Falling leaves tournament

(Snotling) #41

May the useless post be with you! :wink:

Thx rUBBEN for re-opening.

(Jakoby) #42

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;380034]cheers, you spare me the triple post

I have made this little schedule for a 12 teams mini-league.
Actually, there would be 3 groups of 4 teams choosen randomly. As you see on the schedule, we consider that :
1, 5, 9 are the winners (the team with the most win, or more the points) of their groups.
2, 6, 10 are the 2nd of their groups
3, 7, 11 are the 3rd of their groups
4, 8, 12 are the 4th of their groups.

The winner of their groups fight each other on the intergroup phase, the 2nd with the 2nd, etc etc

What do you think about that ?[/QUOTE]

Great, and if it doesnt work right away then extend the dates to play on:cool:

(Apples) #43

I’m not really up for that, no shows are what ruin the competition, when it’s a little league like that (relatively easy to admin, tho I know by experience it’s a biatch to manage…) just force the match dates / time and be there at the right time, one team still not complete and ready after 15 minute, loss for this team.

If you wait for the matches to be played, the other teams are waiting, often in vain because no one can find this or this captain who cant even find his teammates, and everything can go down in a matter of days.

Be strong with your admining, the match 1 is wednesday @ 8 and basta, one team cant make it, well next time she wont sign up…

I may be a bit harsh with my words, but I tryed running some tourney and if you are too easy with the captains they do what they want, never transmit you the results or stuffs like that, do not let you know when or where they play and then yell like babies because there is a problem (draw or whatever) and no admin was present, duh, next time tell me when you play you dumb…

/rant

Be strict, comp is comp, signed teams know what they doing, this will roll better for everyone In my opinion.

BTW, where are TAW, VILLA and some other big clans? These guys could send like 4 teams per clan alreasy and this could insuflate some fresh air in comp, getting stomped by sGs day by day is becoming boring ^^

Peace

(taw_m0nsta) #44

[QUOTE=Apples;380113]
BTW, where are TAW[/QUOTE]
I guess we are too busy with our own Battle For Earth tournaments which are twice a week (monday/sunday) with a custom fun event on the thursday (with plans of making a public custom event). Fact is, ETQW isn’t providing us a constant stream of new recruits any more (times changed!), which means very slowly but surely the ETQW division is getting smaller. Ill give it max. 1 more year before the whole devision transfers to another game. Nothing to be sad about, in fact we should celebrate it that ETQW made it up till 4 years. Anyway, ill let the EU guys know in the next meeting about this tournament and inform the TAW NA side, and see what I can do.

(rUBBEN) #45

If you need a secretary, snotling is sexy !

Well, Apples, you are true but I think when you tried to organise something the game was little more populated… now if you create an event, YOU often need to bring the teams, and then you got to listen to them etc and I think it’s really positive when it works, because it’s even harder.

I think the best way is that, in each groupe there will be an admin, who organise the dates etc, and has 3 days to make the 3 games per team played, he gives me the results and it should work.

and then I think we need other game servers… I’ll ask cryti to set our Aero server up, then we have 3 game servers it should be enough.

If you have friends or know someone who wants to sign-up his team, move move because I definitly lock the signs-up at 12 teams !

(rUBBEN) #46

Ok, I’ve started to work on this little webpage : http://stupidoz.free.fr/falling-leaves/

(DrFunkenstein) #47

Good luck with the tournament, rUBBEN. Any chance there will be a TV server so people can watch the matches?

Dr. Funkenstein <-- couch potato!

(rUBBEN) #48

Thx man ! Yeah sure, the TV server will be there :slight_smile:

(rUBBEN) #49

Ok we got 12 teams, so I lock the signs-up. Now the official website is there : http://stupidoz.free.fr/falling-leaves

(DrFunkenstein) #50

Nice!

I love watching these kinda games on a TV server. Can’t wait for the semis in the OCB World Cup to start. Only 95 minutes left!

Dr. Funkenstein

(onYn) #51

[QUOTE=Apples;380113]
BTW, where are TAW[/QUOTE]

We´re in :wink:

(murka) #52

Apples, since you haven’t shown up on #biatch.etqw lately i have to ask whether you’ll be playing or not.

(Apples) #53

I’ve shown one or 2 times but everyone afk :wink:

I can sub as I have no mic and wont have mucho time to train, dont put me on “main” roster thos and if you have 4 ppl for sure dont bother with me, I cant be sure I’ll be avi to play so consider me as a potential sub. When I’m avi during the cup I’ll hang on the chan.

Peace

(Aristotle) #54

I noticed a few people are on multiple teams. That should make things interesting.

(Crytiqal) #55

Looks nice :slight_smile:

Well done

(Shelly) #56

would someone be so kind to post the 4v4 config that will be used for this cup or to send it to me via pm so i can add it to my pro mod server. we re all rusty and havent played pro mod much in ages and would like to practice just a wee bit ^^. cheeeeers <3

(rUBBEN) #57

**** I can’t find the 4v4 CB on the net, cryti have you got it ?

(Shelly) #58

yeah i cant find it on the net either :frowning: hence i asked here =) hopefully someone has it =)

(timestart) #59

This should be close enough until someone can find it.

// Vanilla CVars
set g_disableVehicleSpawns 1
set si_rules sdGameRulesCompetition
set g_allowMineIcons 0
set si_noProficiency 1
set si_teamDamage 1
set g_showPlayerArrows 1

// ETQWPro CVars
set es_aimStyle 1
set es_allowAirStrike 0
set es_allowCrateGrenades 0
set es_allowCrates 1