must be a night mare to defend! Also what are all the portals about? Noobs don’t know how to jump much?

and well Goldrush, I would like a second route, deployables and it seems that parts of the map have been extended again for no reason :s , first tank barrier should be in plan view so there no cover and I don’t like how once you have the data brain the strogg switch spawns to the original gdf.

(Donnovan) #22

If we will test Oasis and Glod Rush on Nirvana, why not test one map each sunday so we have space for other maps?

Nirvana is turning into something very delicated, and based on experienced players/mappers, i believe the two maps on one sunday will not be a good thing.

(taw_m0nsta) #23

I do not recommend playing Gold Rush on a server yet since I know some players on Win7 crash after completing the map.

(Scrupus) #24

Hi m0nsta,

I tried to get Gold Rush onto the server yesterday, but there is some kind of problem with it. I’m not sure if it is a client problem really - it crashed the server as well, when the MCP reached the final destination. It looks like the “vendtrigg” function in the script starts looping, as I could see 6-7 messages from it (sys.print( "Gold_Rush Rush - MCP is SAVE
" ):wink: before it crashed. I think the problem is that this trigger doesn’t stop - it will keep triggering the end game routine and this generate some kind of problem on the server. It worked ok when I tested it in local play on windows though.

My suggestion, is to replace the custom trigger_touched thing with trigger_mcp - this trigger is already in the SDK, and should do the job just fine I think, without a custom trigger. Tell Numberious to look at the second objective in arcis_a2 - this objective use trigger_mcp, and finish that objective fine, via the normal objective manager, so he can use the normal Completed objective event, ie. this one:

(} else if ( index == OBJECTIVE_Gold_Rush_ESCAPE_MCP ) {
		OnMCPEscaped();

It’s been a while since I worked on that stuff, but I think the only thing required is to use trigger_mcp with the keyvalue “objective_index 3” set.

It’s also a problem with the custom vTriggerTouched function - it overlaps with the one from Estate, so we get an error. Ideally, BOTH maps should fix this somehow. Or get rid of them if possible - if it’s only used for MCP, the trigger_mcp should work fine both for primary objectives, and secondary (barricades and such).

I gave up getting this to work for now, so we can’t test Gold Rush today :frowning:

But I would like to say that I find this port pretty interesting, and would love to test it more over time :slight_smile:

My only comment for now, is that it’s maybe a barricade - or two - too much :tounge:

4 barricades is a lot. But let’s hope Strogg forget to build them, like Axis often do :wink:

But that can wait for later, most important first is to fix the it so it ends ok on server. Please forward my suggestions about the trigger_mcp - I’m pretty sure that will fix it (and it should also simplify code a bit).

(Violator) #25

vTriggerTouched is used to detect the MCP entering the area to fire the bridge destruction sequence, it wasn’t ideal but it works :wink: I make sure its destroyed once triggered to stop it getting re-triggered. Its quite a useful function as it can detect any type of vehicle entering, not just the MCP.

(Scrupus) #26

Yes, but trigger_mcp does the same, and is already part of the base game :wink:

I agree the custom trigger can be useful for other vehicles, but as long as it is only used for MCP - the stock one would be better :slight_smile:

Especially to avoid those map overlaps - those are a pain when you combine several maps in the same campaign “namespace”:frowning:

(taw_m0nsta) #27

Thanks for the feedback guys, I hope Numerobis will fix the issue soon and might get the time to improve the map.